New DJ Interview

Nick85

Im against yet another tour and no album, I bash Ashba, Axl and whoever else do something that I dont agree and they dont ban or warn me. Im a normal poster...a fan. You are a hater, an asshole and you pretty much agree with it. I dont fkn care about your opinion on which band is better or worse, you simply suck so hard that we cant even take you seriously. You cant even accept different opinions and say that south americans live in a parallel world because we do care about the band and its members...thats how pathetic and worthless you are.

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/62359

The band, who are currently working on new material for the follow-up to 'Chinese Democracy', will play seven shows across the UK as part of a full European tour.

Unless Axl's finally releasing the rest of the CD era material, they are incorrect about the band "working on new material". Oh, unless you count the "writing" DJ's been telling fans he's been doing for the band since 2009. :rolleyes:

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I don’t think there’s anything surprising about the band completing the follow-up to CD while juggling a run of intimate shows. We know there’s been an intention to rehearse material from the upcoming album in Europe.

I don’t think there’s anything surprising about the band completing the follow-up to CD while juggling a run of intimate shows. We know there’s been an intention to rehearse material from the upcoming album in Europe.

I agree with you there. If we're talking about finishing up the rest of the unreleased tracks, then yes, I believe they have the ability to do this before the Euro tour begins in May, however unlikely. If we're talking about the album DJ seems to believe he's writing, and if it is Axl's wish to have those tracks on the next album we get, then I think we are still literally years away from hearing that, if it ever happens at all.

My expressed hope is that Axl simply finishes up the other unreleased "CD" tracks before Europe for a 2012 release, ideally Summer. Unfortunately, we have very little to point to that happening. :shrugs:

I agree with you there. If we're talking about finishing up the rest of the unreleased tracks, then yes, I believe they have the ability to do this before the Euro tour begins in May, however unlikely. If we're talking about the album DJ seems to believe he's writing, and if it is Axl's wish to have those tracks on the next album we get, then I think we are still literally years away from hearing that, if it ever happens at all.

My expressed hope is that Axl simply finishes up the other unreleased "CD" tracks before Europe for a 2012 release, ideally Summer. Unfortunately, we have very little to point to that happening. :shrugs:

The ideal thing for them should be to have the European tour after the release of a new album to promote it. What else would they be doing another full-blown European tour for? More money?

But, this is Guns N' Roses, so anything can happen.

i don't want new album i want the other 2 cd"s from the Chinese era if some parts are re recorded so be it

It would be great if they were to release a double album of unreleased material from the last decade, then start from scratch with a brand new music.

I really would love to here new music, either written by the current band or the Buckethead/Finck material.

It would be great if they were to release a double album of unreleased material from the last decade, then start from scratch with a brand new music.

I am afraid Axl will just get stuck in that quagmire of half-finished tracks again. Perhaps better to start over...

The ideal thing for them should be to have the European tour after the release of a new album to promote it. What else would they be doing another full-blown European tour for? More money?

But, this is Guns N' Roses, so anything can happen.

Yeah, it's not that I'm not glad the band is active, and the shows have been great. But I guess I was really hoping that 2012 would see the next album's release, and the band doing whatever tweaks and mastering to the remaining songs to make that happen, and maybe even record a song or two with the current lineup. As far as we know, that's not happening, at least not right now.

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/62359

The band, who are currently working on new material for the follow-up to 'Chinese Democracy', will play seven shows across the UK as part of a full European tour.

Intresting, but I am lead to belive this is not the case considering what DJ has said these past couple of weeks

Yeah, I think they're just going by the nonsense DJ has been spouting about how he's written and handed over 12 songs and whatnot. What DJ doesn't realize is that he could write 100 songs and hand them to Axl, but it doesn't matter one bit unless Axl, first likes them, then writes lyrics for them, books studio time, and records them. This will no doubt be followed by tweaking, mixing and mastering which could take God knows how long. And even then, going by the laundry list of finished tracks that Axl has yet to release from the CD era, fans hearing them any time soon after being "finished" isn't a given. That's the truth of the matter, and is even more of a reason for Axl to release those songs first while they inevitably spend years working on the entirely new ones.

Edited by sofine11

I'm sorry to have to lock a thread about an interview with relevant information on the current happenings of the band, but it needs to be done to get cleaned up. There's a lot of disgustingly rude comments in this topic. You think only certain moderators delete posts and topics? I'll come right out and say I'm being the "bad guy" for once :thumbsup:

EDIT: Topic reopened. Let's keep it civil this time.

Edited by Powerage5