2012/05/19 Capital FM Arena, Nottingham UK

Lawzy

https://www.facebook...45104947&type=1

176 photos

Interactive with the crowd? laugh.gif He was interactive with me, theres a photo in there of him point to me although its a bit blurred, everyone around cheered for me as I was wearing his t shirt.

Yeah he was making loads of contact with the front row, sticking his tongue out quite a bit haha, in a good mood with the crowd, just seemed distracted early on with the sound guys.

Fabulous pics, were you with the fans who hang around after the gig?

No... did I miss them? smiley-scared.gif

Someones uploaded civil war, great vid.

We saw all of them last night and they all signed stuff, I did listen out for you but didn't hear any scottish accents that's why I asked. :)

Woahh... well I had a car load so they needed to get back, Im def gonna do it at manchester, newcastle and glasgow. what time did they come out at?

They started coming out one by one which was good as you had time with each one it was about an hour after the gig ended, Axl of course was the last, they all got on huge black tour buses as they were going straight to Liverpool.

I was there..Think I was a bit drunk. The short guy, smoking, had two t-shirt bags. Talking to a lot of people.

I sang blood in the water to every band member I met, it was interesting. Frank and Bumble are sweethearts, Bumble signed my hand. :heart:

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.facebook...45104947&type=1

176 photos

Interactive with the crowd? laugh.gif He was interactive with me, theres a photo in there of him point to me although its a bit blurred, everyone around cheered for me as I was wearing his t shirt.

Yeah he was making loads of contact with the front row, sticking his tongue out quite a bit haha, in a good mood with the crowd, just seemed distracted early on with the sound guys.

Fabulous pics, were you with the fans who hang around after the gig?

No... did I miss them? smiley-scared.gif

Someones uploaded civil war, great vid.

We saw all of them last night and they all signed stuff, I did listen out for you but didn't hear any scottish accents that's why I asked. :)

Woahh... well I had a car load so they needed to get back, Im def gonna do it at manchester, newcastle and glasgow. what time did they come out at?

They started coming out one by one which was good as you had time with each one it was about an hour after the gig ended, Axl of course was the last, they all got on huge black tour buses as they were going straight to Liverpool.

I was there..Think I was a bit drunk. The short guy, smoking, had two t-shirt bags. Talking to a lot of people.

I sang blood in the water to every band member I met, it was interesting. Frank and Bumble are sweethearts, Bumble signed my hand. :heart:

Haha nice, can you remember any of their responses to Blood In The Water?

Sure - Bumble laughed and was like what is that? He thinks it's a fake clip put together, he tried to say someone had manipulated Axl's vocals, I told him no, not to that quality. He was most willing to talk though. Frank laughed and said Yeah positively, Dizzy was quiet, Pitman made some noise but he was drunk and talking at the same time. Tommy was storming around looking for girls and generally didn't interact much. Ashba didn't stay long enough and Axl didn't do much, he was walking away and lots of people were shouting him.

Dizzy was a cool guy actually, signed some stuff and chatted.

I thought it was pretty sickening watching old-men clutching their signed collector's edition AFD vinyl's jump to the front to get a autograph, At first I thought it was funny but it's just sad. There's no sense of treating them like human-beings.

Edited by MoonWalker

Haha nice, can you remember any of their responses to Blood In The Water?

Sure - Bumble laughed and was like what is that? He thinks it's a fake clip put together, he tried to say someone had manipulated Axl's vocals, I told him no, not to that quality. He was most willing to talk though. Frank laughed and said Yeah positively, Dizzy was quiet, Pitman made some noise but he was drunk and talking at the same time. Tommy was storming around looking for girls and generally didn't interact much. Ashba didn't stay long enough and Axl didn't do much, he was walking away and lots of people were shouting him.

Dizzy was a cool guy actually, signed some stuff and chatted.

I thought it was pretty sickening watching old-men clutching their signed collector's edition AFD vinyl's jump to the front to get a autograph, At first I thought it was funny but it's just sad. There's no sense of treating them like human-beings.

Haha nice!! Sounds like a very fun time, thanks for sharing man. Did you get photos with them too? I'm going to the June 1st gig in London, where did you go to meet the band? Just stay in the general admission area or something? I've never been to a big gig before :tongue2:

No problem pal. :) I didn't get any pictures unfortunately, my phone's camera is crap so I didn't bother. I got Frank's, Bumble's (x2), Dizzy's and Pitman's autograph on my ticket. It was a really fun night and a joy to meet the guys. Generally I'd say do a little homework, I don't know anything about London's arena but in Nottingham there's a little back part where the stage buses go, stay around there after the gig and you'll meet some people.

I tried to get in the actual building with my work-id card but the bouncers spotted me off a mile away lol. :tongue2:

Another note, in case you guys didn't know, Axl fucked up Chinese Democracy, not sure if there was sound problems or technical faults or Axl just forgot the lyrics but a bulk of the song was just instrumental, pretty disappointing, I was looking forward to hearing that song live.

Dave Carlson‏@davidoff86

Mic problems in Chinese - seems fixed

GN'R Int Forum-Staff‏@Gnrinterstaff

some troubles with the mic. now the show keep going

:thumbsup:

Seeing Jarmo was weird. Del James was incredibly laid back, so I sang "without youuu" to him lol. I mentioned how they had played TWAT in Dublin and every band member was really excited and proud when they responded, I told Bumble he did an awesome job on the solo.

Edited by MoonWalker

Of course not, but I can still have an opinion.

Seems like a pretty stupid opinion though, no? If I wanted an opinion on how a meal tasted, I'd ask the guy that ate it. Not the dude that saw a picture on the internet.

No matter how good a meal is, I could not not get bored of it and not crave for change at some point if I ate it daily... might be different for someone else.

I also consider the fact that they're touring the same setlist another sign that there's no future for GN'R in sight. I'm sure there will be an album some day but until then Axl is wasting time in my view.

The problem is in this analogy you did not eat the meal, you just read the menu. You and I are not experiencing the show by sitting at home, we are just reading the setlist and maybe seeing some vids if we are lucky.

Ali

Another note, in case you guys didn't know, Axl fucked up Chinese Democracy, not sure if there was sound problems or technical faults or Axl just forgot the lyrics but a bulk of the song was just instrumental, pretty disappointing, I was looking forward to hearing that song live.

He had problems with his mic.

Seems like a pretty stupid opinion though, no? If I wanted an opinion on how a meal tasted, I'd ask the guy that ate it. Not the dude that saw a picture on the internet.

No matter how good a meal is, I could not not get bored of it and not crave for change at some point if I ate it daily... might be different for someone else.

I also consider the fact that they're touring the same setlist another sign that there's no future for GN'R in sight. I'm sure there will be an album some day but until then Axl is wasting time in my view.

The problem is in this analogy you did not eat the meal, you just read the menu. You and I are not experiencing the show by sitting at home, we are just reading the setlist and maybe seeing some vids if we are lucky.

Ali

Maybe he's eaten the meal before? Maybe many times before. And in all those years it's been the same chef, preparing the same meal in the same way, with the only difference being that a couple of the bus boys left and were replaced with different bus boys. I see absolutley no reason why he couldn't comment on that meal, even if he wasn't there one particular night to taste it himeslf.

Ali

The performances of each song are pretty consistent and very similar night to night, so no, I'm not missing much by not being there. The only surprises would be if Axl interacted with the crowd or fucked something up or sang something exceptionally well. See the show once and you've seen most of them if not all, basically.

Maybe he's eaten the meal before? Maybe many times before. And in all those years it's been the same chef, preparing the same meal in the same way, with the only difference being that a couple of the bus boys left and were replaced with different bus boys. I see absolutley no reason why he couldn't comment on that meal, even if he wasn't there one particular night to taste it himeslf.

This

Edited by Jyrgen

That's possibly the best Civil War I've heard from this line-up. Axl sounds great on it and Richard absolutely tears it up on his solo.

The Jungle video is awesome too. When Axl comes back in after Ron's solo...it's just simply awesome. His scream is great.

Looks like the 2010 voice may have met its match. :)

The performances of each song are pretty consistent and very similar night to night, so no, I'm not missing much by not being there. The only surprises would be if Axl interacted with the crowd or fucked something up or sang something exceptionally well. See the show once and you've seen most of them if not all, basically.

Who would have thought Guns N' Roses fans would end up so spoiled that we complain about the shows being consistently good.

If all you want to do is praise Axl's endless tour and talk about how we should all shut up and not have discussions about the shows in the DISCUSSION AREA of the forum, perhaps you would be better off at HTGTH.

In this forum we discuss the show, the setlist, and yes, we do bitch and we have all earned the right to bitch when the man can't be bothered to play a brand new setlist or release what is (in all likelihood) a finished album after waiting years through endless inactivity.

We don't need a bunch of wannabe baby sitters in here telling us that we shouldn't bitch about the setlist, talk back to our grandma, or put our elbows on the fucking table.

If all you want to do is praise Axl's endless tour and talk about how we should all shut up and not have discussions about the shows in the DISCUSSION AREA of the forum, perhaps you would be better off at HTGTH.

In this forum we discuss the show, the setlist, and yes, we do bitch and we have all earned the right to bitch when the man can't be bothered to play a brand new setlist or release what is (in all likelihood) a finished album after waiting years through endless inactivity.

We don't need a bunch of wannabe baby sitters in here telling us that we shouldn't bitch about the setlist, talk back to our grandma, or put our elbows on the fucking table.

I am curious as to who you are saying probably shouldn't post their opinions here but rather leave for HTGTH?

That's possibly the best Civil War I've heard from this line-up. Axl sounds great on it and Richard absolutely tears it up on his solo.

The Jungle video is awesome too. When Axl comes back in after Ron's solo...it's just simply awesome. His scream is great.

Looks like the 2010 voice may have met its match. :)

Yeah,I completely agree.These performances are really good.Axl seems to be really nailing SOD lately.

Ali

He was posting about a specific show, using an analogy that was completely inaccurate. If you want to comment about shows you've seen in the past, that's one thing. But, to comment about a show you're not at and use that analogy is inaccurate. You may THINK the meal/show is the same, but two chefs/bands can follow the same recipe/setlist, or create the same menu/setlist (depending on how you want to look at it), and end up with completely different tasting/experiencing meals/shows. So, you don't KNOW the meals/shows are the same.

Ali

Who would have thought Guns N' Roses fans would end up so spoiled that we complain about the shows being consistently good.

I do think shows since 2007 have sounded mostly pretty good excluding RIR.

He was posting about a specific show, using an analogy that was completely inaccurate. If you want to comment about shows you've seen in the past, that's one thing. But, to comment about a show you're not at and use that analogy is inaccurate. You may THINK the meal/show is the same, but two chefs/bands can follow the same recipe/setlist, or create the same menu/setlist (depending on how you want to look at it), and end up with completely different tasting/experiencing meals/shows. So, you don't KNOW the meals/shows are the same.

Ali

I disagree. Axl almost always takes the same vocal shortcuts and all the guitar solos are played almost note for note each time by every guitarist (was way cooler in '06 when BBF improvised a lot of them). There's been enough identical shows to make general conclusions like this.

Edited by Jyrgen