2012/05/19 Capital FM Arena, Nottingham UK

Lawzy

GNR has officially become modern day Lynyrd Skynyrd. They only have one original member, they sell tickets to people who want to hear the hits they recorded over 20 years ago, and they do the basically the same set list in almost the same order every night. Fuck.

And you forgot to mention that GN'R are actually still a live band to be reckoned with, and are belting out 3 hour shows, unlike Skynyrd doing 80 minute sets.

Oh, you got me.

20658744.jpg

:lol:

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back home....what a fucking amazing show, my ears, throat and body are all aching and will punish me at work tomorrow, but it was worth it without a question.

Huge setlist, almost every sone I could have wanted (Minus a few from Chinese Democracy - myself and a few others did shout out for TWAT at various points).

Band was tight, Axl was on great form (Minus the song Chinese Democracy, where his sound buggered up half-way through and he missed the second verse), and the crowd responded fantastically. Safe to say I was thrown around a lot, but it was great fun.

Roll on Birmingham next week!

How was Axl's voice?

He was a bit muddied in the mix at first, but by Estranged or so, it was improving a lot. Come the end, it was great. I was very close to the front so was blasted with amplifiers from all sides, but Axl was great, except for the bit in CD I mentioned.

Axl stormed of on chinese democracy but came back to finish it off.

Top form and a good mood, great rasp in voice and he recognised my bunny t shirt and gave me a big smile and his eyes nearly popped out of his skull haha, loved it.

Great night cant wait for tommorow. Boring crowd though.

Got 200 plus pics from front row also, any want a copy just PM me.

Edited by Axl_morris

just got back..uncle axl does make getting home difficult! had some problems updating but noticed others were so I just enjoyed the show rather than messing around fixing it. any blanks need filling?

bumblefoot playing glad to be here was awesome. was hoping to find out what mi amor v2 sounded like but got bod again..axl was on form tonight. as good as when I saw them in 2010

think he stormed off to fix the problem..just before he said "i can't hear shit"..the band did well to just go into the solo section while they fixed it

You think that nobody who comes to see GNR today is also a Slash fan?

What was the last GNR merchandise you saw with Ron on it? What about Fortus? Ashba? Finck? Buckethead?

I'm sure there are lots of other artists members of the audience are into; but the vast majority choose to wear a GN'R shirt rather than a Slash, Metallica or Robbie Williams tee.

There's a band shot tee in circulation, a tour programme with all the current players etc. But that's irrelevant, wear a Guns N' Roses t-shirt, or a tee displaying a current member. Fact is Slash, in the context of Guns N' Roses spanning the last decade, is completely irrelevant.

But they still play his riffs.

I am a KISS fan. I have no issue wearing and Ace shirt to a show. Neither, it would seem, does the security, the band, the fans, or even Tommy (his replacement).

Glad To Be Here :thumbsup:

Otherwise, boring setlist :sleeper:

The lyrics are really great. Love this one...

http://www.bumblefoot.com/press/20080630-antimusic-bumblefoot-week/20080630-antimusic-bumblefoot-week.htm

Indeed. I think this was also the first time BBF played that live right?

Edited by Jyrgen

I clocked them at 1046 and left 1.20

One song shorter than dublin maybe? They are playing tonight though, there was some confusion begore paradise city almost as if they were going into another song, but never happened.

Richard joined thin lizzy for rosaline also.

Glad To Be Here :thumbsup:

Otherwise, boring setlist :sleeper:

You were at the show?

Of course not, but I can still have an opinion.

If I were at the show, it would sure be fun overall, but predictable, as I have been spoiled with the setlist thanks to the Internet. I would prefer not knowing how long are they going to play or what songs are they going to play, or in what order are the songs most likely going to be played.

For the average fan I'm sure it's a great show cause they don't know what to except. Even if they do, it may not an issue to them. For myself, it is though.

I'm not saying I wouldn't go see them if they played near me, but just criticizing the setlist.

I had a great night - no real surprises for me on the setlist - but i got to hear several songs I'd never heard live before - Estranged, Better & Don't Cry (with Axl singing!!). Also got to hear Civil War again for the first time in 20 years!! :thumbsup:

Would've liked TWAT instead of Maddy - but I've no complaints really - Axl seemed really happy - smiling and laughing alot!!

Wish I was going again :shrugs:

I agree to your right to your opinion. Here's mine. It seems to me that if you haven't gone to the shows you (meaning anyone) are really criticizing that the order of the words on an internet page is the same order of the words on an internet page from the last show. It's as if someone posted 'these are the songs that were played - in some order' it woukd make the show better for someone who didn't go.

Now if someone atteneded five shows and criticized the setlist as being too stagnant, it would make a stronger case for me as their actual concert experience was affected. Then again if someone went to one show after reading the setlists and complained, it would be like reading a spoiler of something and then complaining because they knew what would happen.

You're right about the average fan. They don't waste time on all of this stuff and they have a great show not knowing what to expect.

Merch wise it's the best choice as it's ever been.

Lots of t shirts if you into skulls and stuff like that, otherwise nothing to fancy. There's a tour programme that's a tenner, got a few cool photos in it and it's on decent photo paper, it's worth it not to much to read though.

Theres 4 differant posters that are pretty cool, and then the usual scarfs, wristbands, mugs ect..

Great show, band were tight, sound was shit. Couldn't hear Axl for most of the show, he threw his mike on the floor during CD and changed it three times as the techies were scratching their heads trying to figure out what was wrong. Bumble and DJ kept telling the techs they couldn't hear and we couldn't either.

I think £25? There was about 6 different designs and a hoody.

Yeah lots of music problems from the show, not sure why because this is something that happens a lot, I presume it's something to do with the frequency ranges they are using and interference with the amount of wireless singals at any one time?