I MET AXL and AGAIN!

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to get into any argument about it, but how would she be able to crop your hand out of this picture?

By the way, I was answering someone's question, it wasn't a dig.

You're telling me every other one wasn't a dig? Cool.

Alright you two, kiss and make up. SS, just leave him alone. :thumbsup:

What time did he come out to sign autographs?

Anyone?

4:30AM on the dot!

Really cool SLAA, I'm happy for you.

Axl looks like he isn't losing any weight though. I think he's a big eater.

I also think it's the reason why his voice isn't like it was in 2006 or 2010.

I thought the opposite actually, he looks like he's lost significant amounts of weight, not to 2006 standards yet but he definitely looked skinnier and healthier than he did on the US tour I thought.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Really cool SLAA, I'm happy for you.

Axl looks like he isn't losing any weight though. I think he's a big eater.

I also think it's the reason why his voice isn't like it was in 2006 or 2010.

I thought the opposite actually, he looks like he's lost significant amounts of weight, not to 2006 standards yet but he definitely looked skinnier and healthier than he did on the US tour I thought.

Agreed. He looks better now than he did since his comeback or whatever you'd call it in 09/10, but his voice isn't as good. It is getting better again though, so hopefully it's as good as it was two years ago soon.

4:30? Gutted, I left at 4!

Yeah it wasn't long after you two left at all, we noticed Fernando and a few others hanging by the big shutter doors (so we guessed Axl hadn't left yet like we'd been told he had) looking over in our direction then they sorta disappeared a bit. Next thing you know here's Axl Rose making his way over the car park to speak to us with a small entourage. Say what you want about the new management, but the positive vibe in the GN'R camp since they took the reins is very tangible.

Ok greedy fuckers, how about you share him :lol:

My thoughts exactly! :lol: Don't wear him out before I get around to him next week <_<

Seriously though, I'm so happy for you guys! Jealous as fuck, but happy! He looks like he's in a good mood smiling in the pictures, always great to see him being happy :heart:

SLAA, I love that he wrote your name on the poster he signed.

Are we going to give it a try in Rotterdam and Monchengladbach? ;)

4:30? Gutted, I left at 4!

Yeah it wasn't long after you two left at all, we noticed Fernando and a few others hanging by the big shutter doors (so we guessed Axl hadn't left yet like we'd been told he had) looking over in our direction then they sorta disappeared a bit. Next thing you know here's Axl Rose making his way over the car park to speak to us with a small entourage. Say what you want about the new management, but the positive vibe in the GN'R camp since they took the reins is very tangible.

I blame my hot pants! Well done for your endurance, glad you got to meet him.

Screenshot2012-05-30at045653.png

That's a great picture. No hand to ruin it this time. Too bad he didn't smile, but otherwise it was great.

Yep! AND you can photoshop that guy in the back

7PwFL.jpg

Congrats SLAA. This is the kind of pic I was hoping you would get. You are kicking @$$!!!!

Screenshot2012-05-30at045653.png

That's a great picture. No hand to ruin it this time. Too bad he didn't smile, but otherwise it was great.

Yep! AND you can photoshop that guy in the back

7PwFL.jpg

Congrats SLAA. This is the kind of pic I was hoping you would get. You are kicking @$!!!!

You remind me of the woman from Jurassic Park. Very Hot.

4:30AM on the dot!

Thanks!!! :thumbsup: I'll be sure to wait around a LONG time in London on June 1st. Have to wait for trains to start going again anyway haha. Holy crap, I'm not into signing, I just would really love to have a photo of Axl Rose and I. It's a fucking dream to just shake his hand and thank him for all the inspiration and music he's given us.

Where did you guys wait for hours, how did you know to go there and how did you know you were in the right spot?

I'd really appreciate an answer, thanks :D

Find out where the band leaves the venue, pretty much wherever the tour buses leave and enter, then just hang around There'll probably be a bunch of other fans waiting so you'll know you're in the right place! :)

Anyone else think Axl seems to like tolerating GNR fans in other countries waayyyy more than US fans? He's taking time signing stuff for everyone, posing for pitchers, having a beer (is that a Stella?) backstage...meanwhile in the US he's getting into fights with the paparazzi and telling eBayers to fuck off. :lol:

His image took a serious hit because of the HOF thing, it shouldn't be a surprise that he's now trying to show he's not the bad guy he was made out to be last month (at least in the US). Hopefully the theft of his boots doesn't put an end to the aftershow appearances, that would be a shame.

I don't think he's doing it because of the HOF. If Axl really gave a shit what people thought of him he would've shown up for it, anyway. He's always been way more tolerant and patient with non-US fans for some reason. Yes, I know the paparazzi isn't the same in other countries, but still. I never heard ANY stories of Axl hanging out backstage after any of the US tours. I mean, he would stop and sign stuff, but he was nowhere near as personable as this. It seems like for the US shows he just wants to get the fuck out of the building and get to the club as soon as he can.

Amazing stuff. A hearty congrats, SLAA.

The reason Axl can't do this here is the dealers. In Philly, this is exactly how he was behaving, but he was mobbed by a pack of dealers and had to rush. Wen no one is there shoving 8 drum heads and 12 records in his face at once, it's a lot easier to be nice and patient. Glad to see him being such a cool dude on such a regular basis now, starting with the Up Close shows and now this. Class act, this dude is. You see any other rock stars of his caliber doing this night after night, on top of a 3 hour show? Fuck the assholes who say Axl doesn't care about his fans. They're wrong, and here's my proof.

I know the fans are different in the US, but dealing with eBayers is just part of the culture here. I know it sucks, and in no way am I defending assholes who want 30 things signed so they can sell them, but I just don't think those types of people should affect the way real fans are treated.

Edited by Cruel Intentions

SLAA is the sweetest person in the world and anybody giving her shit for being excited about meeting Axl is a proper card carrying cunt quite frankly!

Good 2 seeya Dazey,in rare form as usual :thumbsup:

Fightin' the good fight as usual buddy! :lol:

Anyone else think Axl seems to like tolerating GNR fans in other countries waayyyy more than US fans? He's taking time signing stuff for everyone, posing for pitchers, having a beer (is that a Stella?) backstage...meanwhile in the US he's getting into fights with the paparazzi and telling eBayers to fuck off. :lol:

His image took a serious hit because of the HOF thing, it shouldn't be a surprise that he's now trying to show he's not the bad guy he was made out to be last month (at least in the US). Hopefully the theft of his boots doesn't put an end to the aftershow appearances, that would be a shame.

I don't think he's doing it because of the HOF. If Axl really gave a shit what people thought of him he would've shown up for it, anyway. He's always been way more tolerant and patient with non-US fans for some reason. Yes, I know the paparazzi isn't the same in other countries, but still. I never heard ANY stories of Axl hanging out backstage after any of the US tours. I mean, he would stop and sign stuff, but he was nowhere near as personable as this. It seems like for the US shows he just wants to get the fuck out of the building and get to the club as soon as he can.

Not everyone thought that Jann Wenner's fuckfest of favorites is the Cat's Meow, I think it's overrated considering who got in and who has been left out ie: RUSH and Motorhead,BOC etc.

I like SLAA's enthusiasm,its refreshing.

SLAA is the sweetest person in the world and anybody giving her shit for being excited about meeting Axl is a proper card carrying cunt quite frankly!

Good 2 seeya Dazey,in rare form as usual :thumbsup:

Fightin' the good fight as usual buddy! :lol:

And you do it so eloquently, anybody slagging n' hating on SLAA is a self- absorbed,jealous little twat.

The ripple of excitement through the small crowd of us fans last night when we saw Axl is a good reminder of why we all follow this band. They can treat us all like shit, sometimes they can give us nothing for huge periods of time, but when we do get close to the band and when they do give something back to the fans, the passion is very clear. We shouldn't be criticising anyone for being excited when the band and Axl are as open and intimate as this; as fans who've faced multiple periods of total silence, rumours, lack of promotion and fan engagement, this is a sweet reward for putting up with the lot of it.