2012/05/19 Capital FM Arena, Nottingham UK

Lawzy

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150974371914948.486152.545104947&type=1

176 photos

Interactive with the crowd? laugh.gif He was interactive with me, theres a photo in there of him point to me although its a bit blurred, everyone around cheered for me as I was wearing his t shirt.

Yeah he was making loads of contact with the front row, sticking his tongue out quite a bit haha, in a good mood with the crowd, just seemed distracted early on with the sound guys.

Of course not, but I can still have an opinion.

Seems like a pretty stupid opinion though, no? If I wanted an opinion on how a meal tasted, I'd ask the guy that ate it. Not the dude that saw a picture on the internet.

No matter how good a meal is, I could not not get bored of it and not crave for change at some point if I ate it daily... might be different for someone else.

I also consider the fact that they're touring the same setlist another sign that there's no future for GN'R in sight. I'm sure there will be an album some day but until then Axl is wasting time in my view.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150974371914948.486152.545104947&type=1

176 photos

Interactive with the crowd? laugh.gif He was interactive with me, theres a photo in there of him point to me although its a bit blurred, everyone around cheered for me as I was wearing his t shirt.

Yeah he was making loads of contact with the front row, sticking his tongue out quite a bit haha, in a good mood with the crowd, just seemed distracted early on with the sound guys.

Fabulous pics, were you with the fans who hang around after the gig?

Was Axl interactive with the crowd?

He didn't say much and what he did say I couldn't make out! :)

He is in much better form these days.

Yes it's great to see him smiling and joking.

Now if someone atteneded five shows and criticized the setlist as being too stagnant, it would make a stronger case for me as their actual concert experience was affected.

The thing is that Jyrgen's sitting-at-home-reading-the-setlist-at-the-Internet experience was affected by the setlists being so similar, and who are we to reject his opinion on how that sucked? If he wasn't genuinely affected by this setlist monotony and if it didn't affect his life in some deleterious way, then surely he wouldn't bother to voice his complaining opinion on the Internet?

If someone were to throw out the opinion that is it wrong of the band to do what they can to please the fans at the show, and not the thousands of nerds sitting at home pouring over setlist changes, then that would be valid opinions, too, and after all, what else is there to do for supporting GN'R fans than to complain about the band not pleasing the home-sitters the way we want them to?

https://www.facebook...45104947&type=1

176 photos

No... did I miss them? smiley-scared.gif

Someones uploaded civil war, great vid.

Edited by Axl_morris

Now if someone atteneded five shows and criticized the setlist as being too stagnant, it would make a stronger case for me as their actual concert experience was affected.

The thing is that Jyrgen's sitting-at-home-reading-the-setlist-at-the-Internet experience was affected by the setlists being so similar, and who are we to reject his opinion on how that sucked? If he wasn't genuinely affected by this setlist monotony and if it didn't affect his life in some deleterious way, then surely he wouldn't bother to voice his complaining opinion on the Internet?

If someone were to throw out the opinion that is it wrong of the band to do what they can to please the fans at the show, and not the thousands of nerds sitting at home pouring over setlist changes, then that would be valid opinions, too, and after all, what else is there to do for supporting GN'R fans than to complain about the band not pleasing the home-sitters the way we want them to?

lol, yes, unchanging setlists can impact the sitting-at-home-reading-the-setlist-at-the-Internet experience. Can't argue that.

176 photos

We saw all of them last night and they all signed stuff, I did listen out for you but didn't hear any scottish accents that's why I asked. :)

Was Axl interactive with the crowd?

He didn't say much and what he did say I couldn't make out! :)

Did anybody else have trouble hearing Axl? I was right near the fron left of the stage and certain songs we could barely hear him at all

176 photos

We saw all of them last night and they all signed stuff, I did listen out for you but didn't hear any scottish accents that's why I asked. :)

Woahh... well I had a car load so they needed to get back, Im def gonna do it at manchester, newcastle and glasgow. what time did they come out at?

I usually complain about the setlist when it's similar. There's a difference here - I support the band. I buy PPVs. I watch their show when I can. I watch YouTube vids, I spread the word, I give people good reasons to like them - and I've suceed a lot, I think. I guess most people that support them feel this way - we want the band moving forward. We want to watch OMG and Catcher in YouTube/livestreams, we want to post about it on twitter and facebook, we want to say 'hey, you did a great job' to the guys. I liked yesterday's setlist mostly because of Fortus' solo and Ron's Glad to be Here, but it was indeed boring apart from that. I know that Axl's voice needs some shows to warm up and I dont think he should sing TWAT two nights in a row. Ron mentioned in his last interview how one night of abusive vocals can fuck several shows or the whole tour. I dont want that happening, but in a few shows I'd be pissed if they dont change the setlist a bit. I want to hear different songs on the next livestream, not pretty much the same setlist they have been playing since last year. If they play the standart setlist I'll complain because

A) they can do much more than that

B) they want to do more than that

C) Axl will be at his comfort zone so that is no good

D) the boys want to move forward and Axl is holding them back

If they change the setlist, great, and I believe they'll do it. If not...well, their loss.

176 photos

Woahh... well I had a car load so they needed to get back, Im def gonna do it at manchester, newcastle and glasgow. what time did they come out at?

They started coming out one by one which was good as you had time with each one it was about an hour after the gig ended, Axl of course was the last, they all got on huge black tour buses as they were going straight to Liverpool.

I clocked them at 1046 and left 1.20

One song shorter than dublin maybe? They are playing tonight though, there was some confusion begore paradise city almost as if they were going into another song, but never happened.

Richard joined thin lizzy for rosaline also.

Yes, It sounded like they were about to play rosie; Axl said "Hit it" Bumble's guitar messed up abit then Fortus went and started the PC jam.

Anyone know where you can get Axl's Kronk Bones Dunny tee that he wore at this concert and wears often? Looks freaking awesome and glows in the dark, but can't find it in stock anywhere.

Only place I've found it is here:

http://www.coogioutf...y-tee-9499.html

Doesn't exactly look like a great reliable site though IMO...

Got it from there official website but they're sold out, or i cant seem to find it anymore.

My thoughts exactly. I think they will alternate Madagascar and twat around. I hope the play rosie again, one of the highlight in 2010 for me.

Yeah, wouldve like rosie.

And have you got those pictures? wont let me send a PM...

pm sent, if u cant see it or whatever email me morris969@hotmail.com

lol, yes, unchanging setlists can impact the sitting-at-home-reading-the-setlist-at-the-Internet experience. Can't argue that.

Glad that you can see where I'm coming from.