I got an email from Richard Fortus...

Towelie

I sent Richard an email, asking if he'd ever consider doing some guitar tab for his Bond theme. Within 24hrs I had a reply (thanks Richard) and he said he may do it.

Perhaps if some more of us ask him, he might see the demand for it. Here's his email address: 4tus@richardfortusonline.com (I found it on his official website).

Anyone who's seen the shows will know how cool his 007 rendition is, wouldn't it be cool to rock out to it with the guitar tab?? rock1

Edited by Towelie

I sent Richard an email, asking if he'd ever consider doing some guitar tab for his Bond theme. Within 24hrs I had a reply (thanks Richard) and he said he may do it.

Perhaps if some more of us ask him, he might see the demand for it. Here's his email address: 4tus@richardfortusonline.com (I found it on his official website).

Anyone who's seen the shows will know how cool his 007 rendition is, wouldn't it be cool to rock out to it with the guitar tab?? rock1

Good to know, but you REALLY shouldn't post his email address out in the open like this...

You also shouldn't encourage people to mailbomb him.

That's the only thing I had a problem with.

The OP's intentions are good, but I'd probably get annoyed if 20 people suddenly e-mailed me all about the same thing which I don't have time for right now in the first place.

That's more what I was getting at. I know the address is on his site, but in order to go there and find it, you need a reason. These tours are hard work and time consuming. The last thing 4tus needs right now is for 1000 people to email him for a tab that he won't have time to do until at least a month from now.

That would be sick to get the tabs for it. I know there's certain parts that he just plays too fast for me (like the intro and outro he does in Osaka) but overall I know I could play almost all of it. I might email him, but if a few people do, he'll probably realize that a lot of us want it, and eventually when he gets time, might put it up on his site.

Oh, and everyone who's only responses were that it's not a good idea to give out him email address, or to tell a bunch of people to email him...all I can say to that is how old are we again? I can't speak for others on this board but I'm 25, and don't really need your advice...not trying to be a dick, but honestly, opinions like those are better kept to yourseld...it comes across as a little condescending. After all his email is, like the OP said, on his official website, so hardly "giving it out." And to the other people who said it's not a good idea to get a lot of people to mailbomb him...if that's how you feel, don't email him. :shrugs: We're all aware the Fortus would probably prefer not to get 1000 emails from his fans asking about these tabs. And whether this whole board emailed him or not, we're old enough to decide for ourselves. Just my two cents. I get annoyed at people giving out advice like that...again, don't wanna sound like a dick...

You assume that everyone who reads this site is a well-mannered and level-headed individual. We have all sorts of postless lurkers, that crazy bitch who claimed to have a history with Axl and whatever...again, to get the address from his website, you have to look for it. Throwing it around in a thread like this isn't the best idea necessarily. I think the bulk of the people who see it will, as you suggest, take it as intended. There will be exceptions, though, that's all.

That would be sick to get the tabs for it. I know there's certain parts that he just plays too fast for me (like the intro and outro he does in Osaka) but overall I know I could play almost all of it. I might email him, but if a few people do, he'll probably realize that a lot of us want it, and eventually when he gets time, might put it up on his site.

Oh, and everyone who's only responses were that it's not a good idea to give out him email address, or to tell a bunch of people to email him...all I can say to that is how old are we again? I can't speak for others on this board but I'm 25, and don't really need your advice...not trying to be a dick, but honestly, opinions like those are better kept to yourseld...it comes across as a little condescending. After all his email is, like the OP said, on his official website, so hardly "giving it out." And to the other people who said it's not a good idea to get a lot of people to mailbomb him...if that's how you feel, don't email him. :shrugs: We're all aware the Fortus would probably prefer not to get 1000 emails from his fans asking about these tabs. And whether this whole board emailed him or not, we're old enough to decide for ourselves. Just my two cents. I get annoyed at people giving out advice like that...again, don't wanna sound like a dick...

And maybe some members get annoyed that some people want a bunch of other members to e-mail someone about something small?

I mean, really dude? If we're "all aware" that he wouldn't want all of the e-mails, why would anyone else e-mail him in the first place? No one said "DON'T E-MAIL HIM." We just said it either wouldn't be a good idea, or more-so, would be kind of annoying on 4tus' end.

People who think it is a good idea to encourage others to mailbomb an artist who is probably on the verge already for getting a non-disclosed email address, are not necessary not old enough to decide for themselves, but obviously too clueless to decide for themselves. Age apparently has nothing to do with it.

You assume that everyone who reads this site is a well-mannered and level-headed individual. We have all sorts of postless lurkers, that crazy bitch who claimed to have a history with Axl and whatever...again, to get the address from his website, you have to look for it. Throwing it around in a thread like this isn't the best idea necessarily. I think the bulk of the people who see it will, as you suggest, take it as intended. There will be exceptions, though, that's all.

LOL Karen Mcneil? Or wait, was she on this site? the one who broke into Axl's house? :rofl-lol: Yeah, my post was not directed at people like that...we don't need any of those type's getting their email addresses, public or not.

And also, just wanna add, I'm not emailing him...but I just think it's condescending and unnecessary to advise these other guys on how they shouldn't, or how it's not smart to give the email address out. We're all mature enough to make our own decisions.

And also, just wanna add, I'm not emailing him...but I just think it's condescending and unnecessary to advise these other guys on how they shouldn't, or how it's not smart to give the email address out. We're all mature enough to make our own decisions.

Why do you think everybody here is is levelled enough not to abuse an email to band members in GN'R? That really puzzles me. Not everybody here is 25 and as mature as you ;).

And do you expand your view on never advising anyone about anything ever to the realm beyond Internet, as well?

Why do you think everybody here is is levelled enough not to abuse an email to band members in GN'R? That really puzzles me. Not everybody here is 25 and as mature as you ;).

And do you expand your view on never advising anyone about anything ever to the realm beyond Internet, as well?

For the most part...I mean, some situations require guidance from an experienced person. Like if I was an experienced drug user, and someone who's never even had a beer was about to shoot up a bunch of coke, I might step in and say that's probably not a great idea. But in more trivial things, like this, I like to leave it up to people to figure things out on their own. That's how it's always been for me. We all know right from wrong. I know not everyone is raised the same and different people have different values, etc. but we're all very similar. That's kind of what I meant with this email thing...I trust that most people on this board know better than to go "OH WOW! I got Fortus' email! I'm gonna email him every day now asking him about the next album, ask him 20 questions about what it's like to work with Axl, ask him if he 'crinkles or folds' his toilet paper when wiping his ass'.

Edited by DrBrownstone

For the most part...I mean, some situations require guidance from an experienced person. Like if I was an experienced drug user, and someone who's never even had a beer was about to shoot up a bunch of coke, I might step in and say that's probably not a great idea. But in more trivial things, like this, I like to leave it up to people to figure things out on their own. That's how it's always been for me.

And that's fair enough :). In this case, I am actually afraid there is a possibility many people will email Richard causing him to abandon that address and take a new secret one, making him a lot less accessible than what he has been to people. Hence, I think it is reasonable to advise people against mailbombing him. It is for the common good.

It'd be cool if he did something like Bumblefoot did with his "Player's Pack" of the Pink Panther. I'd love to jam with a killer backing track of the song.

Richard is great for e-mails, and he always responds quickly even in the middle of a tour! Great guy. Let's not harass him with requests though. ;)

There's nothing wrong with asking if he's written songs with some of the band members in the past few years, because it doesn't mean it's a "new GNR song". You could prob. ask if they've ever played certain songs in rehearsals, and odds are they've gone through the majority of them.

Posting the email is like posting their Twitter account. If it's on their website, it's there for a reason. There's private emails and private Facebook accounts that they'll use between each other and with family and friends. That's what they don't want people to use.

Thank God for this forum. The band is lucky to have such dedicated fans. Fans who tell us what we must like, what we must accept, what we must post about every show or action a band member does, how big of a fan we are.....and now they are telling people how often they can email to an email published by the musician.

Wow. The Nutters get crazier and crazier every day.