The begining of nu-GN'R - how it all started

Kohler

Slash probably wouldn't have talked about it if he wasn't asked about it. It's not like he just out of the blue started talking about GnR history......

Many people here seem too stupid to understand what you just said.

i thought slash turned the page on gnr after the hall of fame performance? :shrugs:

Remember what his best friend Marc Canter said? He lies...

Yes...he said he would move on and... We are here discussing one of those retarded comments by him. He cant live without mentioning Axl, he simply cant. Axl doesnt want to talk about those stupid things and mentions before interviews when he doesnt want to talk about it. This is what I call 'moving on'.

Just because Axl doesn't talk about it in public, doesn't mean he's let anything go. Btw, Marc said that too.

:thumbsup:

i thought slash turned the page on gnr after the hall of fame performance? :shrugs:

Yes...he said he would move on and... We are here discussing one of those retarded comments by him. He cant live without mentioning Axl, he simply cant. Axl doesnt want to talk about those stupid things and mentions before interviews when he doesnt want to talk about it. This is what I call 'moving on'.

You can call it "moving on" But in reality it's called fear to actually give an honest interview. What you might ask yourself is what is Axl afraid of? Slash is promoting his new record. I realize that being a fan of Axl's you might not be familiar with that concept but it is done very often when a musican makes new music. Of course being a fan of Axl's you are not familiar with that phrase either. When you do interviews with people like P. Morgan or H. Stern you cannot sensor what is ask. If you do you do get to do the interview.

That's actually not true at all. It's common practice to give an interviewer a list of topics that are off-topic. Slash has that option and he also has the option to decline to answer if the question is asked regardless. He isn't compelled to answer any question he doesn't want to.

I don't see why Axl would be "afraid" to talk about Slash. What is there to fear? Unless Slash has some mafia connections most are unaware of, there is nothing to "fear" in regards to speaking about Slash. Just as Slash would likely want to focus on his current band and album, perhaps Axl just prefers to focus on the current band and their touring efforts.

Ali

Just because Axl doesn't talk about it in public, doesn't mean he's let anything go. Btw, Marc said that too.

I know a handful of people who have met Axl, and every single one of them told me that, in private, Axl ranted about Slash at length. I believe HRS was one of those people and I'm sure he could relay the story again if he wanted to. But I've heard even worse from others. I think it's clear from some of his 'cancerous' comments (har, har) over the years that Axl is far from 'over' Slash. Just because he refuses to discuss it in interviews means nothing - and, if you'll notice, in some of those interviews (such as the LA Times one or whatever it was) the writer mentions that there were instructions not to talk about Slash/GN'R but Axl brought it up himself...

Just sayin'. Seems silly to accuse Slash of such a thing when Axl's quite guilty of it as well, and in fairness Slash (at least within the past few years) is always prompted by interviewers and doesn't seem nearly as bitter about it all anymore.

So did Slash show up at Axl's front gate or not sometime in the mid 2000s? In this interview he says the last time he talked to Axl was '96. But there seems to be some evidence he drunkenly rang the doorbell at Axl's crib and the two talked back in the mid 2000s.

Was the official story that he was drunk? This would have been during his relapse then, yes? So right after he recorded Contraband?

I remember when it happened but thought it was a bit later...like maybe '06 or something.

• Like 1

If you guys want to read the 2004 lawsuit that states that Axl was the one that left Guns N' Roses to start his new band "Guns N' Roses", here it is:

http://web.archive.org/web/20040612223614/http://celebrityjustice.warnerbros.com/documents/04/05/gnr.pdf

Hey look, page 3 says that slash, axl, and duff formed the original GNR. puts that argument to bed

I think there was a settlement of some kind, and in the end it was dropped. I think the question about it was brought in an interview a while and Slash noted that I guess legally he can't talk about it which is why you don't hear him say much about it.

Edited by grigori

It could be called avoidance too.

Marc Canter posted some pretty insightful stuff on the other forum and he bascially stated Axl has an unhealthy hate obsession with Slash so I would say Axl is the one who has not moved on....

Slash has released six albums since leaving Guns so I would say he has done a pretty good job moving on...

Slash does a lot of interviews to promote his music. In these interviews the interviewers ask the same tired questions about Guns and Axl. Slash has stated more than once he is sick of talking about the old days but he understands how to play the game so he answers them. Why should he not answer them because it might piss Axl off? a little late for that yes?

Marc Canter posted some pretty insightful stuff on the other forum and he bascially stated Axl has an unhealthy hate obsession with Slash so I would say Axl is the one who has not moved on....

Slash has released six albums since leaving Guns so I would say he has done a pretty good job moving on...

Slash does a lot of interviews to promote his music. In these interviews the interviewers ask the same tired questions about Guns and Axl. Slash has stated more than once he is sick of talking about the old days but he understands how to play the game so he answers them. Why should he not answer them because it might piss Axl off? a little late for that yes?

he also said axl wanted slash to play on some chinese democracy songs in 2001 or whatever sounded like axl tried to bury the hatchet but as marc said slash wasnt going to have any of that

Robin Finck, Josh Freese, Tommy, Dizzy and Paul could have been one of the best line-ups of GnR and Rock bands in general. Only 2 guitar players.

How can you manage to lose Robin Finck and Josh Freese and get Frank Ferrer and DJ Ashba as replacements. Why Axl? Why? The 2000 line-up would be HUGE.

he also said axl wanted slash to play on some chinese democracy songs in 2001 or whatever sounded like axl tried to bury the hatchet but as marc said slash wasnt going to have any of that

Yeah but what was the price Slash had to pay to play on the tracks? I believe it was publicly apologize to Axl for the slights Axl felt Slash did to him and Marc stated Slash did not feel he had anything to apologize for so not much of an olive branch from Axl.............

Yeah but what was the price Slash had to pay to play on the tracks? I believe it was publicly apologize to Axl for the slights Axl felt Slash did to him and Marc stated Slash did not feel he had anything to apologize for so not much of an olive branch from Axl.............

and to put it in some perspective, at that time slash was (i believe) still an addict, hadn't been active since snakepit (nor had much success with it), and axl probably thought GN'R would be a good leverage tool to get slash to apologize, etc. maybe that's cynical, but based on canter's comments, that seems to be what he's implying. it's like, "here, i'll let you rejoin the group that made you famous, and you can come back and record music with me again...but first you have to tell the world that you lied..." - obviously, regardless of where the truth may rest, slash - particularly at that point in time - didn't feel like he was that much in the wrong, so it was a rather silly idea to expect him to confess that he was a liar.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Slash probably wouldn't have talked about it if he wasn't asked about it. It's not like he just out of the blue started talking about GnR history......

Many people here seem too stupid to understand what you just said.

or many people full of hate towards Slash...

One thing that i cannot understand on these boards...

even if you can't understand why a musician would be asked about his most popular band during an interview, maybe you could just begin to accept it. if axl can make a career off playing slash's music, then surely slash should be allowed to talk about it.

It goes both ways. If you look at Slash's solo live album, 1/3 of the songs are GN'R songs. I'd say Slash's career has and is still benefitting from playing songs others have co-written.

Ali