RNR HALL OF FAME LIVE COVERAGE

JimBobJoeJackJr

so wheres the video ?

http://www.cleveland.com/rockhall/

It'll be there starting at 5. They have the Duff and GnR last night story up.

http://www.cleveland...s_with_for.html

Sorry, do you mean the event starts at 5pm Cleveland time? That sounds early, or is there more to it than just the inductions?

Don't be sorry, it's ok! That was in the top link by OP. They are not clear on timezone, so yeah probably.

Get live streaming video of the red carpet at Public Hall starting at 5 p.m. Then, join us for our pre-show at 7:30 p.m. with The Plain Dealer's Michael Norman and cleveland.com's Denise Polverine as we set the stage for the night and get to know the Rock Hall's Class of 2012. Watch exclusive live streaming video from backstage as the inductees meet the press in the media room, starting around 8:30 p.m.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it was Knocking On Heaven's Door, cuz Duff truly was. Patience was cool too.

Picked up a signed poster of the event as a cool momento, not too bad at $15.

Big roar from the crowd when he told a fan early on to STFU or he'd kick his ass. "Fuck. A sheetcake." LMAO!

Back in the day, one time the only way he knew he had performed in another country was the stamp on his passport. Talk about fucked up.

He did take a swipe at the Axman with one comment, saying with two young daughters he doesn't need to be bothered with anymore drama. It's not about who isn't showing up, it's about the music ... and he's spot on.

great time, im headed to The Ritz for breakfast shortly, they should be staying there, i hope i can meet one of them

so wheres the video ?

http://www.cleveland.com/rockhall/

It'll be there starting at 5. They have the Duff and GnR last night story up.

http://www.cleveland...s_with_for.html

Sorry, do you mean the event starts at 5pm Cleveland time? That sounds early, or is there more to it than just the inductions?

Don't be sorry, it's ok! That was in the top link by OP. They are not clear on timezone, so yeah probably.

Get live streaming video of the red carpet at Public Hall starting at 5 p.m. Then, join us for our pre-show at 7:30 p.m. with The Plain Dealer's Michael Norman and cleveland.com's Denise Polverine as we set the stage for the night and get to know the Rock Hall's Class of 2012. Watch exclusive live streaming video from backstage as the inductees meet the press in the media room, starting around 8:30 p.m.

Ah thank you. It is midnight so I'm googling the time to see if I can watch it live.

Thanks for the link too, much appreciated :thumbsup:

For me it was Knocking On Heaven's Door, cuz Duff truly was. Patience was cool too.

Picked up a signed poster of the event as a cool momento, not too bad at $15.

Big roar from the crowd when he told a fan early on to STFU or he'd kick his ass. "Fuck. A sheetcake." LMAO!

Back in the day, one time the only way he knew he had performed in another country was the stamp on his passport. Talk about fucked up.

He did take a swipe at the Axman with one comment, saying with two young daughters he doesn't need to be bothered with anymore drama. It's not about who isn't showing up, it's about the music ... and he's spot on.

Absolutely.

Nice to see Duff handling this with maturity and class...as usual.

It don't start to 5pm and its only 14:50 at the moment. 2hrs and 10 minutes to go. I bet Guns N'Roses get inducted way later than 5pm. They'll probably be the last to appear. They could end up wasted on boozed by then. It's going to be fun either way :thumbsup:

Wow, last night was great. The show was amazing and the crowd was great. When the show ended we snuck into the meet and greet line but since we did not have the big sticker everyone had to where, we were quickly bounced. Instead of exiting we headed to the balcony that hadn't cleared yet. We noticed a group in a private box that were not moving. We headed there and introduced ourselves as part of the ownership group of The Beachland Ballroom (another venue in the city) which we are not and they were happy to let us hang with them. Before long the group was told we had to leave, but just from that room. We headed to the Foundation Room which is not the backstage bar but more like the high roller-private member bar where drinks continued to flow. Met and hung out with Chad Zumach (local radio personality), Jim Florentine (That Metal Show) and comedian Bobby Slayton. Had a very cool discussion about Axl with Florentine. Around 1:45 we ushered to the doors. Took the elevator down with Florentine and Chad hoping the party was moving elsewhereN but they had been partying and doing comedy shows around town for a few days and were calling it a night.

We then headed to the rear entrance where fans were assembled to hopefully meet people as they exited. You could hear music jamming inside so there was definitely some practicing happening. I made it back into the venue in a staircase but couldn't find an unlocked door. Heard them play It's So Easy. Headed back out to wait with the other fans and eventually people started coming out. Security kept us separated and no autographs or pictures were had.

I could see the cars were headed to the Ritz so I headed there on foot. When I got there I just acted like I was staying there and hit the elevator button to go up. Obviously I picked the top floor. Alas there were no crazy parties or any noise for that matter. This began a series of random up and downs on elevators an staircases until I found myself in a back corridor where the kitchens were. As I turned a corner I was passed by a security person, a lady and a guy that took a second to realize was Slash with his hair back in a ponytail. I allowed them to turn a corner before following. Just as I turned that corner, the elevator closed. I watched it go to the 9th floor which I then proceeded to. Again, not sure what I was expecting, but only hear noise from a few rooms. At that point I decided to call it a night. It was 3:30 and I have to do it again tonight.

I'm about to head downtown again. My seat isn't great, but just glad I'll be in the venue. I'll keep tweeting if anyone is interested.