Shut up about the setlist! Axl is singing for the majority of his fans

Kaneda

Then if he wants more than anything else to please the fans, why doesn't he reunite the old band ? That's what most people at the shows want anyway...

Bullshit who would settle for an inferior band lineup?

People who don't consider them to be an inferior lineup ie the general public :P

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then if he wants more than anything else to please the fans, why doesn't he reunite the old band ? That's what most people at the shows want anyway...

People who don't consider them to be an inferior lineup ie the general public :P

LOL @ the general public (if this is even true) :rofl-lol:

So you are saying that generally people DON'T want a reunion of the old lineup??

Not that I complain or whatever, but I really think it's time for some changes. They should add some new songs from their whole catalog (from AFD to CD). It's not that hard to understand. Why don't they play 'Dead Horse' instead of 'Mr. Brownstone' for example? Or 'Prostitute' instead of 'Street Of Dreams'? And then, you swap them out between shows. To me, that would be a "big change" for a band that has been touring the same thing 10 years and from a band that won't release new material in the near future. You're not complaining just because you're expecting for some 'new' things to happen, and if so, why should people shut up? They're free to express their opinion, what the fuck is wrong with this forum?

LOL @ the general public (if this is even true) :rofl-lol:

So you are saying that generally people DON'T want a reunion of the old lineup??

Nobody I know. Even my girlfriend that doesn't give a crap about GNR says they are miles ahead of the old lineups :shrugs:

People really have to get over the reunion bullshit, Duff and Izzy have. But we won't get into it here since we have a section for such discussions.

Nearly everyone I know who likes GNR wants a reunion, plus the majority of people I talk to on other music forums. But like you said, that is for another discussion so I will leave it at that the public opinion is for a reunion

you live in a bubble then.

So you saying that the majority of people want inferior musicians that don't have any motivation to play with each other get together again? They want this instead of the perfection we currently have?

Makes sense! :thumbsup:

No.

He's saying that most people don't care if Bumblefoot can play all GnR records backwards in tapping with his eyes folded.

They want Slash because he actually wrote the shit.

Just like people don't care if Malmsteen can play all Angus Young solos perfectly.

So you saying that the majority of people want inferior musicians that don't have any motivation to play with each other get together again? They want this instead of the perfection we currently have?

I love the current lineup, have seen NuGNR 5 times after this coming Sunday, and can't wait to hear them write music together. But in terms of most rock fans preferring a reunion...He's not wrong. They really do. :shrugs:

Doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't prefer the current lineup. But facts are facts.

So right.

Do people really think that the chemistry between the old members will be back when they reunite? I really don't think so!

It'll be the biggest stage play ever.

I love the current lineup, have seen NuGNR 5 times after this coming Sunday, and can't wait to hear them write music together. But in terms of most rock fans preferring a reunion...He's not wrong. They really do. :shrugs:

Doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't prefer the current lineup. But facts are facts.

Yes definately, I am not trying to say that everyone has to prefer one lineup or the other (that is the beauty of subjectivity) but the general public DOES want a reunion.

They are not "rock fans' they are internet idiots trying to stir shit. you must mean casual music fan? sure they also put Beiber and Gaga at the top of the charts...like i'm going to get influenced by that bullshit.

Personal bias doesn't make things a fact. You told me that the general public DOESN'T want a reunion. Maybe change that to "I don't want one" because the genral public does want one.

Edited by WhazUp

They are not "rock fans' they are internet idiots trying to stir shit. you must mean casual music fan? sure they also put Beiber and Gaga at the top of the charts...like i'm going to get influenced by that bullshit.

Personal bias doesn't make things a fact. You told me that the general public DOESN'T want a reunion. Maybe change that to "I don't want one" because the genral public does want one.

Yeah, the general public wants some guys on stage acting like they're having fun.

The general public wants the members of the classic era GNR to reunite, yes. Like I said just because you don't want one doesn't change that. I honestly can't belive anyone would dispute that but hey that's just me...

If it happens, I'm happy. If it not happens, I'm happy too.

I really don't care that much about a reunion. I always love the band, no matter what line-up.

But I've said it before in this thread. If you get a reunion, do you think that there would be any chemistry between them, like in the '80s /early '90s? The answer is no.

The guys have fun nowadays, you can say that this is a band. If they reunite, it would be nothing more than a puppet game.

The general public wants the members of the classic era GNR to reunite, yes. Like I said just because you don't want one doesn't change that. I honestly can't belive anyone would dispute that but hey that's just me...

LOL it's not that we don't want it THE BAND MEMBERS DON'T WANT IT

But you started going off about how the wrong we are for saying the general public is in favor of a reunion, which is what the argument was in the first place. Lol hence the "majority of his fans" within the title that was what sparked this

I don't want a reunion, always hated Slash! Hate is such a strong word, dislike is better. And as a person who became a "real fan" because of CD, well I guess I'm just happy they keep the songs alive every night... I'm not saying they should play all CD in one night, but they shouldn't take them out either. I'm not very expressive at concerts, but doesn't mean I'm not enjoying them...

You guys are unable to look at Guns through a mainstream lens at all. Yes, the world would want the original band to reunite. Would be the biggest blockbuster tour of the year. Not gonna happen. So move on. NO, most people attending Guns shows aren't clamoring for more Chinese D or new material. I agree, it sucks for the hardcore fan base to be frozen like this. Waiting for CD was ALMOST less painful because at least you knew new music was on the horizon. Now, this might be all we get. But show me one example of how constant bitching has ever led to anything good happening?

I agree, it sucks for the hardcore fan base to be frozen like this. Waiting for CD was ALMOST less painful because at least you knew new music was on the horizon. Now, this might be all we get. But show me one example of how constant bitching has ever led to anything good happening?

It's really an odd situation. During the Axl chats he seemed so completely psyched about putting the next album out and was openly talking about Soul Monster, mixing Atlas, and teasing The General. Then...BOOM...Absolutely nothing for almost four years regarding the next album. Barely a word from him, other than that they need to see where they stand with the label, whatever that means.

What. The. Fuck. :confused:

Edited by sofine11

Maybe if the band released Chinese Democracy 2 +3 the new band would play less old material which could lead to less reunion talk

I know it's a lot more complicated than simply dropping the other album(s), but I've always thought that the best way for Axl to move GNR forward is to keep releasing music. For whatever reason, since Chinese Democracy he's been completely unable (or unwilling) to do that. :shrugs: