According to Twitter account 'Future Rock Legends',Del james stated that gnr will be at HOF but won't play

Guest Gunns

Wow, amazing, just as many sane posters on this board predicted, the statement was complete bullshit, and not confirmed, and pure hogwash. I am certain, the band will play a song or two, and then say that it came together at the last second (GN'R, from a marketing standpoint, has always been one of the best bands at maintaining their spontaneous, mysterious aura--with the biggest event of their career, why would they change now and start announcing a few months in advance their intentions). GN'R will maintain their credibility, and it will come off as a last second miracle, which will be the hottest Youtube performance of the year, and maybe the decade as far as Hard Rock is concerned. Like I mentioned, only the Pink Floyd charity reunion, and the one-off Zep reunion are on the same scale in rock music as this potential event. Interest is going to reach a fever pitch as the day approaches, and all GN'R parties will benefit from the speculation that will run rampant in the press. One day they won't be playing, the next hour the press will report they are playing. It will remain a secret, and a mystery until the 13th, or the night of the HOF show. Axl, as much as he is a purist, real, and street, knows that it will be career suicide for him, and the new band if he doesn't bury the hatchet for a few songs. Slash, and Duff also know that if they come across as the individual to wreck this historic moment for the fans, the backlash from a career standpoint will be suicidal. There is a plan, and a reason Duff has booked this show. Somehow, someway, I have a feeling Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff, Steven, Gilby, Dizzy, and Matt will all be there (Duff's House of Blues show)....probably along with members of the Chilli Peppers...it will be the historic, supposedly "spontaneous" reunion (rehearsal) for the real night. The only question now, really is, what two or three songs will they play? I think Duff is onto something with Nightrain and Brownstone--two songs Axl still sings well, and the whole band can punch out with vigor, and ease! Don't get fooled--they will play when all is said and done :thumbsup:

Edited by GNFR2003

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not going to dig up Axl's quote from the LA Times, or Slash, Dizzy, Matt, and Steven's quotes either. But, what is pretty clear is they all share the exact same sentiment that Duff articulated well in the Rolling Stone interview he did a few days ago. When the date gets closer, this spirit will grow stronger. With the attention the press is beginning to shower upon these guys, and the collective rock fans of the world begin to rabidly desire for magic to happen, it is going to go to a whole level of GN'R fever not seen since the nigh the Use Your Illusion albums were released. The guy's are going to all realize how important this is to the fans, and Steven, and I believe all of them truly are good guy's with good intentions. It is going to end up happening--in fact I am pretty certain that none of them are saying it, but they probably have communicated about some ideas of what they could do for a performance. Here is Duff's quote--and keep in mind, all of the guy's have articulated the same thing, especially Axl:

What I found out when we got nominated is that there's just a shit ton of fans around the world who are really psyched. In that case, it's more about them and the people that believed in us and bought our records and came and saw us. Imagine that? All those people believing in our band – a thing we created out of thin air. Duff McKagan Rolling Stone March 2012

Ratings have zilch to do with telling people now whether they will or won't perform. The broadcast is in May, long after induction night.

Why do I get the feeling some of the people predicting no performance are just pissed they couldn't get tix and are trying to convince themselves (and others) that they won't be missing out on anything special.

This would be an amazing time for Axl and the guys to unveil Soul Monster or Atlas Shrugged. That way, when the fans hear it and are amazed at how awesome the song(s) is/are, they'll forget all about the RNRHOF going on.

New Music + RNRHOF = Epic Publicity

Imagine how awesome and hilarious that would be for Axl to steal the show.

For the band to just show up would be cool..

It would just be a terrible idea for them to perform. That would destroy this new band and they would never get away from reunion rumors after that.

No way they perform and no reason too..would be cool to see though but, honestly if Slash and Axl hug I could get over the thought of a reunion quickly enough..

I've never taken saying "it's totally up in the air" more literally in my whole entire life. It can really go either way. I think saying "it will happen" or "it won't happen" like it's a sure thing is just so petty and stupid, and has more to do with personal biases than anything else. Is it likely? The odds aren't seemingly in that direction, but it still, to this day, boggles my mind why Axl hasn't just shot it down from his most recent and relevant interviews. He could have so easily, and instead just left the door open for whatever. I'm not getting my hopes up too high, but I'm not gonna let it die completely either. Whatever happens, happens, but the only thing I'm sure about at this moment is that I'm curious as fuck to see what's gonna go down on April 14th.

This would be an amazing time for Axl and the guys to unveil Soul Monster or Atlas Shrugged. That way, when the fans hear it and are amazed at how awesome the song(s) is/are, they'll forget all about the RNRHOF going on.

Lol yeah because the new songs(TIL, Sorry etc) all receive stand up ovations when they were first played live... I'm being sarcastic by the way.

That's crazy

tinfoilhat3.jpg

Why would 2 songs that have nothing to do with the members being honored be played?

Edited by Chris 55

Why would 2 songs that have nothing to do with the members being honored be played?

I think they're getting at some new songs being played in shows and the huge amount of attention provided by the Rock Hall shit together pushing new GN'R further into actual attention areas.

Meh.

Guest gunns5

Would you guys like to hear from the current gnr members on April 14, and have them say a few words ?

I think it would be great if they did

Would you guys like to hear from the current gnr members on April 14, and have them say a few words ?

I think it would be great if they did

No. In terms of the Hall of the Fame, they're no more relevant than Tracii Guns. I'd like to hear from the five (and possibly Sorum, I guess...).

Edited by DaneisKing1389

I think they're getting at some new songs being played in shows and the huge amount of attention provided by the Rock Hall shit together pushing new GN'R further into actual attention areas.

Meh.

Ah yeh that make sense. I gotta not post when groggy :)

Am I the only one here that remembers this quote?

"What's clear is that one of us will die before a reunion, and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is. Those decisions were made a long time ago and reiterated year after year by one man."

Who knows if he still has that grudge, and it's been a long ass time since Slash reiterated anything to do with GnR, esp. reunions.

I think most artists come to a point where they want to see if the chemistry is still there as performers, but it doesn't mean they have to be buddies in order to do it. There's a lot of guys who aren't friends that play in bands. Sometimes the friendship gets in the way.