Poor Bumblefoot / Richard Fortus

bionic56

BirdCatcher we will have to agree to disagree ! you obviously are a stalker to quote an axl quote ! a bit weird ! do you live your life pretending in some way you are Axl ??????????? probably yes , get a girlfriend dude

that is all

I'm actually married. Maybe you should get out more than to cupcake a message board.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no probs man, i do respect your opinions mate, sorry if i got a little personal , take it easy

It's cool. I will be very upset if Ron and Rich leave the band or the band is reduced to a nostalgia act. The problem is the fans who expect to hear WTTJ every night. So many great songs have been written for CD, and they have such a tight band the majority of musicians want to focus on writing. But few give a good goddamn about new songs, they just want to see them play old shit.

I feel really sorry for these truly gifted players, they deserve so much better than playing the same every night. Ant to top it off it's not even there own material. They play songs that was made by other artists that had the sense to dump Axl when they did. Yeah yeah all give me shit for bashing Axl, but hey if i was a talented writer / player i would not be hanging round such a selfish artist as Axl. I don't get you guys, you all stick up for Axl and tell him how great he is, he will never change and start to look forward. You obviously do not want new music and happy with seeing the same show night after night. it's not a criminal offence to tell your idol he is being stupid, try not being a sheep and following, have some balls and speak up. Thta is what in the first place made Axl more attractive, and now his fans kiss his ass when it's not deserved. Jeez i don't understand you real fans !!! that's a joke in itself . i was actually there at donnington in 1988, that makes me A REAL FAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:monkey:

your comment is respected Soul monster, how do ya know they might be under contract and can't leave ! Bumble clearly has stated he is never consulted what gigs they play, so he obviously doesnt have much choice in what goes on, that much is obvious. I would love dexter to come and bash me atleat it would show he actually cares anymore ! which i doubt

Its the best gig these guys have going. No matter what happens with GnR being in this band only helps anything they are currently doing, wethers thats solo work, session work, scoring movies video game etc. Thats why when they get the call to play they come

no probs man, i do respect your opinions mate, sorry if i got a little personal , take it easy

It's cool. I will be very upset if Ron and Rich leave the band or the band is reduced to a nostalgia act. The problem is the fans who expect to hear WTTJ every night. So many great songs have been written for CD, and they have such a tight band the majority of musicians want to focus on writing. But few give a good goddamn about new songs, they just want to see them play old shit.

This is not a problem at all. Guns can release a 10-album box set of new material tomorrow, and they can and should still play Jungle, Sweet Child, Paradise and November Rain at every show, plus an assortment of the classics. No one should be complaining about that at all, we just want to hear new and unreleased material. Axl has rebuilt the band twice now, pretty much, to release one new album.

People should be respectful and there is no need to bash and complain constantly, but facts are facts. All this work just to release one new album, is ridiculous. Richard and Bumble are very talented guys and should be allowed to contribute to new GNR material.

Edited by axlsalinger

Axl has wasted two incarnations of GNR and is set to do it again. The path he has followed has produced very little and what it has produced was a great album, but not a classic album. Furthermore, people here laud him for doing everything his own way and that is fucking cool, but again , it did not result in anything worth talking about aside from the oddity of the whole saga. Axl has meant alot to me for twenty years, but he has wasted his talent, and the talent of others as well. The path he choose is not as cool as it is made out to be. He has burnt too many bridges and that has now kept the music from being released and for what? To prove some shitty point that only he regards as meaningful. Iam also very disaapointed that he has not taken care of himself at all. The arguement that he is 50 is pointless, because so is Duff and he is in peak shape. I believe Axl is one of those people who thrive off crisis. He doesnt function properly if his world is not always upside down, it is his personal identity now. He has spoken on numerous occasions that nothing ever works out for him and I believe somehow he manifests that as his reality. We will probably get an album, but it could have been so much more.

Edited by Carlos Castaneda

With all these negative comments, I almost start to feel depressed...

It'll not take that long before I f*cking hate Axl N' Guns!

They are not being presented in anegative way, though. Infact, if you read between the lines you will see the love behind some of these comments. Axl makes his personal world a negative place. Some people here who have observed this for decades are commenting on it.

They are not being presented in anegative way, though. Infact, if you read between the lines you will see the love behind some of these comments. Axl makes his personal world a negative place. Some people here who have observed this for decades are commenting on it.

I'm observing Guns for 22 years now, I'm not a new generation fan or whatever.

Everybody knows who he/she is dealing with. So I don't see the love by reading between the lines. I only see complaining and impatience expressed.

Why not being happy that they at least do something? Are we happier with the radio silence from the past?

Everybody knows who he/she is dealing with. So I don't see the love by reading between the lines. I only see complaining and impatience expressed.

Why not being happy that they at least do something? Are we happier with the radio silence from the past?

The frustraion comes from the fact that Axl has wasted his talent, energy, and time. And his refusal to release new music is more than likely related to some petty grudge against the record company or some other entity. And, there is love there man. Have you never been in a relationship with someone where you find yourself saying things out of frustration because of how much you love them? I assume you have, so chill with just saying people are being negative or complaining.

There are some idiots in every crowd, but many of us feel a lot of affection and loyalty for Axl and the guys. Which is why we want them to release music so badly, to garner respect and simply function as a real band with an identity of their own.

Did Axl Rose spend fifteen years rebuilding a band TWICE, just so he could release one album and tour the world playing AFD and UYI songs without having to deal with Slash?

The frustraion comes from the fact that Axl has wasted his talent, energy, and time. And his refusal to release new music is more than likely related to some petty grudge against the record company or some other entity. And, there is love there man. Have you never been in a relationship with someone where you find yourself saying things out of frustration because of how much you love them? I assume you have, so chill with just saying people are being negative or complaining.

Are we the ones to decide for Axl that he wasted his talent? He's the one to say that, not us. It's his life, his project. He can do whatever he wants, because he doesn't owe anything to anyone.

He's a complex person, who goes his own way. We all know that, whether we like it or not. That's also a part of being a Guns fan.

And comparing this to a relationship is stupid imo. I don't have a relationship with Axl.

Axl doesn't owe anything to us or anyone else. But he specifically said that one of the reasons they spent so much time in the studio recording Chinese Democracy was so that they could release a second and third album, and tour, without having lengthy waits in between.

Hmm, well?

There are some idiots in every crowd, but many of us feel a lot of affection and loyalty for Axl and the guys. Which is why we want them to release music so badly, to garner respect and simply function as a real band with an identity of their own.

Did Axl Rose spend fifteen years rebuilding a band TWICE, just so he could release one album and tour the world playing AFD and UYI songs without having to deal with Slash?

I also feel affection and loyalty, but I also respect the choices that he/they make. If there's an album/new songs soon I'm happy, but if not, I'm not going to complain about it.

I'll just wait and see, like I do for 22 years now.

Which is why we want them to release music so badly, to garner respect and simply function as a real band with an identity of their own.

We ALL want that :). The difference is that I actually think the band is doing great right now and find very few reasons to complain. It's been less than 4 years since the last release, the band is extremely active with all kinds of things going on. If we can't enjoy times like these, what is then left to enjoy as fans of Guns N' Roses? I will start complaining (nah, not really, I'll rather just lose interest and disappear) when a few more years have gone by and I don't believe there will ever be new music or when the live shows loses all appeal. But right now I am going to continue to do something I missed through all the dark years: enjoy a band that is active and firing on all cylinders, that communicates with the fans, and that rips up the stage every night. And if you can't join me in that, well, that's your choice and your loss entirely. You're not raining on my parade.

As mentioned previously, it is cool that at least they are active. I saw the band in 2011, and it was an awesome show. Also saw large chunks of three other shows on live streams and enjoyed the hell out of all three.

There is no need for doom and despair. People are just saying that if Axl did re-build and keep GNR going to be in any way relevant, let's hear some new songs or at the very least get an update about whether they is an actual plan in place behind the scenes, or not.