Would anybody else like to see Slash, Duff, Stevie and whoever else tour playing GNR songs this Summer?

ITW 2012

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No thanks. It was kind of nice that they were still able to play something at the ceremony, but that was enough for me.

My exact feelings.

Me too. While this might be a nice idea, I would rather see them tour with their new songs. We hear them playing guns songs often enough anyway. :shrugs:

I would go to as many shows as possible.. Slash, Duff, Steven and hopefully Izzy. I bet Izzy would do a no drama theater tour. If not Izzy then Gilby would work. I think Myles has come along way with the Guns songs too. He nailed it at the HOF.

Naw I have seen VR 4 times, good enough for me :)

Twice for me.

I spent both times thinking about how it just wasnt the same without Axl regardless of who else from the "classic" lineup was up there.

Axl has that something that can't be imitated or duplicated.

I feel that way both ways.

For me personally, unless Axl's singing, there will always be something missing. The same goes for when Axl plays GNR songs with his band. There's always something missing. It's either the music or the voice.

Atleast that's how I feel.

They should go the total Rockstar route and get a guy from a tribute band.

That would end up sounding great but come on, too cheesy. I'd much rather 4/5 original guys get together and write a brand new album with a different singer who doesn't suck balls. It wouldn't be classic GNR great but it would be close.

I wouldn't want it to be a full on tour, but I would love to see a couple of gigs at the Whiskey or Troubador or something and have a couple of gigs where they just jam and rock out

I would LOVE for them to do a tour. I understand, I think, what you are saying here, but I actually want to see them live and I live by the other ocean, completely across the continent from the Whiskey or Troubador.

Naw I have seen VR 4 times, good enough for me :)

Seeing Steven up there was really cool for me. You don't get that from Velvet Revolver. After hearing Axl and Izzy were gonna be no shows I didn't think I cared about the ceremony anymore. It ended up being pretty damn cool anyway. A tour with those guys playing Guns music would be soo much better than VR.

I would love to see them.

I'd take that over a fake-Guns"concert any old day.

i agree with If the world:it was magic to hear them even with Myles on vocal.

I had tears in my eyes watching slash and duff and steven do mr.brownstone.

call me sentimental.

'whatever.

I'm pretty sure when "Stevie" woke up today, Slash, Duff, Sorum, Gliby, and Miles were long gone.

I even bet once the cameras were off, everybody avoided "Stevie" like the plague.

In terms of drug problems, "Stevie" was no different than Slash and Duff.

So it wasn't just Stevie's drug problems that forced Slash and Duff from wanting to replace him with Matt Sorum.

So just likea reunion will never happen, Slash and Duff will never replace Sorum with "Stevie", nor will Slash want to replace Dave Kushner with Izzy. If you know anything about the Slash-Izzy music relationship, you know that they don't really enjoy each others style of music playing.

So no, Velvet Revolver is only searching for new singer.