Poor Bumblefoot / Richard Fortus

bionic56

I have accepted Axl as he is , but this is not a band. Axl cannot fucntion in an enviroment that he cannot fully control. I do not believe romanticizing his control issues is cool either. Axl does thing his own , so fuck off! Whatever. His way has produced very little. That is an observation, not a complaint. The bands activity does not amount to shit without new music. There is no point in continuing this fucking charade. Axl has done so much damage to the name that even a full on reunion would not be enough to bring the name GNR back to relevancy in the U.S.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As mentioned previously, it is cool that at least they are active. I saw the band in 2011, and it was an awesome show. Also saw large chunks of three other shows on live streams and enjoyed the hell out of all three.

There is no need for doom and despair. People are just saying that if Axl did re-build and keep GNR going to be in any way relevant, let's hear some new songs or at the very least get an update about whether they is an actual plan in place behind the scenes, or not.

There are 2 camps. Us, the true fans that follow the band and would love to get a new album.

But there are also the people who know the well-known songs, and they are the majority. They don't like CD, and only want the old classic songs.

Maybe it's better to tour a lot and get alot of people (fan or not) attending the shows, before bringing a new album out. Then the majority can see that they still rock, and the new songs are worth listening.

Just my thoughts..

I feel really sorry for these truly gifted players, they deserve so much better than playing the same every night. Ant to top it off it's not even there own material. They play songs that was made by other artists that had the sense to dump Axl when they did. Yeah yeah all give me shit for bashing Axl, but hey if i was a talented writer / player i would not be hanging round such a selfish artist as Axl. I don't get you guys, you all stick up for Axl and tell him how great he is, he will never change and start to look forward. You obviously do not want new music and happy with seeing the same show night after night. it's not a criminal offence to tell your idol he is being stupid, try not being a sheep and following, have some balls and speak up. Thta is what in the first place made Axl more attractive, and now his fans kiss his ass when it's not deserved. Jeez i don't understand you real fans !!! that's a joke in itself . i was actually there at donnington in 1988, that makes me A REAL FAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you feel sorry for two talented musicians who are in Guns N' Roses by CHOICE and make TONS of money and play in front of HUGE crowds across the globe? They wouldn't be doing that on their own. Wasn't Bumblefoot playing with Jessica Simpson at some point? And Fortus with Britney Spears?

They can leave whenever they want to. And they'll likely sink back into obscurity.

Everybody wants new music. It's just that everybody isn't gonna harp on it all the time. You or me or anyone complaining about it incessantly isn't gonna make Axl record. Now, if everyone stopped showing up to the live shows ... perhaps.

Edited by GnR Chris

typical mygnr. Someone voices their frustrations, he's called a cupcake. lol. Give me a break. And that bs about him being "disrespectful"? Dude are you for real? :rofl-lol:

THEY"RE FUCKING ROCK STARS. We're obsessive fans. I reallllyyyy doubt we're gonna hurt their feelings by talking about the dynamics of the band. lol. Some of you guys are just so out there man.

As mentioned previously, it is cool that at least they are active. I saw the band in 2011, and it was an awesome show. Also saw large chunks of three other shows on live streams and enjoyed the hell out of all three.

There is no need for doom and despair. People are just saying that if Axl did re-build and keep GNR going to be in any way relevant, let's hear some new songs or at the very least get an update about whether they is an actual plan in place behind the scenes, or not.

There are 2 camps. Us, the true fans that follow the band and would love to get a new album.

But there are also the people who know the well-known songs, and they are the majority. They don't like CD, and only want the old classic songs.

Maybe it's better to tour a lot and get alot of people (fan or not) attending the shows, before bringing a new album out. Then the majority can see that they still rock, and the new songs are worth listening.

Just my thoughts..

This is true, but the way to win them over is to have a hit song. Get people at these shows as interested in hearing a couple of new songs as they are to hear the classics.

Chinese Democracy is over, it is done. They have to move on if they want to win these people over. It sucks, because I happen to think CD is a brilliant piece of work, but it has happened many, many times in rock history before, where bands release great, artistic albums that don't capture the public's attention, then release a weaker album with a couple of songs that get into regular radio rotation, and the album becomes a hit. CD was weighed down by unobtainable expectations, and it still sold millions of copies. I don't consider it a failure, but as a record release it has come and gone. And this happened three years ago.

typical mygnr. Someone voices their frustrations, he's called a cupcake. lol. Give me a break. And that bs about him being "disrespectful"? Dude are you for real? :rofl-lol:

THEY"RE FUCKING ROCK STARS. We're obsessive fans. I reallllyyyy doubt we're gonna hurt their feelings by talking about the dynamics of the band. lol. Some of you guys are just so out there man.

haha right i suppose on both points, can't argue with it

From a musicians perspective, if the music is great enough, playing the same songs every night is not necessarily boring. Great players find different subtle ways to improvise in music, much of which most people wouldn't notice. Does it not look like they are having fun? Tommy especially is so alive night after night no matter. Its a dream gig.

There are some idiots in every crowd, but many of us feel a lot of affection and loyalty for Axl and the guys. Which is why we want them to release music so badly, to garner respect and simply function as a real band with an identity of their own.

Did Axl Rose spend fifteen years rebuilding a band TWICE, just so he could release one album and tour the world playing AFD and UYI songs without having to deal with Slash?

I also feel affection and loyalty, but I also respect the choices that he/they make. If there's an album/new songs soon I'm happy, but if not, I'm not going to complain about it.

I'll just wait and see, like I do for 22 years now.

Exactly Rocketqueen. Through thick and thin. I enjoy your posts and that you stay positive through all the garbage that we see here on this forum. Great diehard fan!

This forum is going downhill....

It is remarkable how much complaining, trolling and down-right nasty attacks on GN'R that takes place here, especially in a time when we ought to be rather satisfied. It must be weird to be a GN'R member and see such a dysfunctional and ungrateful fan base. Oh well, there are always other fora to go to when this one is taken over by cupcakes and haters....

This forum is going downhill....

It is remarkable how much complaining, trolling and down-right nasty attacks on GN'R that takes place here, especially in a time when we ought to be rather satisfied. It must be weird to be a GN'R member and see such a dysfunctional and ungrateful fan base. Oh well, there are always other fora to go to when this one is taken over by cupcakes and haters....

I just can't believe people get off on trolling forums. Seriously, imagine what their real lives are like... :confused:

Man come on now!!!! Seriously you are allowed to critique and dare I say it EVEN criticise the band if you want!!!! I know shock horror huh!!! Its like following a sports team, I love some of the teams I follow but sometimes I will criticise some of the players/coaches or what have you. It doesn;t have to always be blind ass kissing just because you are a fan.

All I know is I doubt in the mid to late 90's Axls vision was that 13-14 years down the track he would be touring mostly playing UYI and AFD. No way, yet thats what we are getting.

Edited by EhEh

There are some idiots in every crowd, but many of us feel a lot of affection and loyalty for Axl and the guys. Which is why we want them to release music so badly, to garner respect and simply function as a real band with an identity of their own.

Did Axl Rose spend fifteen years rebuilding a band TWICE, just so he could release one album and tour the world playing AFD and UYI songs without having to deal with Slash?

I also feel affection and loyalty, but I also respect the choices that he/they make. If there's an album/new songs soon I'm happy, but if not, I'm not going to complain about it.

I'll just wait and see, like I do for 22 years now.

Exactly Rocketqueen. Through thick and thin. I enjoy your posts and that you stay positive through all the garbage that we see here on this forum. Great diehard fan!

Thanks, really appreciate it.

Having an opinion is good, but the comlaining goes too far. I'm on a Dutch forum (with other longtime fans) and besides some jokes now and then, we don't complain at all.

We just respect what they do. No matter what time it takes.

With all these negative comments, I almost start to feel depressed...

It'll not take that long before I f*cking hate Axl N' Guns!

They are not being presented in anegative way, though. Infact, if you read between the lines you will see the love behind some of these comments. Axl makes his personal world a negative place. Some people here who have observed this for decades are commenting on it.

I'm observing Guns for 22 years now, I'm not a new generation fan or whatever.

Everybody knows who he/she is dealing with. So I don't see the love by reading between the lines. I only see complaining and impatience expressed.

Why not being happy that they at least do something? Are we happier with the radio silence from the past?

The frustraion comes from the fact that Axl has wasted his talent, energy, and time. And his refusal to release new music is more than likely related to some petty grudge against the record company or some other entity. And, there is love there man. Have you never been in a relationship with someone where you find yourself saying things out of frustration because of how much you love them? I assume you have, so chill with just saying people are being negative or complaining.

And we all know Axl can take something petty and hold onto it forever. i.e. Slash. It really is frustrating how stubborn and childish he is.

Man come on now!!!! Seriously you are allowed to critique and dare I say it EVEN criticise the band if you want!!!! I know shock horror huh!!! Its like following a sports team, I love some of the teams I follow but sometimes I will criticise some of the players/coaches or what have you. It doesn;t have to always be blind ass kissing just because you are a fan.

All I know is I doubt in the mid to late 90's Axls vision was that 13-14 years down the track he would be touring mostly playing UYI and AFD. No way, yet thats what we are getting.

This is what I brought up in another thread. This board is hilarious in that aspect. It's like a mini fascist nation of PRO AXL!!! If you have anything negative to say you're not a real fan, and are wasting your time here. :rofl-lol:

It is remarkable that someone can look at a band they love releasing one album in 15 years despite spending years in the studio, and think there is nothing out of the ordinary going on.

Who would that be, exactly? I think everybody is fully aware and acknowledge that Guns N' Roses doesn't work as a normal band and have an abysmal productivity. Are you building strawmen again?

And get mad at people for talking about it, lol.

Can you give me an example of anyone here "getting mad" at anyone for "talking about [GN'R's lousy productivity]"? Or are you just creating strawmen to argue against?

Nice try, SoulMonster. You're talking to the wrong person about "straw man" arguments. There are people getting mad in threads because some of us want to hear some new songs, already. Don't get me wrong, I get annoyed myself at a lot of the bitching, especially about setlists and fucking Mickey Mouse. But talking about unreleased and new material is absolutely fair game here in 2012. It's been long enough.

Nice try, SoulMonster. You're talking to the wrong person about "straw man" arguments. There are people getting mad in threads because some of us want to hear some new songs, already. Don't get me wrong, I get annoyed myself at a lot of the bitching, especially about setlists and fucking Mickey Mouse. But talking about unreleased and new material is absolutely fair game here in 2012. It's been long enough.

Nice try? Are you saying you are NOT going to back up your statement about how "remarkable [it is] that someone can look at a band they love releasing one album in 15 years despite spending years in the studio, and think there is nothing out of the ordinary going on"? And are you not going to give me an example of anyone here "getting mad" at anyone for "talking about [GN'R's lousy productivity]"?

If not, the only conclusion I -- and everyone else -- can have, is that you ARE making strawmen.

And now you are coming with new statements that need some sort of clarification: that is it somehow not fair game to talk about "unreleased and new material" and that people are "getting mad because some of us want to hear new songs, already". I want to hear new songs, already, but no one is getting mad at me. So where do you get this from? Why are you playing this victimized card? Can you at least back up this extraordinary statements or are you training the forum to neglect everything you say?

Edited by SoulMonster

Nice try? Are you saying you are NOT going to back up your statement about how "remarkable [it is] that someone can look at a band they love releasing one album in 15 years despite spending years in the studio, and think there is nothing out of the ordinary going on"? And are you not going to give me an example of anyone here "getting mad" at anyone for "talking about [GN'R's lousy productivity]"?

If not, the only conclusion I -- and everyone else -- can have, is that you ARE making strawmen.

And now you are coming with new statements that need some sort of clarification: that is it somehow not fair game to talk about "unreleased and new material" and that people are "getting mad because some of us want to hear new songs, already". I want to hear new songs, already, but no one is getting mad at me. So where do you get this from? Why are you playing this victimized card? Can you at least back up this extraordinary statements or are you training the forum to neglect everything you say?

Wow, this is a completely absurd post. I was joking with a little hyperbole in that post SM, next time I will attach a little HTGTH insignia at the end of a joke for you, since you seem to have such a problem with any perceived slight of GNR. I thought the "lol" would do the trick. Yes, we all acknowledge that this is out of the ordinary. The difference is that some people want to talk about it, and some don't. If you don't want to discuss it, you are quite free to not discuss it. And yes there are people getting mad in this and other threads about these discussions, not at me personally, but in general. Do you really need me to compile them for you? I don't really care, because I am usually on the other side, and hate all the negativity myself, generally speaking.

The point that I am making is that we seem to be living through the CD years all over again. And I would like to think that certain people learned something during those years.

Edited by axlsalinger

Wow, this is a completely absurd post. I was joking with a little hyperbole in that post SM, next time I will attach a little HTGTH insignia at the end of a joke for you, since you seem to have such a problem with any perceived slight of GNR. I thought the "lol" would do the trick. Yes, we all acknowledge that this is out of the ordinary. The difference is that some people want to talk about it, and some don't. If you don't want to discuss it, you are quite free to not discuss it. And yes there are people getting mad in this and other threads about these discussions, not at me personally, but in general. Do you really need me to compile them for you? I don't really care, because I am usually on the other side, and hate all the negativity myself, generally speaking.

First you are saying that you were joking and then later in your posts you say you could compile of lists of people "getting mad" at anyone for "talking about [GN'R's lousy productivity]". Make up your mind, were you just joking about this or do you seriously mean that people are getting mad about such a trifling thing?

I don't deny that people are getting mad, at both sides. Some for feeling stood up when GN'R didn't play new songs or announce a new record, and others for having to endure the formers' incessant complaining about said fact. But people are not getting mad because other members want to talk about GN'R lousy productivity, as you claimed; the lack of productivity is an interesting feature of the history of GN'R that demands discussions and pondering, especially now that Tommy also have put a lot of blame on outside factors. Do you see the difference?

EDIT: And do you also see how absolutely anal retentive I can be in discussions? ;)

Edited by SoulMonster

First you are saying that you were joking and then later in your posts you say you could compile of lists of people "getting mad" at anyone for "talking about [GN'R's lousy productivity]". Make up your mind, were you just joking about this or do you seriously mean that people are getting mad about such a trifling thing?

I don't deny that people are getting mad, at both sides. Some for feeling stood up when GN'R didn't play new songs or announce a new record, and others for having to endure the formers' incessant complaining about said fact. But people are not getting mad because other members want to talk about GN'R lousy productivity, as you claimed; the lack of productivity is an interesting feature of the history of GN'R that demands discussions and pondering, especially now that Tommy also have put a lot of blame on outside factors. Do you see the difference?

I was joking, having a little fun with your post on the previous page. However, I did point out there are people getting mad because there are. Are you really suggesting that you haven't seen any of these posts? I guess you aren't, because you said the same thing in your next sentence, and yes I acknowledge it goes both ways. No, I don't really see much difference between people getting mad about having to endure others complaining about the lack of new songs, and people getting mad about others talking about GNR's lousy productivity, because ultimately they are referring to the same thing, in terms of GNR circa 2012.

Edit: yes.

Edited by axlsalinger

I was joking, having a little fun with your post on the previous page. However, I did point out there are people getting mad because there are. Are you really suggesting that you haven't seen any of these posts? I guess you aren't, because you said the same thing in your next sentence, and yes I acknowledge it goes both ways. No, I don't really see much difference between people getting mad about having to endure others complaining about the lack of new songs, and people getting mad about others talking about GNR's lousy productivity, because ultimately they are referring to the same thing, in terms of GNR circa 2012.

Edit: yes.

Yes, I am saying I have never seen anyone getting mad because people are TALKING about the lousy productivity, but because people are COMPLAINING about this incessantly all over the board.

Uhm, the question was: do you see the difference between

* claiming people are getting mad at anyone for talking about GN'R's lousy productivity

* claiming people are getting mad at anyone for complaining about GN'R's lousy productivity

If not, I give up.