What is wrong with US fans?

W. Adam S

It just seems so dead!

The band has such a confidence about it now, it's amazing! They are even starting to make certain songs their own. Awesome. But, there are people standing 10 feet from Axl just nodding thheir heads??!!!

Wtf do you want them to do? I paid goodf money and was up front. The last thing i want to do is push and shove idiots. I want to see and enjoy my favorite band. Dont mistake big outside festivals with indoor shows. I was at youngstown, every one was having a great time, so i really dont know what the point of this thread is?????

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

North American crowds are hit and miss. Some markets have amazing crowds, some not so much.

It depends on the band too. I've seen Rush four times in Toronto. At first it might seem like some people aren't enjoying it, but it's not boredom, it's interest. These people are just enjoying watching the band do what they do. It's almost like they're in awe. Then of course there are the air drummers, and the crazy guys on the floor. When I saw AC/DC at the Rogers Centre, even people in the upper bowl way at the back stood the whole time, as far as I could see anyways. I hate stadiums but the energy was electric, people danced the whole time.

I was surprised both times I saw Guns in Hamilton that the entire crowd stood pretty well the whole time. If people sat they also didn't seem to get pissed that others were still standing, which has happened to me a few times.

Granted, none of this is like those South American crowds. Those people are insane. It'd be amazing to stand there just to feel the energy. Ultimately though, I'd rather not get pushed around the whole time. It's part of the fun, don't get me wrong, and I love getting involved like that at local shows, but if I spend $100 on a Guns ticket I want to hear Axl sing, not the crowd. :lol:

It could be that some people like just as much but they just show it in different ways. My concert experience was awesome and I was jumping all the time. In hindsight,however, I was so excited that I only remember flashes of the actual concert. Maybe not as nice a few years after, but during the concert it was a magical experience.

Just watching the LA show from a few weeks ago. WTF is wrong with the US crowd?? Have you American boys and girls have forgotten how to party! They put on an amazing show, and the crowd just stands still for the whole show!! WTF?

It's not the early 90's. The kids who went nuts at those shows are now 40 years old...or nearly that age anyway lol. What do you expect?

It's because most Americans are obese and if they get too excited they will tire themselves out.

That coming from someone who has posted almost 3000 times in five months, I would assume you don't get off your ass too often.

relax, he was obviously joking.

No need to joke about It because It's the truth. This Is the fattest country on the planet.

Per capita...Australia has overtaken the US for a few years now. No shit.

Just watching the LA show from a few weeks ago. WTF is wrong with the US crowd?? Have you American boys and girls have forgotten how to party! They put on an amazing show, and the crowd just stands still for the whole show!! WTF?

I'm disgusted with the state of music in the United States in general. Rock and roll is dead here. It's still around, underground, away from mainstream. But kids don't know what the fuck rock and roll is. It's quite sad. They think Kanye West "rocks" and you have rappers rapping about how they're "rock stars." Look at LMFAO "Party rock"? Give me a fuckin' break.

Yes, then you go to these rock shows and everyone is just fucking standing there like a bunch of assholes.

I see the shows in South America where fans were singing the guitar riffs. Man, I'd kill to be at a show like that. It must be ELECTRIC in the middle of a crowd that's singing the fucking Gn'R solos.

"rock and roll never forgets"

But like you said, it's not dead...it's just underground. But is that anything new? Rock goes in waves, it always has. Do you think Sabbath were on the top of the charts in the mid 70's? Do you even KNOW what dominated mainstream music at that time? Punk was raging wild in the late 70's but it was no where on the radio or on the charts. Just because some of us have seen punk and rock dominate the radio (early 90's), doesn't mean it'll stay that way forever.

Rock is alive and well. It's thriving as it always has in the US. You just can't rely on the radio and the charts to find it right now.

Then someone needs to point me in the right direction. I only know of a few unsigned or local rock bands who play here in Chicago. Seems that all the lesser key acts that roll through are all acoustic or indie rock or a blend of some pop crap. I saw a group called The Black Saints last year and they kicked ass. I saw a band called Hessler with a female lead. I didn't enjoy them at all, though live they had some pretty good rockers. But seriously, I don't see a big underground movement in Chicago. Maybe I'm ignorant to it. I wish someone would turn me on to a great scene with enthusiastic show-goers.

Edited by GnR Chris

probably tired from the late start and the waiting around for the headliner

Then someone needs to point me in the right direction. I only know of a few unsigned or local rock bands who play here in Chicago. Seems that all the lesser key acts that roll through are all acoustic or indie rock or a blend of some pop crap. I saw a group called The Black Saints last year and they kicked ass. I saw a band called Hessler with a female lead. I didn't enjoy them at all, though live they had some pretty good rockers. But seriously, I don't see a big underground movement in Chicago. Maybe I'm ignorant to it. I wish someone would turn me on to a great scene with enthusiastic show-goers.

It depends on the type of rock music. If you're open to new styles then there's always good stuff out there. If you're looking for new hard rock? Not so easy lol.

Edited by Nintari

It depends on the type of rock music. If you're open to new styles then there's always good stuff out there. If you're looking for new hard rock? Not so easy lol.

Yeah, that's how I feel. And that's what I'm into, more Gn'R inspired rock music. Scorpions and Guns N' Roses are my favorite rock bands. As far as new(er) acts go, I like The Killers, but they're not straight up hard rock. They still kick ass.

Any bands like this people know of ...

And to the person who posted that big list of rock bands, thanks. I will peruse it and go on the hunt in the ensuing weeks.

Yeah, that's how I feel. And that's what I'm into, more Gn'R inspired rock music. Scorpions and Guns N' Roses are my favorite rock bands. As far as new(er) acts go, I like The Killers, but they're not straight up hard rock. They still kick ass.

Any bands like this people know of ...

And to the person who posted that big list of rock bands, thanks. I will peruse it and go on the hunt in the ensuing weeks.

Well THAT'S the problem. Rock doesn't die but it DOES change. That classic AC/DC sound is dead, flat lined. I personally like that style of music but there's no doubt it's had it's day in the sun. The challenge, imo, is moving forward with it. I have all my vinyl, it aint going anywhere. I still spin Zeppelin and AC/DC and buy new classic rock albums when they drop. But I also try to keep up on the new sounds and bands as well. It's so easy to stay stuck in a particular sound or era, especially the one a person grows up with, but the REAL challenge is in staying on the edge of the new shit. I mean, afterall, GNR was "the new shit" at some point right? So why should we be closed minded now that we're older? Doesn't make sense to me. If we closed ourselves off back then, we would have said GNR were shit (my dad and his friends thought that very same thing. GNR was considered shitty compared to the 70's stuff that they liked etc.)

Times change and I find it fun and challenging to accept that change. But that's just me.

Edited by Nintari