Opening acts eliminated from GNR tour

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact is a lot of those comments are spot on. These are honest opinions about what Axl does and has been doing since the 90's. Opinions of people who aren't blind GnR worshippers like a fair lot of people on here. I've heard the "well you know you can expect this when you go see GnR" argument countless times on here, but the fact of the matter is that most people aren't people like you and me who waste their time on a GnR fan forum tracking a band that (quite honestly) doesn't do much for their fans at all. Bla bla bla long shows bla bla bla touring. That's what artists do. To make money. That's the same as you or me going to work in the morning. A lot of (especially young) people depend on public transport to get home after a show. They don't all have money for hotels or whatever. A lot of them have school or work in the morning. Regardless they pay their hard earned cash to go see Guns n' Roses perform. The least Axl could do is appreciate all of that by showing up on time and not getting these people in to trouble.

I remember reading how much Duff hated it in his book. Even in the messed up state he was in he felt bad and ashamed. I think Slash wrote something similar in his book as well. I can't imagine the current bandmembers feeling any different. Much be a big strain on them too as they seem to love getting out there and being there for the fans.

I love GnR. I really do. But these insanely late starts have always bugged me.

My customers don't like it when I come to work whenever the fuck I feel like it.

Neither do GnR's. Do your freaking job.

Edited by username

My customers don't like it when I come to work whenever the fuck I feel like it.

This! I don't understand why it is so hard for him to take the stage earlier. Yeah, it's about "the energy and blaa blaa blaa", but c'mon! When you sing songs like Welcome to The Jungle and act like that, it's just silly. Don't be diva and kick ass even if you don't feel like. THAT'S rock'n'roll! Love the band and Axl, but I just don't get him.

Edited by jekylhyde

Axl's lateness cannot be harnessed nor contained! One cannot hope to change that which is unchangeable. It would be sacrilege at this point for him to show up uber punctually, nice n tidy all the time. Kneel ye at the altar, and repent thee transgressions most egregious, for Axl's lateness shall hath reap vengeance upon ye!

Edited by Popcorn's Snare

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I'm guessing 'opening' acts means the actual first act (those obscure bands that have been playing in Dublin etc to date) and that Liz remain on the bill as an almost 'co-headliner'? There's the capacity for ticket payers to sue because a few could be going completely for Liz and are thus at the overall show under false criteria if Liz aren't in fact performing.

Even the future of the UK tour is uncertain if 'draconian' rules are obligatory, Axl could cancel. But I do believe the GN'R/Liz tour parternership remains and GN'FN'R are spinning this small issue.

Kobra and the Lotus...saw this band open for SLASH in Toronto back in March.

**GASP**...let the conspiracy theories commence! :tongue2:

Anyway...no big loss people...honest.

They were unintentionally funny.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Fact is a lot of those comments are spot on. These are honest opinions about what Axl does and has been doing since the 90's. Opinions of people who aren't blind GnR worshippers like a fair lot of people on here. I've heard the "well you know you can expect this when you go see GnR" argument countless times on here, but the fact of the matter is that most people aren't people like you and me who waste their time on a GnR fan forum tracking a band that (quite honestly) doesn't do much for their fans at all. Bla bla bla long shows bla bla bla touring. That's what artists do. To make money. That's the same as you or me going to work in the morning. A lot of (especially young) people depend on public transport to get home after a show. They don't all have money for hotels or whatever. A lot of them have school or work in the morning. Regardless they pay their hard earned cash to go see Guns n' Roses perform. The least Axl could do is appreciate all of that by showing up on time and not getting these people in to trouble.

I remember reading how much Duff hated it in his book. Even in the messed up state he was in he felt bad and ashamed. I think Slash wrote something similar in his book as well. I can't imagine the current bandmembers feeling any different. Much be a big strain on them too as they seem to love getting out there and being there for the fans.

Well said, I agree.

600x400_Music_GnrAussieTour0.jpg

"We are sad to announce that Axl Rose has been having trouble keeping to his curfews while on tour and as a result, all of the opening acts have been eliminated in an attempt to make the show shorter! lol!

We will no longer be playing tonight in Manchester or in London this Friday. UK....we will see you all at Download!!! \m/<_>\m/

Credit goes to John Bonham at GunsNFNRoses

People fucked over by Axl's lateness:

[x] Himself

[x] Fans

[x] *NEW* Opening acts

The decision makes sense, to be fair.

Axl explained his lateness in his conversations with the forums.

But...uhm...it won't change anything...GnR won't start sooner so that's just stupid... :confused:

Exactly, which means fans will just have to wait longer without getting an opening act to appease them.

This. In fact, the difference between the start of the two Dublin shows (2010 and 2012) was the fact there was two opening acts this year, which meant Thin Lizzy finished later and as a result, the wait until Guns wasn't so bad for most people.

This is a stupid decision and could prove extremely detrimental to the tour.

It is a storm in a teacup

I am sure you are linked with the original poster and his forum. If so, give it up.

But...uhm...it won't change anything...GnR won't start sooner so that's just stupid... :confused:

Exactly, which means fans will just have to wait longer without getting an opening act to appease them.

This. In fact, the difference between the start of the two Dublin shows (2010 and 2012) was the fact there was two opening acts this year, which meant Thin Lizzy finished later and as a result, the wait until Guns wasn't so bad for most people.

I am sure you are linked with the original poster and his forum. If so, give it up.

Bravo Sherlock, but what does that have to do with anything?

Guest Broskirose

Yeah the other opening acts The Black Spiders and whoever else the other guys were, have all canceled as well. Doesn't really make sense from any standpoint. Wouldn't it make more senese to have more opening acts so the crowd doesn't have as long of a wait between sets?

Bravo Sherlock, but what does that have to do with anything?

Well, your forum is central to adjectives such as 'detrimental'.

In the real world, this whole saga is a big bag of 'whatever'.

Well said, I agree.

Exactly.

Is it just me or am I reading it wrong. From what I read it looks like this band have been dropped from the lineup for the remainder of the uk tour and they are simply making a joke that it's to facilitate Axl going on stage earlier. It's not coming from GNR and they were probably dropped for some other reason, right?

spot on mate

Is it just me or am I reading it wrong. From what I read it looks like this band have been dropped from the lineup for the remainder of the uk tour and they are simply making a joke that it's to facilitate Axl going on stage earlier. It's not coming from GNR and they were probably dropped for some other reason, right?

That's a legitimate interpretation based of the "lol" at the end. There could be other reasons, but this band is making a joke based off that. I think people are jumping in assuming that this was serious and the actual reason why this second opening act is being dropped from the tour.

Ali

Is anyone else concerned that because fans and arenas are becoming wise to Axl's antics (the posters etc informing fans to expect a late finish) that they are adjusting their expectations accordingly that Axl will see this as a green light to go on even later? I mean in Glasgow half the crowd were still outside the arena gone 10pm. It's not even seeming late anymore. When everybody arranges a lift back home at 1:30 Axl might think then that 10:30pm is on time and start being late from that point.