Forum Restructure

highvoltage

I'm giving up reading, to be honest.

There is no moderation and people are trying to ruin the forum.

I wish you all the best, whatever happens

so you can't wait a few more weeks, no?

I will check back in a few weeks, no worries

I am just finding alot of the threads frustrating to read right now. As someone else said, it's like reading the comments you get on youtube

Not even close - those sorts of comments make me fear for humanity. Here is civilised in comparison.

Eurgh - YouTube comments...

Edited by The Sandman

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kat Benzova would be cool for the twitter feed as well imo. I know she ain't a GNR member but Fernando is on there.

https://twitter.com/#!/KatBenzova

I agree with that but as of yet we have no plans to add her, this may change. Fernando posts alot of pics during live shows and he is part of the managment team is why he is there already.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

It feels like I said it before, but I am not sure, so I'll (possibly) mention it again.

I want the Location and gender tag back under the avatar. I find them to be good features to have, to be able to know where people are from and if they're male or female.

It feels like I said it before, but I am not sure, so I'll (possibly) mention it again.

I want the Location and gender tag back under the avatar. I find them to be good features to have, to be able to know where people are from and if they're male or female.

Good point.

Then I know who to send sexy PMs too.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Good point.

Exactly. How will I be able to creep on the females if they don't have a pink tag?

Good point.

Exactly. How will I be able to creep on the females if they don't have a pink tag?

That'd be great. I don't think they had that when I joined.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

What happened was that every time something "big" happened, the forum would go down. The server crashed because of the extra traffic. So Eric used to take away lots of features every time stuff like that happened for a week. For some reason he never put those back however.

Guest Gunns

i changed my gender tag to female for a while just so it would match the moderator colours.

had a couple people PM me trying to strike up a conversation: "i never knew you were a girl!..." :wub:

:wub: Hey baby :wub:

Not surprised :confused:

lol

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

How about taking away the censored words? I see no point in censoring. If a word is being abused, take action against that instead.

Eat.my.silkworms doesn't even exist any more. Nut.swinger is a good word to describe certain people. People saying fag.got and nig.ger could get a friendly warning at first and if they continue, give them a real warning.

What other words is there?

My suggestion: I know of other forums (not related to GNR) that prevent newbies from starting threads for a specific period of time, usually at least a month. It's sort of like a probationary period to ensure the person joining isn't doing so with the intention of quickly disrupting the boards. Can we get the same feature for this forum?

This morning somebody started at least six threads within 40 minutes of joining, when you read them you'll understand where I'm coming from ...

I certainly agree with this.

My suggestion: I know of other forums (not related to GNR) that prevent newbies from starting threads for a specific period of time, usually at least a month. It's sort of like a probationary period to ensure the person joining isn't doing so with the intention of quickly disrupting the boards. Can we get the same feature for this forum?

This morning somebody started at least six threads within 40 minutes of joining, when you read them you'll understand where I'm coming from ...

This is an option I'm already exploring. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

This is an option I'm already exploring. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Agreed guys thank you - If we can, we should.

By the way, "Nazi Axl Spammer" is just that, a spammer, which ultimately if someones sad and lonely and they have time, they'll always find a way tio do it, so....?:shrugs: