Slash: "I'd love to have the original band play."

GnR Chris

Well tough shit Slash you left the band centuries ago and it's moved on to another beastly form, there's no time for a performance, there's only precious time for the CD trilogy.

This.

No one forced the whiney bitch to leave the band.

Wow...you serious? None of your posts will be taken seriously after that comment.

You were taking my posts seriously before???

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do people realize how stupid they sound here when they paraphrase a lyrics from Chinese Democracy to try to prove a point?

I don't think they realize how few people actually recognize it as a lyric from Chinese Democracy because really, how many people on here know those lyrics?

I've just seen too many people in reference to Axl performing at the hall spout bs such as this: To hell with the pressure, he's not caving in. Slash sold his soul but Axl won't let him win. You thought they'd make him behave and submit. blah blah blah

Like, really, people? Is that what it's amounted to?

I've just seen too many people in reference to Axl performing at the hall spout bs such as this: To hell with the pressure, he's not caving in. Slash sold his soul but Axl won't let him win. You thought they'd make him behave and submit. blah blah blah

To some, yeah, it actually has

nobody likes those guys though

Whatever happens, it will an eventful night, one way or another.

And I don't think Axl will even show.

But it will be cool to see slash and duff jamming with all the other legends.

Adler's acceptance speech will be SCANDALOUS, I predict.

There are so many possible senarios.

Can't wait.

I think Adler will just get emotional and happy about it. I don't see him taking potshots. He'll thank Dr Drew and his mom, say kind words about everyone in the band, prob. try to make a joke, but don't expect much more than that.

axl is in a no win situation. he's going to be the bad guy either way. if he gets up and plays, the fans cry even more for a reunion and further disregard the new band. if he doesn't play, it's obviously his fault and he'll be thrown under the bus for it. his best move is to not show up at all, focus on the new band and get new music out asap.

Do you say the same thing when people seemed so certain a reunion performance is going to take place? People believe what they want to believe, but if I may ask: what is the song "Sorry" about then? (just curious, I know it has multiple meanings, but to me it seems in direct reference to putting the old band back together, dunno)

Edited by Popcorn's Timbre

How has Slash sold his soul?

axl is in a no win situation. he's going to be the bad guy either way. if he gets up and plays, the fans cry even more for a reunion and further disregard the new band. if he doesn't play, it's obviously his fault and he'll be thrown under the bus for it. his best move is to not show up at all, focus on the new band and get new music out asap.

The fans(at least the u.s. fans) have been disregarding the new band since they started anyway.

Seriously some of you need to get a life. I like the new band but come on people, it's just not the same. There is no hurting the new band- they are a good group of musicians but will never be relevant in today's music scene. I just don't understand how anyone who is a real GNR fan (maybe you have to have been alive when they were a real band) can think that it wouldn't be incredibly cool for them to play a few songs together. The whole Axl vs. Slash thing on this board is pretty tired.

Seriously some of you need to get a life. I like the new band but come on people, it's just not the same. There is no hurting the new band- they are a good group of musicians but will never be relevant in today's music scene. I just don't understand how anyone who is a real GNR fan (maybe you have to have been alive when they were a real band) can think that it wouldn't be incredibly cool for them to play a few songs together. The whole Axl vs. Slash thing on this board is pretty tired.

They seem to forget that the only reason the new lineup exists is to fill the empty shoes the original band left. If there's any chance at the original getting back together, I think it's natural for most true fans to get more excited about that than another Chinese Democracy tour from the new lineup, if that's something to be persecuted for then god damn, I guess we're criminals!!

This !!

REUNION PLEASE! i would love to see Axl,Slash,Duff,Izzy and Adler/Sorum filling stadiums again,i love the new lineup,and Chinese democracy is a good record,but....... the original lineup is pure magic.Ive been at 2 shows 2006,2010,and were awesome shows,very good indeed.But i think now is the time.

The new lineup has show after a 4 tours ( or more) that they no have more progression and seem that the world doesnt care (apart of the legions of fans ).

If you speak to somebody out of GNR right now that GNR are playing in the town its like "ah? are they still playing?.The original lineup had a full media cover.This new lineup dont have anything different to show.

This new lineup dont have anything different to show.

And a nostalgia tour have? :rofl-lol:

:lol: :lol:

it wouldn't be a nostalgia tour, it would be guns n'fuckin' roses coming back to the top!!

when the rolling stones do a tour it's not a nostalgia tour, it's just the rolling stones touring

same with guns n' roses :)

nostalgia tour is having a cover band playing songs they didn't write :lol:

it wouldn't be a nostalgia tour, it would be guns n'fuckin' roses coming back to the top!!

when the rolling stones do a tour it's not a nostalgia tour, it's just the rolling stones touring

several members of the band writed the songs they are playing inclusive old songs.

Guest RonMexico82

About 5% of the audience go to hear Chinese Democracy. The rest want hits and there isn't a single one on Chinese Democracy. If the current line-up were to truly stand on their own two feet then they couldn't even tour right now as this line-up is covering robin&buckethead era GNR. All they could truly call their own is for frank to play a few fills, ron to do an elephant noise intermingled with bleepidy bloopidy bits while DJ runs around throwing ashba schwag coupons at the audience. Nobody would notice Pittman apart from maybe when he falls over his wobbly keyboard. The rest of audience would probably be talking about how much that one dude with the big hooter looks like Izzy and the rest would be wondering why Axl has turned into Keith Lemon.

Remind me to hysterically laugh in your face after the HOF induction.

I will never understand why people often forget abou Dizzy, Tommy, Chris and Axl when talking about lineups and writing credits.

I was thinking the same! people only think of robin/bucket but the other guys has a lot of credit on chinese