Best Decade For Music?

Haters Gonna Hate

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Len B'stard

70s, hands down. Birth decade of Punk, which on it's own makes it imperial but also it was the decade in which a lot of the weird out-there brigade really flourished, rock and roll was basically as good as it got, the best Stones albums were throughout the 70s, Lennons solo stuff, Hip Hop, the genre that ruled the coming decades was born in the 70s, Disco which had a fair bit of artistic integrity for a pop genre, came out of the 70s, some great avante garde stuff, Reggae was just exploding in the 70s and was just fucking beyond beautiful, positively bristling with new and amazing and unprescedented sounds. And all that Krautrock stuff really came into it's own in the 70s, Can and Kraftwerk and all of that. Brilliant decade really. I dunno, i dunno how exactly one is supposed to guage these sorts of things but, at least based on where my tastes stand at the moment, it has to be the 70s.

But it's all a load of bollocks really, each decade was AS brilliant as the next for different reasons. I like inventive music, forward thinking music, music that when you listen to it it's unclassfiable under a genre....70s was the best for all of that :) But then there was some absolute shite in the 70s too that a lot of the good stuff was a reaction to so, y'know, i think people feel this need to like, make a best and a worst so there's something there to deify and put up on a pedestal and look up to and ooooh and aaaaaah at but it's all mind games really, no one decade is better than the other, it's just all a mess, each of em, with the equally good and bad.

Edited by sugaraylen

really anything from 60's-80's were great and some of the early 90s was also good

but to me its the 1980's the golden age of heavy metal(minus all the godawful hair bands)

thrash metal exploded in the early 80s sabbath kicked ass with dio in the early 80s until he went solo and kicked more ass. ozzy put out some really good solo albums in the early 80s plus doom metal was starting to expand black metal was taking off with venom,mercyful fate,hellhammer etc

Mostly 90's but early 00's was really cool too.

That's my opinion too. I totally see why anyone would pick anything from the 60s to now though. Well, this decade just started but last decade.

Personally most of the music I like came out 1987, 88ish until nowish but more so 2008, 2009ish. Of course that could change the last couple years haven't been as exciting as 1987ish-2009ish though.

Guest Len B'stard
but I think the music scene in the seventies was a spectacle. I'd kill to be in that decade. Everything was so new and innovative, and there wasn't glam

Are you quite sure about that?

Early 90s, and then the last decade had some amazing music. This decade has started off fucking strong too but it's too young to comment on.

Like most decades though, avoid the charts, and you'll find awesome stuff - until your band hits the charts and you'll be all "they sold out bro! I've been a fan since day 1!" :P

It was a tough choice between the 60's or the 70's but had to go with the 60's as there was so much good music created back then by most of my favorite bands actually if I had a choice it would be the time between 1965- 1975...........

This.

Most of my favorite music comes from the '80s, but I think the music scene in the seventies was a spectacle. I'd kill to be in that decade. Everything was so new and innovative, and there wasn't glam. :P

The '90s were really cool, too. Very diverse.

Yeah I wish I grew up like in That '70s Show. It would be rad.

More importantly I wish I was Eric's neighbor to the right so I could come over and bang his slutty sister.