New Ashba Interview!

bumblecool

BraveWords.com: Back to the songs you’ve demoed. How do you decide which ones go in the Guns N’ Roses pile and which ones go in the Sixx:A.M. pile? Or do you just think ‘I’ll play them for Nikki and Axl. Whoever wants them gets them.’

DJ: “No No. They are two completely different worlds. I have different lawyers, managers, blah blah blah for Sixx:A.M.. I have a whole separate team for Guns and I have another separate team for me personally. It’s a pretty massive army that surrounds me.”

BraveWords.com: But as an artist when you write a song...

DJ: “When I write a Sixx:A.M. song - I’m writing for Sixx:A.M.. When I write a NEIL DIAMOND song - I’m writing for Neil Diamond. When I’m writing for Guns - it’s strictly for Guns. When I’m writing a country song - it’ll be a country song. It’s very easy to separate in my mind.”

That settles some member's worries around here. :roll eyes:

Asshole.

You love it.

:rofl-lol: It's Birdie now. BirdCatcher is way too long.

Edited by It Don't Really Matter

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he plans like 1 new album every decade...who knows? :shrugs:

As long as he keeps touring "Greatest Hits" all over the world me and like +90% of GnR fans out there will be happy. As much as I love "new" GnR and Axl I'm perfectly aware that the best music was already written & done long ago (AFD, UYI), so no major loss here really. That's just the truth...and to some the truth hurts...

Edited by trqster

Sometimes DJ can seem so amazingly cool, like when he talks about having the same stylist as Rihanna. But then other times, he sounds embarrassingly lame... like when he says he'd like to see the old band reunite for the Hall of Fame.

Why does he sound lame when he says that? He's a big fan of the original line up. I think its quite cool he would want to see them reunite for the HOF.

I think the GNR dynamics with the sound of Sixx Am might work. They can still have some Bucket jams or some deep cuts from the CD era but a few Dj songs are going to make the album more competitive.

You always have the coolest ideas, Axl should hire you

Dj is going to be disappointed

This.

He said it himself : he didn't accept the gig just to be a guitarist...

Either he's already frustrated or he is about to be.

I think he's already a bit frustrated. I doubt he wanted that European Tour. It's a shame Axl doesn't see he's upsetting the fans, DJ and Ron by not getting into the studio.

Sometimes DJ can seem so amazingly cool, like when he talks about having the same stylist as Rihanna. But then other times, he sounds embarrassingly lame... like when he says he'd like to see the old band reunite for the Hall of Fame.

You mixed the two examples up...

He should just say "There is literally nothing going on in terms of a new album. No plans, no progress. I know absolutely nothing."

I know but I like getting my hopes up.

Why Birdie?

Is that what people on here are going to call me?

I started that :D

You pick your name, you live with the consequences, Birdo. Just ask Axl Pose.

I've been called Flayva Flav online before.

He should just say "There is literally nothing going on in terms of a new album. No plans, no progress. I know absolutely nothing."

Why Birdie?

I just like that he reminds us there will be a new album and he is pushing for it. I just wish the other guys would say they've also written new songs. It can't just be Ashba writing new music considering the other talent in the band.

Good point Birdie.

Why Birdie?

I started that :D

You pick your name, you live with the consequences, Birdo. Just ask Axl Pose.

I've been called Flayva Flav online before.

:rofl-lol: Wow

On here I've been called GNRSkid, Gunskid, Skid, Skidrow... I kinda hate my username. Made it seven years ago when I first joined.

:rofl-lol: Wow

On here I've been called GNRSkid, Gunskid, Skid, Skidrow... I kinda hate my username. Made it seven years ago when I first joined.

All of those better than GNRSkidmark, at least.