• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it is only after listening to samples but my first impressions are :

Apocalytpic Love - sounds quite great

One Last Thrill - is generic and boring

Standing in The Sun - sounds like Bon Jovi B-side

No More Heroes - sounds a little like Alter bridge but that gameboy sounds down in the mix during verse are awful and stupid. Boring chorus

Halo - has potential

We Will Roam - generic modern rock , boring without hooks

Anastasia - sounds awesome , easily the best songs judging by samples but chorus could be better, verses are awesome

Not For Me - cool vibe , has potential

Bad Rain - boring and generic

Hard and Fast - average, but it is fun tune, some great energy and cool solo

Far and Away - make me puke

Shots Fired - great riffs and solid singing, has potential

Carolina - sounds interesting, Myles is cool on that track

Crazy Life - sounds like something from 80s Glam band but I like it.

In nutshell those samples sounds much better than those 30s ones. But I got similar impression how those songs are sucked off energy. I think there would be 2-3 really great,amazing song in ocean of medicore generic shit. Also I think that in many times music is freaking awesome but ruined by lyrics/vocals melodies/choruses and it is strange beacuse that music deserved something better from singer but it is totally uninspired.

Okay I haven't listened to everything yet but the slow songs work great with Myles but the fast ones are just meh :shrugs: ....It actually hurts to say this but this could very well be the first slash record I will not be buying :question:

Edited by grouse

The whole album sounds phenomenal but I fell completely inlove with Carolina and Anastasia.

This.

The whole album sounds phenomenal but I felt completely inlove with Carolina and Anastasia.

Carolina was the big surprise as I don't recall that sample on Amazon. Definitely kicks ass!

I believe Caroloina is a bonus track.

The whole album sounds phenomenal but I fell completely inlove with Carolina and Anastasia.

This.

The whole album sounds phenomenal but I felt completely inlove with Carolina and Anastasia.

Carolina was the big surprise as I don't recall that sample on Amazon. Definitely kicks ass!

I believe Caroloina is a bonus track.

Wow, man, cross checking with Amazon, you're right--both Carolina and Crazy Life must be bonus tracks. Easily 2 of my very fav samples. WTF?!! :o

Wish there was time for Myles to redo the chrorus' on Halo and No More Heroes. Gotta say those are HUGE letdowns on otherwise really cool songs....

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Wow, man, cross checking with Amazon, you're right--both Carolina and Crazy Life must be bonius tracks. Easily 2 of my very fav samples. WTF?!! :o

Wish there was time for Myles to redo the chrorus' on Halo and No More Heroes. Gotta say those are HUGE letdowns....

Yeah, the chorus to No More Heroes was definitely a huge let down, since I had high hopes for it. I'm sure everyone did thinks the same.

Anastia is amazing. Wish Adler was drumming! That's the problem when I listen to old gnr play in their nnew bands. I can imagine what Steven on drums, Axl on vocals and Slash on guitar on this album wud sound like and it wud be one of the best records in a long time. God listening to Slash and then listening to Steven on his newest track "the one I used to hate" really shows ya that they belong together to bring the music to that next level. When I listen to Slash he's great and everything else is nothing special. Same with Steven's new band and Axls. Steven's drums are amazing but the other guys are average compared to him. They all play with good and capable musicians but there's nothing special about them like what Steve, Axl and Slash have. I know it's been said million times before but the old gnr belong together and it's so frustrating that all those great records will never be made. These guys belong together. It's so sad! Rant over carry on!

I just canceled my preorder on Amazon US until I find out where I can get the CD with the 2 bonus tracks. The album kick fuckin' ass, some tracks are meh but overall, great disc. Can't wait.

Yeah moreblack's right...the two bonus songs come with the Classic Rock mag version of the cd.

There's a preorder thread on here.

"Not For Me" sounds like it is going to be pretty awesome in my opinion. Love the vibe of it.

Kind of bummed though there only really appears to be 1 ballad on the album, as I think those are where both Myles and Slash excel. Far and Away seems like it is going to be a pretty awesome song.

Myles sounds really good I think as well. So many people get wrapped up in the GNR covers that it clouds their opinion of him, and he can really fuckin sing.

Not every song is my cup of tea, but this sounds like a more focused/coherent album than we have gotten from Slash in a while. There are none of his solos in the previews, but alot of good melodies and I think Myle's voice really lends itself to what Slash does well.

I hope they can keep this going as far as balancing it with Myles time in AB because there is alot of potential here with this group.

Myles Kennedy is a great singer and he has tonal qualities.. BUT for some reason it doesn't really work on all songs.

I really loved Back From Cali and Starlight.. which gave me high hopes for this album. But listening to these samples, I'm actually skipping through songs :shrugs:

The slower songs sound great so far though.

And the talkbox solo on Carolina :shades:

I hate to say this.. but this music would really suit Axl better than Myles.

Edited by Lethalis

Exactly , I love the music , majority of tracks are amazing as far instrumental part is concerned but vocals are usually terrible, lazy, uninspired. Especially choruses , and that a big suprise for me beacuse love it or hate AB is all about big choruses and great vocals melodies and hooks and this is badly lacking from that samples.