According to Twitter account 'Future Rock Legends',Del james stated that gnr will be at HOF but won't play

Guest Gunns

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kerrang! have put in a lot of effort (this weeks magazine) with a double page spread - GN'R HOF Reunion. There's the usual cool images of Axl n'Slash during their hayday. Beyond the words there's little in the way of anwsers.

Funny enough, on the following page (the 2012 line up) GN'R have placed a full page ad promoting the up coming UK gigs. The ad shows large skulls, and the words GUNS N'ROSES written using another new font style. Not new, just new for GN'R.

axl knows that if he ever did a full reunion, even just for one night at an awards ceremony, whatever credibility the new band has established would instantly be lost. and considering they're at their strongest right now since, um, ever, in terms of critical and audience response to their shows, i'm not surprised at all that he wouldn't play a few songs.

having said that, if the new band had been properly presented and supported over the years rather than just appearing when it's time to tour, etc. - even if they'd done a single damn official photoshoot or anything - i don't think the situation would be as fragile. it's the fact that over the years the legacy of the original GN'R lineup only became stronger, while the new lineup never broke into the pop culture consciousness. the average joe just doesn't know who the current members are, regardless of how talented they are, and that's why axl reuniting with slash in particular would instantly demolish any further chances they have.

Other than positive press what exactely has the new band established? If you tell me that Axl will finally move foward and properly promote a band album then I may agree with you.

As of right now they are doing what they always do...tour.

Throw the world a bone and bang out a song or 2 with your old friends. Release a statement saying that you are exactely doing that and after the HOF there will continue to be no old gnr. Its not that big of a deal. You would think he would want to just jam with the old lineup. Life is short. No one is asking for a re union just asking for 1 night to celebrate the past. Not sure why this is life and death. Someone enlighten me

just asking for 1 night to celebrate the past

Take in a show on the current tour...they do it every time.

Right. It's only future GNR music that we're missing out on with the current lineup, thanks to one man of course. <_<

He won't release the rest of the CD era music, despite fans asking for it....Won't record with the current lineup, despite how excited they all are to do so....Won't pay tribute to the original lineup with no strings attached at the HOF.

Stellar.

Edited by sofine11

Guest gunns5

Right. It's only future GNR music that we're missing out on with the current lineup, thanks to one man of course. <_<

He won't release the rest of the CD era music, despite fans asking for it....Won't record with the current lineup, despite how excited they all are to do so....Won't pay tribute to the original lineup with no strings attached at the HOF.

Stellar.

Lets see what happens come April 14, but I still bet Axl and the others just accept the award and thats it.

and It intrigues me how quickly Paul Shaffers comment was 'rectified' (the guy was responding to another user, he didn't HAVE to post anything)

so I suppose there is still some slight hope there for the fans of the old..

Edited by gunns5

axl knows that if he ever did a full reunion, even just for one night at an awards ceremony, whatever credibility the new band has established would instantly be lost. and considering they're at their strongest right now since, um, ever, in terms of critical and audience response to their shows, i'm not surprised at all that he wouldn't play a few songs.

having said that, if the new band had been properly presented and supported over the years rather than just appearing when it's time to tour, etc. - even if they'd done a single damn official photoshoot or anything - i don't think the situation would be as fragile. it's the fact that over the years the legacy of the original GN'R lineup only became stronger, while the new lineup never broke into the pop culture consciousness. the average joe just doesn't know who the current members are, regardless of how talented they are, and that's why axl reuniting with slash in particular would instantly demolish any further chances they have.

Other than positive press what exactely has the new band established? If you tell me that Axl will finally move foward and properly promote a band album then I may agree with you.

As of right now they are doing what they always do...tour.

Throw the world a bone and bang out a song or 2 with your old friends. Release a statement saying that you are exactely doing that and after the HOF there will continue to be no old gnr. Its not that big of a deal. You would think he would want to just jam with the old lineup. Life is short. No one is asking for a re union just asking for 1 night to celebrate the past. Not sure why this is life and death. Someone enlighten me

This!

Guest gunns5
Do you hope the band is going to reunite and play?

I think it would be killer. Do I hope to? That's a tricky question. It would be awesome. You have those day dreams like, "We'll go up and play 'Nightrain' and 'Brownstone' and throw down the microphone and drop off! That'll be killer!' But I doubt that'll happen.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/guns-n-roses-bassist-duff-mckagan-on-the-hall-of-fame-ill-be-there-with-bells-on-20120309#ixzz1of7JJlgu

Guest gunns5

There has been no communication between the original members, so no one really knows what's going to happen. Duff said he doubts that it will happen but in reality, I believe its all up Axl whether they play or not.

I really hope Izzy shows up. It would be a shame if he didn't.

Axl has the weight of the world on his shoulders, maybe his shoulders aren't big enough to carry it?

Atlas Shrugged

Guest gunns5

Axl has the weight of the world on his shoulders, maybe his shoulders aren't big enough to carry it?

Atlas Shrugged

gay

arent you the gay that posted about your love of cfnm :rofl-lol:

I just saw them at the Ritz and in AC. Ive seen them 9x since 2002. Dont tell me to take in a show.

And you are making my point. If Axl moved foward with a new lineup then I would sort of understand not him wanting to take away from the new lineup. Until they release an album and really push a new image and sound he really hasnt done anything that would take away form the new lineup.

He plays the old songs with a new lineup for a decade. Why not play 1 or 2 songs with the old lineup to celebrate what has been accomplished. No one is asking hinm to re unite with the old lineup and record and tour.

My gut still tells me they will play. I just dont think anyone has taken the initiative to throw around the idea. And if the idea has been thrown around it would be nice to know who shot it down and why. Have some balls if you feel so strongly about not playing for 20 min. Its not like Slash nailed Axls wife or something. Im not the biggest Slash fan and he certainly has lied and said some stupid stuff along the way. Words are words. Axl has clearly taken the high road over the yrs but but you know what who cares man. Life is short play a song or 2, get even more good press and carry on with the tour etc. This is not that complicated.

Edited by youngunner

My personal opinion: I think the story that the info posted on Paul Shaffer's Twitter was false is a total load of bullshit. The HOF knows that if people know GNR isn't performing at the show they'll lose viewers and people's interest in the ceremony. I really hope I'm wrong and there's a slim chance they'll perform, but I just don't see it happening, unfortunately.

Am I the only one here that remembers this quote?

"What's clear is that one of us will die before a reunion, and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is. Those decisions were made a long time ago and reiterated year after year by one man."

"What's clear is that one of us will die before a reunion, and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is. Those decisions were made a long time ago and reiterated year after year by one man."

I also remember Don Henley saying the Eagles would reunite "if hell froze over" and later on they released a album titled "When Hell Freezes Over". One can only hope!

I also remember Don Henley saying the Eagles would reunite "if hell froze over" and later on they released a album titled "When Hell Freezes Over". One can only hope!

I also remember Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley saying they would never ever play with Ace and Peter again.

I just saw them at the Ritz and in AC. Ive seen them 9x since 2002. Dont tell me to take in a show.

I wasn't being literal about it...just stating the obvious I guess.

Wasn't disagreeing with you.

Whether Up Close And Personal in a club or in some muddy fucking field in the boondocks of the UK at a festival...for the most part,a GnR gig is a celebration of the bands' past isn't it.

However anyone wants to slice it....

I'm not going to deny,a few songs from the original guys in April would be fucking amazing...beyond that,I'm looking forward to seeing Slash in Orlando in May (and in Toronto in two weeks). B)