Opening acts eliminated from GNR tour

Is it just me or am I reading it wrong. From what I read it looks like this band have been dropped from the lineup for the remainder of the uk tour and they are simply making a joke that it's to facilitate Axl going on stage earlier. It's not coming from GNR and they were probably dropped for some other reason, right?

That's a legitimate interpretation based of the "lol" at the end. There could be other reasons, but this band is making a joke based off that. I think people are jumping in assuming that this was serious and the actual reason why this second opening act is being dropped from the tour.

Ali

I think so. In Dublin they started out with Lizzy only and then added another opener later.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or am I reading it wrong. From what I read it looks like this band have been dropped from the lineup for the remainder of the uk tour and they are simply making a joke that it's to facilitate Axl going on stage earlier. It's not coming from GNR and they were probably dropped for some other reason, right?

That's a legitimate interpretation based of the "lol" at the end. There could be other reasons, but this band is making a joke based off that. I think people are jumping in assuming that this was serious and the actual reason why this second opening act is being dropped from the tour.

Ali

I think so. In Dublin they started out with Lizzy only and then added another opener later.

No, the other band (The Balck Spiders) never ended up playing. The two gigs I was at (Nottingham - which was right after Dublin, and Birmingham) only had Lizzy then GN'R.

But...uhm...it won't change anything...GnR won't start sooner so that's just stupid... :confused:

Exactly, which means fans will just have to wait longer without getting an opening act to appease them.

Hahaha! I'm so glad I'm going on a Friday, the bar is open late and I couldn't give a shit about hearing CD!

But...uhm...it won't change anything...GnR won't start sooner so that's just stupid... :confused:

Exactly, which means fans will just have to wait longer without getting an opening act to appease them.

Hahaha! I'm so glad I'm going on a Friday, the bar is open late and I couldn't give a shit about hearing CD!

That really is the only good thing about starting off with that song. I hope they never it play it again after this tour.

This. In fact, the difference between the start of the two Dublin shows (2010 and 2012) was the fact there was two opening acts this year, which meant Thin Lizzy finished later and as a result, the wait until Guns wasn't so bad for most people.

This is a stupid decision and could prove extremely detrimental to the tour.

yeah this was just dumb this is going to get ugly

This decision doesn't make any sense. People have to accept that GNR will come on around 11pm, and plan their evenings accordingly. There are a number of things about Axl and New GNR that I have a problem with - this isn't one of them.

I'm guessing you've never tried to get home or back into London from Greenwich at 2am on a Friday morning then?

The decision makes sense, to be fair.

Axl explained his lateness in his conversations with the forums.

No he didn't! He made lame excuses, it's not the same thing! :rolleyes:

I got my tickets in the post today and it says on them "doors at 6:30" :lol: Hahahaha! Fucking hell, if I was a casual fan who didn't know what to expect and I had to wait four and a half hours in the arena paying their prices for beer I'd be fuuuuucking pissed! :lol:

Guest Gunns

I got my tickets in the post today and it says on them "doors at 6:30" :lol: Hahahaha! Fucking hell, if I was a casual fan who didn't know what to expect and I had to wait four and a half hours in the arena paying their prices for beer I'd be fuuuuucking pissed! :lol:

in more ways than one :rofl-lol:

Whatever. Who needs an opening act?

This is actually a pretty good idea if it's publicised. If they don't open the doors until 8:30 or so then you don't have people waiting for over four hours for the main act. :shrugs:

Phone the arena and ask them what time GNR is supposed to take the stage. They are usually pretty good about that with other shows. They should at least tell you that it'll be 10:30 pm or later.

Phone the arena and ask them what time GNR is supposed to take the stage. They are usually pretty good about that with other shows. They should at least tell you that it'll be 10:30 pm or later.

It's actually working out pretty well for me. London is a three hour train ride and I can't leave until after work at 5pm. Basically, if they were to start at a reasonable time there'd be no point in buying tickets.

Agreed.

Just get Axl to come on stage on time. You know, show a little professionalism.

I slept on the bus station floor after seeing the Stones. But I do that every night.

It did put a damper onnthings but it was worth it.

Did you pee your pants?

Whatever. Who needs an opening act?

The opening acts get their start by supporting big name artists, no doubt gnr did the same when they were a struggling unknown group. I know it can be boring to watch a group you've never heard of singing songs you've never heard before but remember they are also waiting for their big break. The best way to get that is to support a huge name group so at least promoters, journalists or general public might take notice.

I'm confused.. Kobra and Lotus announced that. But they were never announced as support this Friday. The Xcerts were.

Guns N' Roses 2012 UK Tour

Nottingham 19th May - Black Spiders

Liverpool 20th May - Black Spiders

Newcastle 23rd May - Black Spiders

Glasgow 25th May - Xcerts

Birmingham 26th May - Xcerts

Manchester 29th May - Kobra & The Lotus

London 31st May - Kobra & The Lotus

London 1st June - Xcerts

Looks to me like Kobra and Lotus could use a calender?

Edited by Jeez