Forum Restructure

highvoltage

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This forum will have a full re-structure within the next few weeks or so.

We're going to attempt to allow all opinions from all quality/intelligent members (without censorship) that clearly have differing views and we feel we can do this and hope you'll enjoy the changes we'll be making in the next few weeks and months. We've changed the mod team, returned banned members, made hundreds of changes behind the scenes, the forum new rules will be posted online tomorrow, Supporter benefits within a week or so and securing some really exciting deals to further promote this forum. In this main section at the minute it is a fucking mess and it needs sorting out and we'll do that, please bear with us!!

New Rules but I think my sig is to big for the current rules :shades:

shhhh no-one knows!B)

Yeah only by a little bit

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

the forum new rules will be posted online tomorrow

It's the twelfth here now, two days after you said this. :krider: I hope I don't come across as a dick now, but where's da rules?

If they've been posted and I've missed them, my apologises. I did take a quick check around and didn't find them.

the forum new rules will be posted online tomorrow

It's the twelfth here now, two days after you said this. :krider: I hope I don't come across as a dick now, but where's da rules?

If they've been posted and I've missed them, my apologises. I did take a quick check around and didn't find them.

I think we've just fallen a bit behind. A couple moderators had personal stuff come up so it might just take a couple extra days. I know our main goal is still to get out the new rules first, and then we're going to try to get the restructuring going. :)

Fair enough. Thanks for the answer!

Waiting on HighVoltage to post.

His girl came over from the States yesterday so I'm guessing he's missed his deadline on purpose!

Bear with us and they'll be here soon enough, they are fully signed off :-)

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I think the D&N section is better than ever. Best would be if stuff about the old band was allowed in the main section too. Also, articles about Slash, Duff, etc. that are mostly related to their Guns N' Roses time should be posted and discussed in the GNR section, in my opinion.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I think albums like AFD and UYI's should be allowed to be discussed in the main section. It's their biggest albums and it's ridiculous that we aren't allowed to discuss Guns N' Roses biggest albums in the Guns N' Roses Discussion and News section. Notice that the name of the section has got "discussion" in it before you start talking about how it's nothing new.

On the other hand, how new are CD? It's four years since it was released. Some of the songs are at least 19 years. Most of them were recorded as early as 99. Should we not be allowed to discuss them in that section because they're too old? It's rubbish. Just let everything GNR related be discussed in the GNR section. That's my opinion.

Edit: Also, consider this, new GNR fans. If the fans of old GNR was allowed to discuss the old band in an active section, they probably wouldn't go into the threads of the new band just to bash them in the same way that's being done constantly now. I think it's a win-win for everyone. Including the new GNR fans.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

I think albums like AFD and UYI's should be allowed to be discussed in the main section. It's their biggest albums and it's ridiculous that we aren't allowed to discuss Guns N' Roses biggest albums in the Guns N' Roses Discussion and News section. Notice that the name of the section has got "discussion" in it before you start talking about how it's nothing new.

On the other hand, how new are CD? It's four years since it was released. Some of the songs are at least 19 years. Most of them were recorded as early as 99. Should we not be allowed to discuss them in that section because they're too old? It's rubbish. Just let everything GNR related be discussed in the GNR section. That's my opinion.

Edit: Also, consider this, new GNR fans. If the fans of old GNR was allowed to discuss the old band in an active section, they probably wouldn't go into the threads of the new band just to bash them in the same way that's being done constantly now. I think it's a win-win for everyone. Including the new GNR fans.

To me it just seems that the threads made about Slash in the recent days in D&N has brought even more bashing on. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's how it feels to me. I have no problem with all GN'R related stuff being discussed in the D&N section but the way it's being done now isn't very productive imo. It's as if it's only being done to piss off certain people and start a bitch fest.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Once the moderators start moderate, I'm sure the bashing will go down. It's just a matter of time. Either way, I think it's really unfair the way the sections are separated now. Which is diluting the whole Slash vs. Axl thing.

Right guys ive stated this before but once again -- The new rules will not sort out the current problem on their own, this WILL happen when the forum re-structure is complete, which will happoen after the Supporter benefits, in around 4/6 weeks time.

What the new rules will do is establish our views (not too different from the last ones but with more flexability, consistency and clarity), the realtime moderating will only take effect once the forum re-structure has taken place - you waited so long for this (before the takeover) please give it time. I honestly cant stress to you enough just how many non-visible changes have taken place since the takoever -- we're working non stop to make this forum better for everyone!!

I'm giving up reading, to be honest.

There is no moderation and people are trying to ruin the forum.

I wish you all the best, whatever happens

so you can't wait a few more weeks, no? Bearing in mind there would have been no mygnrfoum had not i not pumped significant financial funds to support this; and that in the 9 years ive been online ive built my reputation on honestly and integrity? when i say im going to do something i meant it, period.

No problem though mysteron, if that's your view - i wish you well in the future too. Sorry in the 5 weeks you dont feel asthough moving heaven and earth has been sufficient enough!!

Please feel free to check back though in time, things might just become interersting here, shall we say :)

If by ruining you mean bringing it back to the best it's been in years then yeah I agree. Don't let the door etc etc........

No, you really should persevere. I said the same thing when I was five but with a good teacher and a little effort I figured it out in the end! Stick with it skipper, it's worth the effort! ;)

so you can't wait a few more weeks, no?

I will check back in a few weeks, no worries

I am just finding alot of the threads frustrating to read right now. As someone else said, it's like reading the comments you get on youtube

Guest Broskirose

so you can't wait a few more weeks, no?

I will check back in a few weeks, no worries

I am just finding alot of the threads frustrating to read right now. As someone else said, it's like reading the comments you get on youtube

n683lc.jpg