Piers Morgan Defends Axl Rose

Zint

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl is probably sat at home thinking 'Dont defend me you CUNT'

Piers said the '91 show he attended was (paraphrasing) the most dangerous,amazing show he'd ever seen.

Fuckin right! B)

Ill bet.

Shame. Coz some of the nut-huggers round here weren't even born in '91

LA

Edited by LA_0013

"The Chuck Norris of Rock and Roll".

Not sure what that means but...sounded good! :lol:

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm guessing that Piers was probably referring to the Missing In Action movies with his Chuck Norris comment.

Edited by ITW 2012

Why did he say he tore up the invitation and threw the t.v. out the window? Was he just kidding?

Yes he's English.

As much of a twat that he is he's honest and is very good at what he does.

He's better than Larry King ever was imo.

Why did he say he tore up the invitation and threw the t.v. out the window? Was he just kidding?

Yes he's English.

his ratings went up 3 times what King's were when he took over

Yes he's English.

Really? I gave this guy about two weeks and decided he wasn't my cup of tea. He's got an opinion, but only when the person he's talking about isn't sitting across from him. He's clever in that he lavishes praise upon his interviewee to subdue them when he asks his more "biting" questions, but I've never been a fan in his prodding style. I think the LA Times interview was an example of journalistic perfection. Granted, television is a far more limited medium when it comes to the framing of the interview as it's published, but I loved how Randall Roberts was able to ask smart questions that revealed a lot about Axl. With Pierce Morgan, I've never seen that knack for getting the most out of the person being interviewed.

I don't stay this to start the same argument found in many other threads, but what Pierce misses is that the induction was about honoring the music, the artist, and the fans. It wasn't about the individual band members. This is my opinion, one that I'm not going to argue. You feel different, that's great. But I disagree with Morgan when he says the induction is about the individual band members. It's greater than that; it's a celebration of the semiotic relationship between artist, fan and the music. Anyway, I won't responding to any arguments against my opinion here because I'm done debating this. Just stating my opinion, not looking for the same conversation we've been having for over a week.

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy

Coming from a Brit... the day Axl Rose needs Piers Morgan to defend him. Fuckin hell..... lol. The guy is a fucking leech

LA

He doesn't need Howard, Ed Trunk, or Piers to defend him, but Axl was expecting a HUGE backlash for being a no-show, and is actually getting the opposite.

The show goes out worldwide, so it's good exposure.

Axl is probably sat at home thinking 'Dont defend me you CUNT'

Piers said the '91 show he attended was (paraphrasing) the most dangerous,amazing show he'd ever seen.

Fuckin right! B)

Ill bet.

Shame. Coz some of the nut-huggers round here weren't even born in '91

LA

Same with some of the dingleberry chewers around here.

Who would've thought that a band as iconic as GN'R could have younger fans?

Agreed Mr. Piers Morgan...Excellent !!! I hope u saw this Axl....Because this is how your true fans feel my friend!! Stevie D.....Cleveland,OH......actually Cuyahoga Falls...saw u in Youngstown..Dec. 2011..you and band are amazing..come back this way after european tour...

Yes he's English.

Really? I gave this guy about two weeks and decided he wasn't my cup of tea. He's got an opinion, but only when the person he's talking about isn't sitting across from him. He's clever in that he lavishes praise upon his interviewee to subdue them when he asks his more "biting" questions, but I've never been a fan in his prodding style. I think the LA Times interview was an example of journalistic perfection. Granted, television is a far more limited medium when it comes to the framing of the interview as it's published, but I loved how Randall Roberts was able to ask smart questions that revealed a lot about Axl. With Pierce Morgan, I've never seen that knack for getting the most out of the person being interviewed.

I don't stay this to start the same argument found in many other threads, but what Pierce misses is that the induction was about honoring the music, the artist, and the fans. It wasn't about the individual band members. This is my opinion, one that I'm not going to argue. You feel different, that's great. But I disagree with Morgan when he says the induction is about the individual band members. It's greater than that; it's a celebration of the semiotic relationship between artist, fan and the music. Anyway, I won't responding to any arguments against my opinion here because I'm done debating this. Just stating my opinion, not looking for the same conversation we've been having for over a week.

Cheers,

Andrew

Larry King rambled,cut people off in mid sentence to get to the next doltish question.

He would ask embarrassingly lame questions **in a grumbly voice** "some people say you had a lesbian affair in summer camp when you were 14,are you a lesbian?".

"Do you think your daughters will grow up to be lesbians because there were rumours you were a lesbian in summer camp?"

Inane crap like that.

The guy was 10 years past his so called prime.

At least Piers is willing to make people squirm a bit.

Don't think he wouldn't ask Axl questions he didn't exactly want to hear.