2012/05/19 Capital FM Arena, Nottingham UK

Lawzy

The 2010 voice - whatever that is exactly - has not met its match. He had some shitty shows in '10 including some big gigs but look at Nice Boys with Duff, Michelle in P. Rico, Rosie at L'Arc. He's getting better, but he's not there yet. Part of the problem I think is that he looks kinda bored or confused as to what exactly he's trying to prove. Of course that may all be a myth because according to Ali, I am not actually experiencing the show because I'm 'only' watching it on youtube. Maybe I'm deluding myself! Maybe what I saw/hear didn't actually happen! But on the other hand when Ali goes to a show and stands next to the speakers and cant hear shit, he's 'really' experiencing the show more than I am when I'm watching a pro-shot vid on youtube.

Fact is that I'm watching the shows on youtube and I'm getting a grasp on how Axl and the band sounds. If I werent experiencing it in some way there's no way I could even have any point of view. Also, we complained about GNR playing the same shows and we asked for Dont Cry, Estranged, Civil War, Twat and LO and Behold the band starts playing those songs. Are we to assume it was mere coincidence, or that only the people in the front row yelling "TWAT" persuaded Axl? I dont think so. Also, I dunno how many times DJ has alluded to new material, new material, new material, and promoters allude to 'something new' or 'something historic' happening. Why would they make such allusions if people on the message boards asking for new shit had absolutely no influence. Why is Axl buddies with Jarmo? Axl himself has been known to read message boards (not to mention that the guys have FB) and I'm sure he knows more about some peoples' opinions on here than about the opinion of the guy in the nosebleed section of a 10,000 seater venue. Therefore, our opinions are legitimate, and there is interaction between us on this board (i.e. we are part of the audience) and the performers on the stage.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2010 voice - whatever that is exactly - has not met its match. He had some shitty shows in '10 including some big gigs but look at Nice Boys with Duff, Michelle in P. Rico, Rosie at L'Arc. He's getting better, but he's not there yet. Part of the problem I think is that he looks kinda bored or confused as to what exactly he's trying to prove. Of course that may all be a myth because according to Ali, I am not actually experiencing the show because I'm 'only' watching it on youtube. Maybe I'm deluding myself! Maybe what I saw/hear didn't actually happen! But on the other hand when Ali goes to a show and stands next to the speakers and cant hear shit, he's 'really' experiencing the show more than I am when I'm watching a pro-shot vid on youtube.

Fact is that I'm watching the shows on youtube and I'm getting a grasp on how Axl and the band sounds. If I werent experiencing it in some way there's no way I could even have any point of view. Also, we complained about GNR playing the same shows and we asked for Dont Cry, Estranged, Civil War, Twat and LO and Behold the band starts playing those songs. Are we to assume it was mere coincidence, or that only the people in the front row yelling "TWAT" persuaded Axl? I dont think so. Also, I dunno how many times DJ has alluded to new material, new material, new material, and promoters allude to 'something new' or 'something historic' happening. Why would they make such allusions if people on the message boards asking for new shit had absolutely no influence. Why is Axl buddies with Jarmo? Axl himself has been known to read message boards (not to mention that the guys have FB) and I'm sure he knows more about some peoples' opinions on here than about the opinion of the guy in the nosebleed section of a 10,000 seater venue. Therefore, our opinions are legitimate, and there is interaction between us on this board (i.e. we are part of the audience) and the performers on the stage.

That's true, that is why that particular website is heavily monitored and censored, because Axl is obviously reading it. And some others (like this one) as well I'm sure. I wonder why "don't damn me when I speak a piece of mind" is only allowed when Axl does it. Lol

That's true, that is why that particular website is heavily monitored and censored, because Axl is obviously reading it. And some others (like this one) as well I'm sure. I wonder why "don't damn me when I speak a piece of mind" is only allowed when Axl does it. Lol

Darn right.

to answer the last two he read "opinions" like yours (especially the shots taken specially over the last month, by certain few....)and well I surely wouldn't wonder why he doesn't want to come back lol

The performances of each song are pretty consistent and very similar night to night, so no, I'm not missing much by not being there. The only surprises would be if Axl interacted with the crowd or fucked something up or sang something exceptionally well. See the show once and you've seen most of them if not all, basically.

Who would have thought Guns N' Roses fans would end up so spoiled that we complain about the shows being consistently good.

I do think shows since 2007 have sounded mostly pretty good excluding RIR.

He was posting about a specific show, using an analogy that was completely inaccurate. If you want to comment about shows you've seen in the past, that's one thing. But, to comment about a show you're not at and use that analogy is inaccurate. You may THINK the meal/show is the same, but two chefs/bands can follow the same recipe/setlist, or create the same menu/setlist (depending on how you want to look at it), and end up with completely different tasting/experiencing meals/shows. So, you don't KNOW the meals/shows are the same.

Ali

I disagree. Axl almost always takes the same vocal shortcuts and all the guitar solos are played almost note for note each time by every guitarist (was way cooler in '06 when BBF improvised a lot of them). There's been enough identical shows to make general conclusions like this.

Disagree completely. Performance quality can and has varied enough to make your conclusion erroneous. Just look at Dublin 2010 vs. 2012, for example.

Ali

All I said before was that if you're not at the show or streaming it at home, or watching it on a DVD release, you're not part of the audience (or intended audience). That's true.

Ali

Who says "dont damn me when I speak a piece of mind" is only allowed to Axl? We have posters here like vaida who have attempted to derail multiple threads with the "who cares if a hired hand sells a house/ has insurance problems/ was abused severely as a child etc" pretty much every time some story related to the current members is posted and it took a whole lot of such valuable contributions before he was so much as asked to cool it for a while.

Where have people been refused permission to criticize Axl or the current line-up on this website?

We're in a scenario where everything from not attending an award show to not playing Estranged is easily declared an enormous slap in the face/ undeniable sign of lack of caring about fans and everything from Axl's mental balance to his family members can be dilated upon by posters to their hearts content. If Axl was inclined to damn such freedom of expression, he wouldn't have posted here.

He's getting that edge back, during the 2011 he just sounded vocally a little tired, I mean he got all the notes but there wasn't that edge he in 2006-07 and also during 09-10. I'm noticing on this tour he is now rasping heavily at the end of certain words/phrases, like he did back in 06-07 (where he;d start the note clean then distorted it into the classic rasp sound) its abit of a mix but I reckon he'll end up vocally with a fusion of 2006 and 2010 by the start of June...in other words superb!!

Who says "dont damn me when I speak a piece of mind" is only allowed to Axl? We have posters here like vaida who have attempted to derail multiple threads with the "who cares if a hired hand sells a house/ has insurance problems/ was abused severely as a child etc" pretty much every time some story related to the current members is posted and it took a whole lot of such valuable contributions before he was so much as asked to cool it for a while.

Where have people been refused permission to criticize Axl or the current line-up on this website?

We're in a scenario where everything from not attending an award show to not playing Estranged is easily declared an enormous slap in the face/ undeniable sign of lack of caring about fans and everything from Axl's mental balance to his family members can be dilated upon by posters to their hearts content. If Axl was inclined to damn such freedom of expression, he wouldn't have posted here.

I actually was referring to the "other" website.

Civil War

Sound of the vocals capture that kinda 'surround' vibe you get when at the actual concert. Not something that you usually get with youtube videos. :thumbsup:

Fantastic thank you for this. What was he saying at the end of the song does anyone know? "You know, every time....."

Maybe, but Rabia's post is perfeclty applicable to very prevalent attitudes among many here.

... but wern't you referring to this one as well?

Edited by KiraMPD

Disagree completely. Performance quality can and has varied enough to make your conclusion erroneous. Just look at Dublin 2010 vs. 2012, for example.

Ali

Right but Dublin 2010 was the most extremely different show there ever was, and the only major differences were the break between the sets and the fact Axl stood still. Otherwise the same songs were played in the same way they usually are, weren't they.

RIR 2011 would be another obvious example but can you name any others? I can't and I don't think two examples are enough to falsify my statement :shrugs:

Don't know if anyone elsed notice but Axl looked coked up !!

He was gurning a lot and his eyes were wild and wide, it wasn't only me that noticed they guy stood next to me also thought he was on something !!

he could be on pain killers for his leg?

He was gurning a lot and his eyes were wild and wide, it wasn't only me that noticed they guy stood next to me also thought he was on something !!

thats what i was thinking dont think he does coke nowadays or could be drink he does like a good drink.

thats what i was thinking dont think he does coke nowadays or could be drink he does like a good drink.

whatever it was it seemed to put him in a good mood :thumbsup: