What do you think is the most Spinal Tap moment of the whole Chinese Democracy Tour?

Randy Lahey

tough call... here are my top contenders...

* promoting your housekeeper to band manager. it's probably as close as he'll get to being managed by a girlfriend.

* the show where axl left and was replaced by sebastian bach and dancing midgets. at that point, there were literally no members of guns n' roses performing as guns n' roses.

* when they misspelled a band member's name on the tour shirts, but left it

* websites. if they'd have existed in spinal tap's time, theirs would have sucked just as much.

* opening up for the puppet show (wait until the 2021 leg of the CD tour)

RE: MSL...

i love MSL's recent conversion! reminds me so much of Kaneda, who used to have the same realistically critical, smart assed, funny view of GNR. then got close to the fire and changed his tune entirely. i know it's all speculation, but i think their experience was something like mine, and once they interface directly with Axl and the whole GNR debacle, they feel guilty and want to knock it off. not because they suddenly think their past opinions are invalid. if anything, it's the opposite... when they get a get glimpse behind the curtain, they see how sad, weird, and mentally unhealthy axl and hangers on are. to continue teasing them amounts to picking on a mentally handicapped person. and even more difficult, a mentally handicapped person that you used to admire and have some degree of respect for. so i think they feel the need to backtrack and bolster.

and i'm sure getting legal threats had a part too. unlike kaneda or my own pathetic need for ego validation from this community, MSL emotional defects led him to threaten people with illegal activity. who knows... maybe MSL got close enough to axl to see his own ugly, egotistical, needy characteristics reflected back at him, and was horrified by what he saw. either way, its' amusing as hell to me.

but the funniest part is watching him threaten legal action against message board members. how very extremely axl of him. lol.

MSL... please have your lawyers threaten me too. i think you're a crook who is hoarding stolen goods. please find me and sue me.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metalfan: How about a live album or a DVD? There's been a lot of touring with the new line-up have any of the shows been professionally recorded with the intention of being released at a later time?

Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal: If it was up to me we'd have live DVDs of every leg of every tour with backstage footage and interviews and funny moments, it would be like a dozen sequels to Spinal Tap, haha. Ah well...

Cut to MSL's response:

"Ron should know that there haven't been a "dozen" legs of the tour. More like 10 or 11. Backstage footage is not comparable to Spinal Tap, which is a fictional movie, whereas Guns footage would be real. Also a live Guns DVD would not technically be a sequel to Spinal Tap, unless it was directed by Rob Reiner and starring Michael McKean and Christopher Guest. Ron should learn to cupcake better."

* the show where axl left and was replaced by sebastian bach and dancing midgets. at that point, there were literally no members of guns n' roses performing as guns n' roses.

Actually, to be fair, Izzy was on stage for that one. Great to see you posting, HRS!

HRS, your reference to GNR's websites also reminded me of the time that gnronline.com (official site of the day) had GNR's 2006 Chinese Democracy Tour dates listed under the 2002 logo.

Edited by Randy Lahey

MSL... please have your lawyers threaten me too. i think you're a crook who is hoarding stolen goods. please find me and sue me.

You are entitled to think whatever you want. You've made it very clear they are simply assumptions on your part and not things that you're claiming to know for a fact. BBA has claimed repeatedly (both here and on other boards) that he knows for a fact that I am involved in some conspiracy to acquire prerelease copyrighted material intended for commercial release, which is not true. He knows it's not true. He says it simply in the hopes of causing me legal problems. He is knowingly spreading false information in an effort to harm me.

Should I not protect myself if he continues? Am I in the wrong for wanting to clear my name if he is maliciously lying about me specifically to cause me problems with a third party?

MSL - I'm just going off of what you have told me in confidence repeatedly. Did you decide to quit after your failed attempt at blackmailing the band with your pretend jump drive? I'm just curious.

When you talk to your attorney, please let him know that he can kindly spin on this also: *middle finger*.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

This is golden comedy! :rofl-lol:

I wonder when the "I'll fight you for 10 000 dollars" will come up again. :lol:

You are free to post whatever theories you wish. Base them on whatever past conversations we've had.

I do not care what your opinion of me is.

What I care about is you claiming as fact that I am currently engaged in activity that I'm not involved in.

Just be honest and there's no issue.

I am being honest. And there is still no issue.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I'm a fan of BBA's middle finger.

Harlot.

LOL, I don't think she realised what this sounds like. :rofl-lol:

Don't put too much into what she said. :lol:

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Harlot.

LOL, I don't think she realised what this sounds like. :rofl-lol:

Don't put too much into what she said. :lol:

I'm sorry it was explained to me in private that what I said was vulgar. I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to come across that way :ph34r:

lol, just another faux rebel. keeps claiming "middle finger" while also very carefully avoiding the language that he now realizes could have gotten him in trouble. my work is done.

MSL - By your own admission, I am claiming as fact that you are attempting to obtain and leak copyrighted material by pretending that you have secret GNR documents that you have admitted to me in confidence that you never had to begin with.

Hope this didn't blow your cover.

*middle finger*

Cut to MSL's response:

"Ron should know that there haven't been a "dozen" legs of the tour. More like 10 or 11. Backstage footage is not comparable to Spinal Tap, which is a fictional movie, whereas Guns footage would be real. Also a live Guns DVD would not technically be a sequel to Spinal Tap, unless it was directed by Rob Reiner and starring Michael McKean and Christopher Guest. Ron should learn to cupcake better."

Hahahaha! Best post in the thread though you forgot to include the part about challenging somebody to a wrestling match to prove his point beyond question! :lol:

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

So am I. :wub:

you liked your recent experience of a finger up yo ass?

It was nice, yeah.

lol, just another faux rebel. keeps claiming "middle finger" while also very carefully avoiding the language that he now realizes could have gotten him in trouble. my work is done.

I believe BBA! We all know he has insider knowledge and I think he's hit a little too close to home for your liking! :violin: