Axl is not to blame

Kaneda

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me first say that it sucks as a GNR fan to hear so many fans telling Axl to fuck off. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it. Everyone is entitled to their feelings about this just the way Axl is entitled to his. The big problem here is the lack of professional support surrounding Axl. Don't get me wrong, Axl Rose is a highly intelligent, articulate and well-spoken individual. But when it comes to making good professional decisions, he almost needs someone to save him from himself. While I respect the transparency of his letter, with it coming clearly from the heart, you can tell he's undecided about his decision. Almost like he's arrived at his decision reluctantly. But that's where his publicist and management need to step in and say, "hey, maybe this isn't the best way to go about it." Clearly they weren't expecting the level of backlash that will now follow. Forget the die hard fans cursing him out, the mainstream media is going to have a field day with this. And here's what that now means for Axl and the new band he is protecting:

1. It means all of the momentum they just created is gone

2. It means people will have even less respect and support for the new band

3. It means people will continue to blame Axl for taking away the band they loved

4. It means the new band members will be dragged through the mud unnecessarily

5. It means nobody will care anymore

Sucks. A poor decision.

But what I don't get is this...Axl seemed to be in good spirits lately. He was saying nice things about Slash. Where is all of this anger coming from? Somebody close to him is pushing his buttons. Somebody close to him is leading him to the point of no return. I don't know exactly who it is. I don't want to speculate. But the brand Guns N Roses has lost a lot of value today in the eyes of consumers. I'm not sure how much longer they can continue to disappoint and expect people to keep coming back for more. A sad day for all of us.

Great post. I thought he seemed to be in great spirits lately, that maybe he has let some anger go. But as he just said, "nothing's changed."

Saturday would have been one night, and he didnt even have to play.

And looking at the media today, he is getting ripped apart. Sad, sad day indeed

Another nail in the coffin. Until someone squares up to him or until he breaks down completely it's all fucked.

What is fucked? Guns N' Roses is doing great.

iraqiminister.jpg

"I do not know what you people are talking about. Everything is going exactly according to plan!"

Another nail in the coffin. Until someone squares up to him or until he breaks down completely it's all fucked.

iraqiminister.jpg

"I do not know what you people are talking about. Everything is going exactly according to plan!"

George-W-Bush-Funny-Pics-1.jpg

'Iraq has weapons of mass destruction.'

To the majority of fans in Europe we don't know what all the fuss is about. A lot of people haven't heard of the HOF so it wont change their view of Axl or the band. Axl had a backlash after RIR and he survived that. Me personally I think it was a hard decision for Axl to make but the right one and I am counting the weeks until the European tour starts.

Let me first say that it sucks as a GNR fan to hear so many fans telling Axl to fuck off. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it. Everyone is entitled to their feelings about this just the way Axl is entitled to his. The big problem here is the lack of professional support surrounding Axl. Don't get me wrong, Axl Rose is a highly intelligent, articulate and well-spoken individual. But when it comes to making good professional decisions, he almost needs someone to save him from himself. While I respect the transparency of his letter, with it coming clearly from the heart, you can tell he's undecided about his decision. Almost like he's arrived at his decision reluctantly. But that's where his publicist and management need to step in and say, "hey, maybe this isn't the best way to go about it." Clearly they weren't expecting the level of backlash that will now follow. Forget the die hard fans cursing him out, the mainstream media is going to have a field day with this. And here's what that now means for Axl and the new band he is protecting:

1. It means all of the momentum they just created is gone

2. It means people will have even less respect and support for the new band

3. It means people will continue to blame Axl for taking away the band they loved

4. It means the new band members will be dragged through the mud unnecessarily

5. It means nobody will care anymore

Sucks. A poor decision.

But what I don't get is this...Axl seemed to be in good spirits lately. He was saying nice things about Slash. Where is all of this anger coming from? Somebody close to him is pushing his buttons. Somebody close to him is leading him to the point of no return. I don't know exactly who it is. I don't want to speculate. But the brand Guns N Roses has lost a lot of value today in the eyes of consumers. I'm not sure how much longer they can continue to disappoint and expect people to keep coming back for more. A sad day for all of us.

He seemed to want to time the announcement as close as possible in order to make sure he was or wasn't going, and didn't want to rain on anyone's parade in the middle of touring. I mean, can you imagine one night he's on stage and then goes "sorry guys, I'm not going"? Would have sucked. If he had said it last fall, it would have put a damper on the tour.

At this point, if Axl and Slash can take the high road in the press and keep the animosity to themselves, they don't feed the media a bunch of things that will get blown out of proportion. I feel Slash said what he needed to say about Axl in the book, and outside of a comment here and there, really has nothing more to say about him. Duff said his piece, and he can comment about the current lineup, and appreciate the gigs for Loaded.

It is really now down to whether or not Axl feels like talking to Slash, and the Rock Hall wasn't the place to do it. And I'm sure he feels slighted that the current lineup he busted his ass on putting together wasn't acknowledged at all.

They were expecting a backlash, it's a high profile event that is discussed in mainstream media. It couldn't be avoided, but at least he didn't do it the day of the induction, and he didn't do it when the announcement for the induction was made.

I actually think he's relieved to put it out there and put the whole thing behind him. I'm sure he's going to have a great weekend and prob. even check on Twitter some of the pics & tweets from the ceremony.

What I think would be funny is if he sent Slash a tweet the night of the induction.

What I think would be funny is if he sent Slash a tweet the night of the induction.

Axl Rose ‏ @AxlRose

@Slash Hope you're enjoying the formal n' tell Stevie I still love him!! #DontYouCryTonight

Edited by Flayer

No, seriously, what is fucked? I am here because I am a fan of Guns N' Roses and I have a hard time realizing how Axl not wanting to be inducted in any way threatens the enjoyment I get from GN'R music and live shows. It has little to no bearings on the current lineup and GN'R's plans for the future. Why are people, who wasn't fantasizing about a reunion, so riled up about this?