The begining of nu-GN'R - how it all started

Kohler

the fact is that many people just hate on axl or slash, and regardless of the situation or the reality of that situation (such as the fact that piers was the one who brought it up, and slash was visibly uninterested in discussing the topic - as he was on howard stern mere days ago), they'll continue with the inane bullshit and name-calling.

many of these posters, such as angeles and volcano, partly do it just to rile up other posters - which is the effect it has, obviously - and by page 10 it's repetitive bullshit being argued back-and-forth that dates back many years and the actual topic of conversation is effectively buried.

seriously, though: for popular culture and the average person, slash always will be "the guitarist from guns n' roses," and he will be asked questions about the band for the rest of his life because at the end of the day, that's all anyone really cares about as far as the average mentality goes. just like when garfunkel's selling his latest solo record, the issue of a simon and garfunkel reunion will always be at the forefront. it's not their fault - and it's not even really the journalists' fault. they're just giving the people what they want.

I still think that we as fans should take the high road.

be the better men(and women).

don't take fucking sides.

it's so childish this whole deal.

the fact is that many people just hate on axl or slash, and regardless of the situation or the reality of that situation (such as the fact that piers was the one who brought it up, and slash was visibly uninterested in discussing the topic - as he was on howard stern mere days ago), they'll continue with the inane bullshit and name-calling.

many of these posters, such as angeles and volcano, partly do it just to rile up other posters - which is the effect it has, obviously - and by page 10 it's repetitive bullshit being argued back-and-forth that dates back many years and the actual topic of conversation is effectively buried.

seriously, though: for popular culture and the average person, slash always will be "the guitarist from guns n' roses," and he will be asked questions about the band for the rest of his life because at the end of the day, that's all anyone really cares about as far as the average mentality goes. just like when garfunkel's selling his latest solo record, the issue of a simon and garfunkel reunion will always be at the forefront. it's not their fault - and it's not even really the journalists' fault. they're just giving the people what they want.

I still think that we as fans should take the high road.

be the better men(and women).

don't take fucking sides.

it's so childish this whole deal.

i never said people should take sides, but that's the sad reality of the situation. and that's why axl's whole divorce analogy was actually perfect - this is the squid and the whale and one side is jesse eisenberg, unfortunately. who's jeff daniels: axl or slash? :tongue2:

This is spot on :thumbsup:

Before the banned members were given the ability to post again, I specifically remember a lot of these types of Axl vs. Slash arguments not nearly as prevalent these past few months. And now that certain members are back, they (in conjunction with a few of the perpetrators that were still here) have greatly increased this type of rhetoric here.

i thought slash turned the page on gnr after the hall of fame performance? :shrugs:

Remember what his best friend Marc Canter said? He lies...

Yes...he said he would move on and... We are here discussing one of those retarded comments by him. He cant live without mentioning Axl, he simply cant. Axl doesnt want to talk about those stupid things and mentions before interviews when he doesnt want to talk about it. This is what I call 'moving on'.

Has anyone here watched the clip posted above? Piers clearly is the one who initiated this conversation piece. And yeah Slash could just ask beforehand not to ask Axl questions yadda yadda yadda, but honestly I just do not see anything wrong with talking about it, and it was not the main centerpiece for the episode overall. Some of these comments just baffle me

It really is mind-boggling that people still don't understand how interviews work. Since some people are a little slow, let me provide a detailed breakdown. (Warning: this may get a little complex).

The interviewer asks a question, generally about a topic that the viewers are interested in. Now this next part is a bit complicated, but stay with me here. After the question has been asked, the interviewee generally thinks about the question that was asked, and then starts talking in response (we call this part, the answer).

If anyone needs further clarification, please let me know.

i thought slash turned the page on gnr after the hall of fame performance? :shrugs:

It certainly doesn't mean he can't talk about his past. The man accomplished more by the age of 30 than any of us forum turds ever will in a lifetime. People act like they never talk about their own lame past experiences, and never retell the same old story over and over to anyone who will pay attention, yet none of it can ever compare to Slash's history. The man is damn proud of what he's done, besides all the bullshit attached with it. He wants to talk about it , he's earned the right.

Yes...he said he would move on and... We are here discussing one of those retarded comments by him. He cant live without mentioning Axl, he simply cant. Axl doesnt want to talk about those stupid things and mentions before interviews when he doesnt want to talk about it. This is what I call 'moving on'.

Moving on is when he declined an invitation to the HOF

Izzy also boycotted the HOF just like Axl.

boy·cott/ˈboiˌkät/

Verb: Withdraw from commercial or social relations with (a country, organization, or person) as a punishment or protest.

Alright, show me one quote from Izzy that indicated his decision not to attend the induction was a boycott.

In fact, his official statement about the induction was the exact opposite of Axl's statement/protest:

"I have waited up to this point to see what would become of the GNR induction into RRHOF. I would like to say THANK YOU and GRACIAS to RRHOF for the acknowledgement of our works over the years as a band. BIG THANKS to all my bandmates who helped get us to where we are today. And, of course, THANK YOU to all of the people on this planet (including, but not limited to, the entire universe and beyond, etc., etc., etc.) who have supported Guns N' Roses from day one. Adios, Amigos!"

Just because Axl doesn't talk about it in public, doesn't mean he's let anything go. Btw, Marc said that too.

he was asked a question, he gave his side of it... whatever...

he can have an opinion, he was there, I wasn't... and he's definitely entitled to one, but what I can't stand is that he kept shoving coal into the furnace for a whole decade and now he's saying... oh, it's just the media being negative...but ffs... you gave the media all the ammunition in the world to talk shit about axl and make this feud even worse... if you'd shut up in the first place like izzy did and like duff did for the most part... things would be more civil at this point and you wouldn't get all the retarded nonsense involved with the axl vs. slash feud... so that's my opinion on the whole thing

We've heard Slash's side too many times. I'd love to hear it from someone that is 100% not biased.

Man, you ask for the impossible.

No one can be witness to an event or story and come out of it unbiased and devoid of skewed perspectives. Axl remembers things a certain way because that's how he saw them occur and the same goes for Slash, Izzy, Duff and so on.

Do they alter their memories to make themselves come off better from time to time? Of course, but who isn't guilty of such? It's human nature to interpret things as we view them and feel about them rather than let cold, hard facts speak their peace. We can't help it.

Quite frankly, we will never know the full truth of what lead to the dissolution of the Illusions line-up or the rift between Axl & Slash. The press hears more from Slash so they are more inclined to take his side. What else have they to go on? I'm not so quick to jump on his bandwagon, but I am also in no position to call bullshit. This story could be nonsense, could be the gospel.

Just another exhibit to add to the Gallery of Illusions...--

Contracts are part of business. GNR is Axl's business.

at 1991? i don't think so...

Has anyone here watched the clip posted above? Piers clearly is the one who initiated this conversation piece. And yeah Slash could just ask beforehand not to ask Axl questions yadda yadda yadda, but honestly I just do not see anything wrong with talking about it, and it was not the main centerpiece for the episode overall. Some of these comments just baffle me

this

why are you guys hating on Slash?

the GNR guitarist.

Why are people hating on Axl?

The GN'R singer.

It goes both ways you know

i'm not saying people should attack axl, but that is one of the worst comparisons you could have possibly made. :lol: if slash were the one touring as guns n' roses with a different lineup then it would be apt. in this case, whether he deserves the criticism or not, whatever criticism there is does deserve to be on axl because he's the gn'r singer who's touring without the gn'r guitarist - for comparison's sake.

Very good post.

So did Slash show up at Axl's front gate or not sometime in the mid 2000s? In this interview he says the last time he talked to Axl was '96. But there seems to be some evidence he drunkenly rang the doorbell at Axl's crib and the two talked back in the mid 2000s.

So did Slash show up at Axl's front gate or not sometime in the mid 2000s? In this interview he says the last time he talked to Axl was '96. But there seems to be some evidence he drunkenly rang the doorbell at Axl's crib and the two talked back in the mid 2000s.

In 2005 Slash visited Axl's house, but he wasn't allowed to see him so he gave Beta a note to give to Axl.

Never happened. He spoke to Beta. Not Axl

You can call it "moving on" But in reality it's called fear to actually give an honest interview. What you might ask yourself is what is Axl afraid of? Slash is promoting his new record. I realize that being a fan of Axl's you might not be familiar with that concept but it is done very often when a musican makes new music. Of course being a fan of Axl's you are not familiar with that phrase either. When you do interviews with people like P. Morgan or H. Stern you cannot sensor what is ask. If you do you do get to do the interview.