Axl and Izzy played 14 Years and DEAD FLOWERS!! - London 31.5

Guest Gunns

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like an awesome show, woulda been cool to see if they busted anything else outta the ordinary out for the encore but hell, you gotta be content with Izzy making an appearance, and on as many songs as he did. :thumbsup:

Even if His Axlness did keep us until gone 2am in Manchester the other night with no thought for transport links. :xmasssanta: :P

Guest Gunns

14 years, yes! One of my favourite GnR tunes of all time!

The last time they played this song together...

yes, it's been a long time coming, hopefully it becomes a staple :(

I gotta say, while I'm excited to hear Axl and Izzy were on stage together, I'm a little miffed as it comes on the heels of no-showing the HoF.

I really wanted to see him play with Slash, Duff, and Adler.

Maybe he's doing it for the payday? I think I recall Axl saying the last time he came out and did a couple spots, he made a little green, no?

I thought the same.but Izzy doesn't think in those terms.Izzy is a true artist.he doesn't give a fuck.

all I'm saying is that between Axls band of dudes and GNR,Izzy takes no side.he's not that kind of guy.

but I have this feeling in my stomach about this.Izzy should have been at HOF supporting GNR.

Izzy, is no longer in GN'R but he played with GN'R today thumbsup.gif

today,let's just celebrate.

Guest Gunns

I can't wait to hear 14 Years, but it still kind of sucks that the highlight of this tour is Axl playing an old song with an old band member.

This is actually the greatest kind of highlight, nothing else would beat it.

i'd love to see axl n izzy performing Yesterdays, I think that would beat it!

I can't wait to hear 14 Years, but it still kind of sucks that the highlight of this tour is Axl playing an old song with an old band member.

This is actually the greatest kind of highlight, nothing else would beat it.

Playing Down by the Ocean with Izzy would have beat it for me.

It's always a cool treat when Izzy shows up.

I remember how cool it was when he walked out at the 4th Hammerstein show in NYC in '06...the place exploded!

Yes! I was there in the front of the rail! I swear Izzy threw me a wink. Fn epic night!

If (and only if) Slash was ever to join them on stage, how much of a "secret" do you reckon it would be? Everyone would know about it way before it happened - sometimes the surprise like this concert appearance when unexpected is better than knowing it's going to happen (like it was for Friday's concert).

If (and only if) Slash was ever to join them on stage, how much of a "secret" do you reckon it would be? Everyone would know about it way before it happened - sometimes the surprise like this concert appearance when unexpected is better than knowing it's going to happen (like it was for Friday's concert).

New GNR ends the day Slash walks out on stage. And Axl knows this so it will never happen.

good question with something like that i dont think good be a secret in todays day and age IMO