Opening acts eliminated from GNR tour

600x400_Music_GnrAussieTour0.jpg

"We are sad to announce that Axl Rose has been having trouble keeping to his curfews while on tour and as a result, all of the opening acts have been eliminated in an attempt to make the show shorter! lol!

We will no longer be playing tonight in Manchester or in London this Friday. UK....we will see you all at Download!!! \m/<_>\m/

Credit goes to John Bonham at GunsNFNRoses

People fucked over by Axl's lateness:

[x] Himself

[x] Fans

[x] *NEW* Opening acts

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see something horrible stemming from all of this:

-Promoters remove the opening act, but keep the time of the beginning of the show the same

-Axl stays backstage for the same amount of time, effectively leaving the fans waiting for upwards of 2 hours

-Dublin

But...uhm...it won't change anything...GnR won't start sooner so that's just stupid... :confused:

Promoters remove the opening act, but keep the time of the beginning of the show the same

lol yeah...This is going to get ugly...I think they thought this would be a good idea to pressure GnR but all it will do is make the crowd more hostile.

The stream is going to be interesting.

Edited by The Glow Inc.

But...uhm...it won't change anything...GnR won't start sooner so that's just stupid... :confused:

Exactly, which means fans will just have to wait longer without getting an opening act to appease them.

This. In fact, the difference between the start of the two Dublin shows (2010 and 2012) was the fact there was two opening acts this year, which meant Thin Lizzy finished later and as a result, the wait until Guns wasn't so bad for most people.

This is a stupid decision and could prove extremely detrimental to the tour.

One could say that. One could also say it'd be the most interesting thing to happen on the tour so far.

Bring on the riot videos! CoolFace.png

Recorded with 25 HD cameras CoolFace.png

I'm I the only that realises none of this makes any sense?

I agree, it doesn't make much sense. I doubt Axl is going to take the stage earlier, so why they would can an opening act is beyond me. If anything the openers would help take the edge off of the wait time. But then again I don't know why Axl has the crowd wait this long for some gigs anyway, so all of this is just strange

Edited by WhazUp

But then again I don't know why Axl has the crowd wait this long for some gigs anyway, so all of this is just strange

Because he can. It's a power trip...he could give a fuck how long people have to wait. Maybe his "manager" will straighten this all out. :rofl-lol:

But then again I don't know why Axl has the crowd wait this long for some gigs anyway, so all of this is just strange

Because he can. It's a power trip...he could give a fuck how long people have to wait. Maybe his "manager" will straighten this all out. :rofl-lol:

No need to be a smart ass. Also grow up.

I'm sure management is doing the best they can to make things work out smoothly.

One could say that. One could also say it'd be the most interesting thing to happen on the tour so far.

Bring on the riot videos! CoolFace.png

Recorded with 25 HD cameras CoolFace.png

:rofl-lol:

"This is going to fuck"

Edited by The Glow Inc.

600x400_Music_GnrAussieTour0.jpg

"We are sad to announce that Axl Rose has been having trouble keeping to his curfews while on tour and as a result, all of the opening acts have been eliminated in an attempt to make the show shorter! lol!

We will no longer be playing tonight in Manchester or in London this Friday. UK....we will see you all at Download!!! \m/<_>\m/

Credit goes to John Bonham at GunsNFNRoses

People fucked over by Axl's lateness:

[x] Himself

[x] Fans

[x] *NEW* Opening acts

So Thin Lizzy isnt playing either? This makes no sense