Poor Bumblefoot / Richard Fortus

bionic56

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No new GNR-songs until 2016 so let's just enjoy the upcoming Appetite for destruction world tour and hope that it will be relaunched again in 2013-2015

Great 1st post. What's your previous nick?

No previous nick and nice to meet you too =) Glad to deal with nice and polite people...

First you are saying that you were joking and then later in your posts you say you could compile of lists of people "getting mad" at anyone for "talking about [GN'R's lousy productivity]". Make up your mind, were you just joking about this or do you seriously mean that people are getting mad about such a trifling thing?

I don't deny that people are getting mad, at both sides. Some for feeling stood up when GN'R didn't play new songs or announce a new record, and others for having to endure the formers' incessant complaining about said fact. But people are not getting mad because other members want to talk about GN'R lousy productivity, as you claimed; the lack of productivity is an interesting feature of the history of GN'R that demands discussions and pondering, especially now that Tommy also have put a lot of blame on outside factors. Do you see the difference?

I was joking, having a little fun with your post on the previous page. However, I did point out there are people getting mad because there are. Are you really suggesting that you haven't seen any of these posts? I guess you aren't, because you said the same thing in your next sentence, and yes I acknowledge it goes both ways. No, I don't really see much difference between people getting mad about having to endure others complaining about the lack of new songs, and people getting mad about others talking about GNR's lousy productivity, because ultimately they are referring to the same thing, in terms of GNR circa 2012.

Edit: yes.

Yes, I am saying I have never seen anyone getting mad because people are TALKING about the lousy productivity, but because people are COMPLAINING about this incessantly all over the board.

Uhm, the question was: do you see the difference between

* claiming people are getting mad at anyone for talking about GN'R's lousy productivity

* claiming people are getting mad at anyone for complaining about GN'R's lousy productivity

If not, I give up.

You're being ridiculous. No one to my knowledge is praising GNR for their lousy productivity. Therefore, most of the talk about it is going to be perceived as complaining. If you want to talk about it with me, I am going to voice my displeasure, therefore I am "complaining" even though we were just "talking" about it.

You're being ridiculous. No one to my knowledge is praising GNR for their lousy productivity. Therefore, most of the talk about it is going to be perceived as complaining. If you want to talk about it with me, I am going to voice my displeasure, therefore I am "complaining" even though we were just "talking" about it.

Hah, there is a huge difference between the occasional discussion on the lack of productivity and the uproar that took place after the first NY show. And you were the one that stated that people are getting mad at people for talking about the lack of productivity while I am merely pointing out that it is not the occasional discussion people react to, but the incessant complaining that has been flourishing over the board lately. The difference is hence mainly quantitative and not qualitative.

Edited by SoulMonster

It's the same thing. Any talk about it is immediately going to lead to posts that could be perceived as complaining.

As for the first New York show, it's normal for people who love a band enough to post on its message board, to convene during the first show of a new tour, or new leg of a tour, to discuss any changes that may or may not have occurred, and compare it to past shows. Many bands, including GNR, do switch things up on occasion, so there is nothing wrong with or surprising about this happening. The Up Close and Personal nature suggested it might be different from the previous tour, but as it turns out it's pretty much a continuation, just in smaller venues. There's nothing wrong with that, it's a great fucking show and I wish I could have gone. But I agree with many people who feel that this would have been the perfect time for the band to throw a curveball, after having thrown several fastballs in a row.

The real sad thing is here that I think this band could create some really cool music, they are all pretty good/really good players. I hope that they jam together one new material sans Axl at least.

And while touring is kinda cool (and I've read many posts how about its great they're out doing something and touring) all it means to me, especially when they don't come to my country so I don't get to see them anyway, is that it means that they aren't in the studio. And therefore a new album continues to drift away, and along with that the possibility of the excitment that a new album brings with music videos, media exposure, could be a hit record and gain acceptance to the average music fan for this band etc

I feel really sorry for these truly gifted players, they deserve so much better than playing the same every night. Ant to top it off it's not even there own material. They play songs that was made by other artists that had the sense to dump Axl when they did. Yeah yeah all give me shit for bashing Axl, but hey if i was a talented writer / player i would not be hanging round such a selfish artist as Axl. I don't get you guys, you all stick up for Axl and tell him how great he is, he will never change and start to look forward. You obviously do not want new music and happy with seeing the same show night after night. it's not a criminal offence to tell your idol he is being stupid, try not being a sheep and following, have some balls and speak up. Thta is what in the first place made Axl more attractive, and now his fans kiss his ass when it's not deserved. Jeez i don't understand you real fans !!! that's a joke in itself . i was actually there at donnington in 1988, that makes me A REAL FAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thinking that seeing GN'R in 1988 makes you a real fan is a joke in itself.

Besides, you're just trolling.

Why bitch and complain if you went to all these shows you mention in your sig.

Not that you even went to all of them.

Now move bitch.

Then on the other side, there's always potential of new material to stamp their mark upon the GNR legacy with, they play to thousands of people travelling the world, work with one of the most iconic frontmen in history, get larger fanbases of their own work, are paid reasonably well I would guess, playing real heartfelt music every night regardless of who it was written by they can interpret it their own way, it's not that bad a gig.

I feel really sorry for these truly gifted players, they deserve so much better than playing the same every night. Ant to top it off it's not even there own material. They play songs that was made by other artists that had the sense to dump Axl when they did. Yeah yeah all give me shit for bashing Axl, but hey if i was a talented writer / player i would not be hanging round such a selfish artist as Axl. I don't get you guys, you all stick up for Axl and tell him how great he is, he will never change and start to look forward. You obviously do not want new music and happy with seeing the same show night after night. it's not a criminal offence to tell your idol he is being stupid, try not being a sheep and following, have some balls and speak up. Thta is what in the first place made Axl more attractive, and now his fans kiss his ass when it's not deserved. Jeez i don't understand you real fans !!! that's a joke in itself . i was actually there at donnington in 1988, that makes me A REAL FAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now move bitch.

Maybe he's got them on cd/dvd ;)

Just kidding.

So you think he's wrong and people like Bumblefoot and Fortus don't deserve any better than to play other people's music ?

If the guys want to leave and evolve, they leave. As long as they're in Guns, it means that they're having a good time. And it also means that Axl likes them.

Edited by RocketQueenGNR

Acutally it means they are getting paid well and it is how they are making their living so they will stay for that mainly. It's not them wasting their talents, its Axl or GNR wasting the opportunity to uitilize their talents.

Acutally it means they are getting paid well and it is how they are making their living so they will stay for that mainly. It's not them wasting their talents, its Axl or GNR wasting the opportunity to uitilize their talents.

THIS is what I meant all along.

Axl could do so much with the people he has surrounded himself with and...y'know...with his own immense talent.

It's really sad.

I know I sound pissed but I'm mostly frustrated because I've followed Bumble for the last ten years, I've been a Brain and Finck fan for the last 12 years, and I find it criminal that, considering their talent, all that was accomplished was a single album that wasn't even properly produced.

I've seen the current lineup live in 2010 and it was the best show I've ever seen. I know what they are capable of. That's why it really pisses me off when they aren't spending time together in the studio.

It's not because I want them to be successful or to be number one again. I couldn't care less what other people think of them. It's because I want to see whether they can become more than the incredible live band that they already are. And I know most of the band would love to try...

Edited by The Glow Inc.

I Shall just ignore dumbo

Now move bitch.

Now move bitch.

Jeez what a man you are, so tough and strong behind your pc. i have been to more shows than you have had a feel of a women's breasts, seriously grow up man.............

I think it's prob. worse working for a pop star like Madonna or Britney than being a featured band member where at least Axl gives them some spotlight time.

As far as new music, I think if there's a way for GNR to make money on their recordings and start coming out with new songs that generate interest, then the record labels will prob. start throwing numbers their way. That's pretty much what VH had to do - they recorded the album, then worked it out with Interscope. Axl's not going to get a decent contract with any major label, and the indies aren't going to have what he'd ask for, not without the back catalog. Maybe GNR will bounce to another Universal subsidiary, which would mean the catalog would still be in house. I still think the best way is to start putting a song out at a time instead of putting a whole album out.

The whole reason why we have albums are because you had these books of 78s that were heavy and were able to fit all of that on one platter. Now it's all digital media and song length is as long as you want it to be, the ability to record and produce an album can be done by a grade schooler who picks up software fast and has a good set of ears. GNR's opening acts - case in point, Poc - if you're a friend of the band (new, old, or former bandmate), you have an audience to showcase your music to and hopefully a few music critics are at the show checking it out.

The members of GNR could be scrambling for gigs and having to give lessons right now. So what if they have to do WTTJ or SCOM, it has to stay fresh for them night after night. Those songs belong to the audience anyway. That's what they're paying for.

The real problem with this band is that Axl has no peers within it. You can't really take to much of a stand with your boss and still expect to be employed. Before, with the AFD line up, they were pretty much equals and had a say in recording, touring, etc. No it's all on Axl and he has proven time and time again that he can't make a decision in a timely manner. He probably couldn't back inthe day either but Slash, Duff or Izzy or some combination could force his hand a bit.