Guns N’ Roses Guitarist DJ Ashba Reveals His Tortured Childhood

gunsguy

Maybe DJ was a little arse hole when he was younger, kids can be, maybe he deserved the beats? This is one sided story.

In this case regardless of who it was (DJ or otherwise) a child NEVER deserves these things, EVER. If you feel the way you posted I hope you never have children or are never allowed to be around children.

That wasn't meant to be be taken too seriously. However, I just believe this is tactic used to promote himself to vulnerable audiences, make a connection with them, gain respect, then hit them with an offer at ashba swag.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we're not making fun, it's just a sneaky tactic he can use to pull at the emotional strings of highly charged emotional teenager. I surprised it doesn't advertise 'Ashba Swag' in their some how.

" My dad used to beat me, but it was all better after I started to wear flannels from ashbaswag.com with a 20% off. I never got any more black eyes after my first ovaition guitar"

That's ridiculous. A guy gets beat as a child and you think its a ploy. I get that you dont like the guy but its uncalled for to take child abuse lightly.

Maybe DJ was a little arse hole when he was younger, kids can be, maybe he deserved the beats? This is one sided story.

Perhaps you were never beaten enough as a child? maybe if you were, you could have been playing to Audiences all over the world instead of posting on an internet forum.

I remember reading the same stuff from Axl, izzy, Scott weiland..ect.

Some guy has a rough childhood, runs away to LA then makes it. That's the American dream and everyone advertises it because that's what they want there fans to know. How they came from nothing to ruling the world.

It's almost as if it the craze amongst rock stars. It's defiantly a selling point in an autobiography.

Don't get me wrong, I love DJ, I love his playing, I just think there was no need to mention any of that. He's a rockstar, not a councillor.

Edited by gunsguy
removed deleted quote

In this case regardless of who it was (DJ or otherwise) a child NEVER deserves these things, EVER. If you feel the way you posted I hope you never have children or are never allowed to be around children.

That wasn't meant to be be taken too seriously. However, I just believe this is tactic used to promote himself to vulnerable audiences, make a connection with them, gain respect, then hit them with an offer at ashba swag.

yeah when he got beaten as a child he probably thought "wow this is great! now people maybe will reaspect me when I'm older so I can sell them t-shirts!"

:rolleyes:

you're one stupid fucking idiot. :)

Perhaps you were never beaten enough as a child? maybe if you were, you could have been playing to Audiences all over the world instead of posting on an internet forum.

I remember reading the same stuff from Axl, izzy, Scott weiland..ect.

Some guy has a rough childhood, runs away to LA then makes it. That's the American dream and everyone advertises it because that's what they want there fans to know. How they came from nothing to ruling the world.

It's almost as if it the craze amongst rock stars. It's defiantly a selling point in an autobiography.

Edited by gunsguy
please refrain from bashing users

This.

Not being funny but every kid has taken a dig from there dad, or certainly been threatened and felt that fear. I have, and I'm sure 99% of the forum has, you know what none of us ended up famous with boats loads of cash.

A homeless guy on the street, that made this statement, sure, I'd feel for him, but a guy travelling from vages to all over the world in a private Jet with Axl rose? Ohh yeah, he needs sympathy. :lol:

This is all very one sided. To be fair, DJ's dad should be asked for his comment.

Then we might get a better picture. Only then can we show sympathy, should it be deemed necessary.

...or we could just act like human beings and quit playing the Mr. Objective charade all the time. Give DJ some sympathy.

Not being funny but every kid has taken a dig from there dad, or certainly been threatened and felt that fear. I have, and I'm sure 99% of the forum has, you know what none of us ended up famous with boats loads of cash.

A homeless guy on the street, that made this statement, sure, I'd feel for him, but a guy travelling from vages to all over the world in a private Jet with Axl rose? Ohh yeah, he needs sympathy. :lol:

It's no use, this guy's just a **********

Edited by gunsguy
please refrain from bashing users

+1

That Six AM guitarist sure had a tought time of it. I'm sorry for him.

yet his music sounds bland and uninspired

some similarities with axl's life

Maybe one day he'll refuse to go on stage unless the band hands the name over to him.

Slash is no longer in GNR. Get over it and grow up.

Your not wrong there. You forgot to add: Izzy, Adler, and Duff. Only one remains, Uncle Axl, bless his cotton socks.

This thread is supposed to be about DJ Ash, and the beating he took.

Yup, you get the point now bud.

This is all very one sided. To be fair, DJ's dad should be asked for his comment.

Then we might get a better picture. Only then can we show sympathy, should it be deemed necessary.

...or we could just act like human beings and quit playing the Mr. Objective charade all the time. Give DJ some sympathy.

I don't think he is looking for sympathy honestly, I beleive he wants his fans to know that even if you are bullied, reach for your dreams, things get better kinda thing. Does not mean we wil all be rock stars, but it means don't worry about today, things will get better. DJ had been asking about bullying for months on facebook and twitter, I think he got feedback and realized his story could possibly help even one fan. I don't see this as any kind of ploy or advert.

----

Guys, please refrain from name calling here. Make your point without bashing each other, it is not hard and help's the discussion flow

for instance my view is way different than Axl_morris however I get my point across without calling him a (insert name here)

Edited by gunsguy

I don't think he is looking for sympathy honestly, I beleive he wants his fans to know that even if you are bullied, reach for your dreams, things get better kinda thing. Does not mean we wil all be rock stars, but it means don't worry about today, things will get better. DJ had been asking about bullying for months on facebook and twitter, I think he got feedback and realized his story could possibly help even one fan. I don't see this as any kind of ploy or advert.

I'll try explain my mindset more clear.

Lets say I had a rough childhood, I'm into GNR and love everything to do with DJ ashba, real excited about seeing him on tour next month. He then tweets this

If you are being bullied and have a story I would love to hear it, and together we WILL fight back

I feel real inspired and want to speak to DJ about this. Now, he doesn't reply to his facebook comments and you can't message him. Lets say I've been a fan of his for years and everything he has said I feel inspired by, I know, there's a VIP M&G at the show I'm going too, ooh I'll finally get to speak to him, great. Oh wait, £250 to see him? Hmmmm

The Meet and Greet is just an example of how corporate these people can be. Perhaps bullyville approached DJ with a financial incentive for his story?

Actually, just lock this thread. Seriously. The disrespect from internet dweebs who can't get over the fact that their favorite guitar player isn't in GNR anymore is ridiculous.

Actually, just lock this thread. Seriously. The disrespect from internet dweebs who can't get over the fact that their favorite guitar player isn't in GNR anymore is ridiculous.

I don't think anyone means any harm here questioning this comment by DJ, I certainly wish him the best and hope his past issues are all resolved now. I think that this comment has come out the blue for some people, seeing as DJ is so outgoing and happy, I would imagine him having a great childhood. I also have not heard anything from DJ in relation to his abusive childhood since this interview, so I think some people are kind of taken aback by a bold statement like this.

But I was never a DJ fan, and have not followed him at all prior to his involvment in GN'R... so I really would know either way anyway. ;)

Edited by One.In.A.Million

I am astonished at the lack of compassion displayed here. There doesn't need to be any hearing of DJ's father's side of the story. It is NEVER o.k. to hit your child. Absolutely pathetic that anyone would suggest otherwise. Those that react without compassion have my pity, for they don't deserve and likely won't receive any themselves when it comes to their own hardships in real life.

Ali

I'll try explain my mindset more clear.

Lets say I had a rough childhood, I'm into GNR and love everything to do with DJ ashba, real excited about seeing him on tour next month. He then tweets this

If you are being bullied and have a story I would love to hear it, and together we WILL fight back

I feel real inspired and want to speak to DJ about this. Now, he doesn't reply to his facebook comments and you can't message him. Lets say I've been a fan of his for years and everything he has said I feel inspired by, I know, there's a VIP M&G at the show I'm going too, ooh I'll finally get to speak to him, great. Oh wait, £250 to see him? Hmmmm

The Meet and Greet is just an example of how corporate these people can be. Perhaps bullyville approached DJ with a financial incentive for his story?

You are thinking about this in a totally wrong way. What are your thoughts on axls bad childhood? Did he talk about it to make money or was his case different because you like axl and not dj?

No don't lock the thread. It's a discussion not a bashing. my favourite guitar players ARE in GNR. I'm just suggesting he's not completely fan friendly, ie, charging for M&G's and potentially being paid for his story.

You are thinking about this in a totally wrong way. What are your thoughts on axls bad childhood? Did he talk about it to make money or was his case different because you like axl and not dj?

Good question.

Now, I might be wrong, but I believe Axl spoke about his problems during the UYI tour, or around that time and not recently. I believe Axl had serious mental issues during that time, and he was not in the right place of mind for that tour. Axl had shrinks, he wrote real emotional songs from his problems, estranged probably being the most famous of all. Watch the making off trilogy videos, you can see he is not quite there and most of the stuff he says is about his life and his struggles on what's going on in his head.

That inevitable lead to him being late, break ups with the band and almost every problem he faced at that point in his life. He always felt threatened. Now anyone who has seen a lot of interviews of Axl around this time will probably agree. At that time he was someone who always felt threatened. Dj's childhood never effected his guitar playing, Axl's effected his career when he was at the top of the world and it led to a break up of one of the greatest bands in the world. This was a problem for axl for years, it affected almost everything he did. Not just a quick interview and a tweet.

Axl is lot more mellow now, that 20 years ago, he's found his happiness in what he's doing.

I mean, I don't know the guy, it's the impression I get from his songs and interviews and his highly charged anger issues.

Edited by Axl_morris

No don't lock the thread. It's a discussion not a bashing. my favourite guitar players ARE in GNR. I'm just suggesting he's not completely fan friendly, ie, charging for M&G's and potentially being paid for his story.

And what the fuck does bullying have to do with meet and greets exactly?

Exactly.

This thread blows. It has nothing to do with music, only a hired hand.

You posted 6 times in this very thread, perhaps you are trolling since you are not interested? Maybe you don't need to be on this board.

Edited by gunsguy

You shouldn't let your grievances with how Dj promotes and handles his business override your human compassion and empathy for another being's suffering.

What is perhaps more disturbing than your pathetic lack of empathy is the fact that you insinuate that a little bit of smacking on the head is okay, because after all, you turned out well. Well, based on this I beg to differ.