1 0n 1 with Tommy Stinson NBA.COM (says GNR have plans in 2 weeks!)

gunsguy

Bumblefoot has already said they probably are to embark on a theatre tour in February. End of discussion.

Yeah, it's kind of obvious when you add that to this:

Interviewer "what's going on with Guns, with Axl?"

Tommy: "I can't say officially but were leaving again in two weeks"

New tour, hence leaving. Why should they need to leave anywhere if it was about releasing new music?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.tourdesigncreative.com/media/approved/Guns%20N%20Roses%20-%20North%20American%20Tour/

TV ads approved 01/20/12

same ads but approval date changed :) thanks to Spirit at htgth for finding this

What does this mean?

No idea other than they approved ads for the 20th. Meaning they could at any time be seeling tix for something

If they're playing in the host city, it's either A: private event, B: sponsored by Monster drinks. Easy payday for the band, might even be the stripped down set for a few hundred. The band will prob. go to see the Super Bowl. You know they'll play WTTJ and put them on TV if they're in the audience. Shit, how much does Axl get every time that song's played in an arena?

There's usually a lot of private shows and fundraisers going on. I'm sure we'll be hearing about some of it once they sign off on it.

Prob. will hear more about shows around that time and more hints about new music.

They're well oiled right now, if there's private shows handing over 6-7 figure checks and cover the cost of flight and transportation, there's no need to tour. It kind of shuts out a lot of fans though. Maybe they can do what Flaming Lips did - free tickets on a first come first served basis or lottery, and the sponsor foots the bill. Or a "Secret Show". I can see them doing this here and there. Sponsors are supposed to offset the cost of a concert ticket, and the more self-contained GNR can be when it comes to merch and booking shows, the more money in their pockets.

I'm pretty sure if they were unable to play Rio, this last leg of the tour would've never happened. I'm sure it covered some of the losses they took.

The funny thing is, most people aren't expecting a reunion to happen. Most people are taking a "see it to believe it" attitude.

Axl's birthday is in 2 weeks.

This.

It's not just any birthday, it's his 50th which is a BFD. So whatever it is that's going on, I would expect it to be tied into his birthday.

Also FWIW, in 3 weeks there are a couple things that could possibly involve GNR at the Grammys. McCartney is scheduled to perform (Live And Let Die?) and the Best Hard Rock Performance category has been replaced with Best Rock Performance and Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance. Who better to present for this category's first time than one or more members of GNR?

The worst thing they could do is play something that will be live broadcasted.

It will be Rio all over again.

Nah, if its like a 15 minute performance it'll be great. Axl still sounds killer on Jungle and throw in soft song and they'd blow everyone away.

If its a whole televised gig like Rio, then yes, I expect the press would have a field day.

I think gnr van halen co headline tour...van halen have arena tour in us,but to be honest they can not sell more than 7-8000 tickets per night so coheadline with gnr will be right thing

Who can't sell more than that, Van Halen or Guns? I'm pretty sure half of the shows on Van Halen's tour are already sold out or close to (just single seats available).