The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

Prometheus and Life of Pi are great examples of fantastic CGI.

Picking up This Is 40 and the Les Mis steelbook tomorrow. Honestly, I wouldn't even buy Les Mis if there wasn't a steelbook :lol: But hey, for all I know, I'll like it. :shrugs:

gonna pick up life of pi wife wants it. Good flick?

It reminded me a little bit of Cast Away.

Haha kind of, yeah.

I really enjoyed it, GG. I would recommend it :)

Prometheus and Life of Pi are great examples of fantastic CGI.

Picking up This Is 40 and the Les Mis steelbook tomorrow. Honestly, I wouldn't even buy Les Mis if there wasn't a steelbook :lol: But hey, for all I know, I'll like it. :shrugs:

gonna pick up life of pi wife wants it. Good flick?

It reminded me a little bit of Cast Away.

Haha kind of, yeah.

I really enjoyed it, GG. I would recommend it :)

Thanks!

All the talk of the Hobbit made me go out and buy the LOTR extended version boxset...looking forward to seeing them again in HD this time, with more footage, as the last time I watched them it was on DVD and a 31" tube TV..

Also picked up the Sound of Music limited edition box set (250K copies, LOL) for the kids...only $26, got it today and looks like a beautiful package

All the talk of the Hobbit made me go out and buy the LOTR extended version boxset...looking forward to seeing them again in HD this time, with more footage, as the last time I watched them it was on DVD and a 31" tube TV..

Also picked up the Sound of Music limited edition box set (250K copies, LOL) for the kids...only $26, got it today and looks like a beautiful package

I enjoyed Sound of Music in Blu Ray way more as an adult.

Great movie but have to say I was surprised at how grainy the transfer was after reading all these glowing reviews on Amazon.

Not that it did not look good, and I should not have been surprised considering the age of the movie, but the way people gushed over it I was not expecting as much grain......It is an awesome movie and the kids loved it the other night.........

Great movie but have to say I was surprised at how grainy the transfer was after reading all these glowing reviews on Amazon.

Not that it did not look good, and I should not have been surprised considering the age of the movie, but the way people gushed over it I was not expecting as much grain......It is an awesome movie and the kids loved it the other night.........

It was there but it was still an improvement over the DVD, which I'd seen bits and pieces of. I heard the same complaints about Dr Zhivago, there's movies I was glad to hold off watching until they came out on Blu Ray. And there's times when I've played the DVD and Blu Ray of some movies, and couldn't tell much of a difference.

2vifeif.jpg

Just watched it. Looked great but I noticed some of the conversations were too low from time to time. There's a 20 min. doc about Starkweather on there, they really downplayed how evil he (possibly they) was. The 40 min. doc on the making of the movie's good, too.

"To The Wonder" is supposed to be out in theaters next month,and on video in a few months.

Malick's another one that takes years to roll things out like Axl...