The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

rock3 Nice! I've got those two in my collection.

I just ordered Enter the Void and Oldboy on blu ray.

Excellent! What else is in your collection?... If you don't mind typing it all out. Blu rays are new to me, and besides what I ordered, all I own is Avatar.

Never saw Hot Fuzz, but definitely getting the Shaun of the Dead steel.

Would love to get the Riddick movies if I was absolutely sure that the steel for the next movie was going to go with the same art pattern, but knowing me, I'll cave and get them anyway.

Also, even though I own The Big Lebowski already in digibook form, I can't pass up that steelbook :) Might even swap out my regular versions of Scott Pilgrim to go with that steel as well.

Watching the Tarantino XX box set, even though I've seen most of the movies on Blu Ray. Wanted to see the bonus, 4 hours of critic roundtable, 2 hour overview of Tarantino's career, very little of Quentin actually in it.

It's a lot fun watching them again.

Only worth buying if you haven't bought any of the films on Blu Ray, and can get it at a really good discount.

Mine rung up correctly. You should go back and get them to adjust it to the advertised price. Legally they have to abide to it.

I even showed it to them on Target.com on my phone, they said they can't adjust the price. Target is a half hour away - not really worth worrying about it for a few bucks.

Impressed. It's not the best looking Blu-Ray I've ever seen or anything, but it's solid. I'm excited to check out the 5.1 when I'm home next.

My one huge gripe is, you guys know the in-film text (i.e. date, locations, synopsis, etc.)? The one for Daughtry, Texas in that second scene of the film is this nasty, muted amber color as opposed to the rich yellow of the opening scene, and opposed to the rich yellow used for Daughtry in the theatrical run. That will always bug the hell out of me.

Also annoyed that the disc autoplays with subtitles.

I really like this steelbook, but not sure if I want to pay $35+ for it...

$T2eC16hHJGQE9noMcSRJBR%28IYy0TU!~~60_3.

Impressed. It's not the best looking Blu-Ray I've ever seen or anything, but it's solid. I'm excited to check out the 5.1 when I'm home next.

My one huge gripe is, you guys know the in-film text (i.e. date, locations, synopsis, etc.)? The one for Daughtry, Texas in that second scene of the film is this nasty, muted amber color as opposed to the rich yellow of the opening scene, and opposed to the rich yellow used for Daughtry in the theatrical run. That will always bug the hell out of me.

I just checked out what you mean about the text for "Daughtry, Texas" and yeah, what the hell did they do that for?

Also, my disc didn't autoplay with subtitles.

I really like this steelbook, but not sure if I want to pay $35+ for it...

$T2eC16hHJGQE9noMcSRJBR%28IYy0TU!~~60_3.

I just checked out what you mean about the text for "Daughtry, Texas" and yeah, what the hell did they do that for?

Also, my disc didn't autoplay with subtitles.

<_<

Glad I'm not the only one who's bugged about the Daughtry caption though :lol: