Shut up about the setlist! Axl is singing for the majority of his fans

Kaneda

Nobody wanted Chinese D to become a success more than me and while I love the songs, very few of them get any reaction from a live crowd. For fucks sake, look around you when you're at a live show and Sorry is sung, or This I Love. Nobody knows them, nobody sings along. Sure a couple of us hardcore fans do, but for the most part, the place is silent and the energy leaves the room. At Roseland, the fucking song of the night was Civil War for sure. The crowd went ape shit. I'd rather see that live than hear TWAT and see only 10 fanboys out of 3000 singing along. Most people go see guns to hear the hits. The current set list has a good mix of everything now. Shit I remember when everyone was bitching that no illusion material was played. He added the big ones and still, more bitching about the lack of Chinese d material. That album was a gift to the hardcore fans, so fucking appreciate it. The live shows are gifts to the all fans, but have to tailored to the mainstream fan base or else nobody would go to the shows. If I were whispering in Fernando's ear, I would suggest doing one hardcore night for fans. Once a year. Message board lottery system invite, 20 songs, fans get to pick which ones. Even just one show for the fanatics would get them to shut up.

Finally, and I mean this with all do respect because I know what it means to be a guns fanatic. Some of you need to let go a little bit and find more important things to be upset about. Getting all riled up about a gnr setlist? Really? With all that's going on in this world, I would find a more productive place to lay your concerns. Just be happy Axl is alive and well, in good spirits, and up there at all. If he doesn't sing prostitute, don't cry. Go sleep with a prostitute and feel better, better. Keep the passion, but lose the bitching...

Kaneda

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People bitch about the Setlist because if he is just going to keep doing glorified greatest hits tours then he might as well call Slash/Izzy/Duff and do it right.

Some of us would like to see the band become more than a glorified touring cover band.

New material is needed to make that happen.

Agreed about stop bitching....,maybe there should be created a thread ...and just that one fuckin thread where people can complain about whatever...

It's ok to disagree or dislike things that the band does.... but please keep it in one thread...fight with other board memebers as much as you want...but please not in every thread.

People bitch about the Setlist because if he is just going to keep doing glorified greatest hits tours then he might as well call Slash/Izzy/Duff and do it right.

Some of us would like to see the band become more than a glorified touring cover band.

They first need to write new songs before they can be premièred live, and all recent signs indicate that the current band hasn't been in the studio together or collaborated to write new songs. I was disappointed myself when they didn't hit the studio as suggested by some of the band members in early 2012, but hopefully they will do it later this year. Let's hope they take this great momentum into the studios later on and that they jam of song ideas while touring. And if not, well, at least we have some great concerts to enjoy before it all ends.

Chinese D needed to take off for that to happen. While it did well, it just could never live up to the hype or deliver better music than the guns material of old. We all love it, but for most fans, the old material is all they ever want to hear. But wtf does the setlist have to do with what u want? If Axl sings The General live, what would that change? If he added more CD to the list, what would that change? What your really looking for is a sign that Axl hasn't given up on the project - reinventing guns - because all die hard message board fans wanted him to succeed in making an even better guns. Not gonna happen. We've landed on a happy compromise. While new guns won't take over the world, they will deliver one of the finest live rock shows money can buy. Without Slash, most fans could care less about new guns music. It's apparent now most fans loved them equally, and they just don't care for one without the other.

If I was in a band I would be happy that fans wanted new material.It shouldn't be looked at as a negative it's natural for fans of a band or artist to want more

Right, especially when you consider that Axl has a whole other albums worth of finished tracks that he could debut live literally at any time. Why should it surprise anyone that we're eager to hear them?

I want new songs as much as the next fan but it is interesting that when "Fans" were praising the band they were getting negative press. But not that the press is somewhat positive, the fans aren't happy. I think that once GNR are relent again then new songs will be released.

There's still a lot of interest to see GNR, but this "up close and personal" is partly about Axl's interest in Fashion Week. Why else do 3 shows around it?

There's a demand to see GNR, and the Rock Hall induction just drove that demand up. As far as the setlist goes, it's up to the band, and they talked about it. I do think they're interested in the different ways they can keep the band playing live, and I'm sure if someone wanted to have GNR play a private event, they'd probably be available to do it.

As far as new songs go, I just think it's a "pole in the water"right now. Prob. want to see if Geffen still wants them, but odds are record companies aren't going to touch them without the back catalog being a part of the package, only because of how ChiDem panned out. Labels have shelved tapes in the past when they didn't think it was going to sell. Better off self-releasing new songs instead of waiting and putting it all out on a label. They have enough of a fanbase to buy it directly from them. Kind of surprised they're not selling soundboards though.

Better off self-releasing new songs instead of waiting and putting it all out on a label.

As long as GNR owe the label at least one record (which they have to considering the label paid for multiple albums of recording during the CD sessions) they can't self-release their own album under the GNR name.

Nobody wanted Chinese D to become a success more than me and while I love the songs, very few of them get any reaction from a live crowd. For fucks sake, look around you when you're at a live show and Sorry is sung, or This I Love. Nobody knows them, nobody sings along. Sure a couple of us hardcore fans do, but for the most part, the place is silent and the energy leaves the room. At Roseland, the fucking song of the night was Civil War for sure. The crowd went ape shit. I'd rather see that live than hear TWAT and see only 10 fanboys out of 3000 singing along. Most people go see guns to hear the hits. The current set list has a good mix of everything now. Shit I remember when everyone was bitching that no illusion material was played. He added the big ones and still, more bitching about the lack of Chinese d material. That album was a gift to the hardcore fans, so fucking appreciate it. The live shows are gifts to the all fans, but have to tailored to the mainstream fan base or else nobody would go to the shows. If I were whispering in Fernando's ear, I would suggest doing one hardcore night for fans. Once a year. Message board lottery system invite, 20 songs, fans get to pick which ones. Even just one show for the fanatics would get them to shut up.

Finally, and I mean this with all do respect because I know what it means to be a guns fanatic. Some of you need to let go a little bit and find more important things to be upset about. Getting all riled up about a gnr setlist? Really? With all that's going on in this world, I would find a more productive place to lay your concerns. Just be happy Axl is alive and well, in good spirits, and up there at all. If he doesn't sing prostitute, don't cry. Go sleep with a prostitute and feel better, better. Keep the passion, but lose the bitching...

Kaneda

Yeah ?

Well...

Then if he wants more than anything else to please the fans, why doesn't he reunite the old band ? That's what most people at the shows want anyway...

Meanwhile, those who bought Chinese, supported this band, who were fans of the band members years before they joined the freak show can go fuck themselves because there is nothing interesting left to expect.

Guess what : the "majority of his fans" do not care about a new album if it doesn't have Slash on it.

Also : you know what would be a "gift to the fans" ? If he actually did everything he could to at least get back his 2010 voice.

Edited by The Glow Inc.

Then if he wants more than anything else to please the fans, why doesn't he reunite the old band ? That's what most people at the shows want anyway...

Bullshit who would settle for an inferior band lineup?

Because performed songs right is more important than writing significant songs ?

Also, I don't want to disappoint you but us Chinese fans are in the minority compared to AFD/UYI fans.

Kaneda

Yeah ?

Well...

Meanwhile, those who bought Chinese, supported this band, who were fans of the band members years before they joined the freak show can go fuck themselves because there is nothing interesting left to expect.

Guess what : the "majority of his fans" do not care about a new album if it doesn't have Slash on it.

Also : you know what would be a "gift to the fans" ? If he actually did everything he could to at least get back his 2010 voice.

As if he can push a '2010-voice' button...

Bullshit who would settle for an inferior band lineup?

Because performed songs right is more important than writing significant songs ?

Also, I don't want to disappoint you but us Chinese fans are in the minority compared to AFD/UYI fans.

Glad that I'm an overall fan... I guess that makes me part of the minority of the minority ;)

Kaneda

:thumbsup: I'm GN'R fanatic. But in a good way. And I don't like bitching about things I adore. rock3

Here's what Axl says about people who bitch about setlists:

Yeah what, like 6 years ago and he's still not playing new shit? It's not that people are upset at the setlists just to be upset, they want the band to progress and to show that it's not just the same thing over and over. Throw a new song in there and a lot of the complaints will stop.