Is it critical for Axl to have big hit songs on the next GNR record?

Randy Lahey

Is it critical for Axl to have big hit songs on the next GNR record? I often wonder if that is the reason why CD II hasn't come out yet. Releasing another album without hit songs is sort of like advertising that you aren't really GNR, and it would likely serve to do nothing more than further depress concert ticket sales in the US.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not.

GnR is now more about the fan base than the general public. Fans will enjoy a great album but there is no need for radio friendly mass appeal. Most music outlets such as radio/magazines and generally anything debating the issue has given up if they cared to start with. Not that I think it matters that much.

I would argue they need an album that truely shows the talent in the band. I think to do this they need a heavier album. That's really my hope.

The current market place is nowhere near what GnR exploited. They have to adapt to it for any kind of mainstream success, do they care about that?...... I doubt it very much

i was expectin something way more experimental than chindem. something along the lines of nin's the fragile you know? a masterpiece, long, epic and experimental.

cd is filled with generic stuff that could be a hit so if they keep the same vibe, and actually promote it this time, we might get some hits on a possible new album. i doubt it though.

won't make any difference, gnr is all about nostalgia nowadays. the tours will get some success and everythinb will be ok for axl. selling records is not a big issue anymore.

I see the danger in being that they release another dud track like Chinese Democracy as a single; thus further damaging the brand's reputation in America.

that song was a top 5 hit in america though, even without any cooperation from the band.

Top five hit on the pretend charts and also a real pile of shit!

I see the danger in being that they release another dud track like Chinese Democracy as a single; thus further damaging the brand's reputation in America.

that song was a top 5 hit in america though, even without any cooperation from the band.

ur opinion...

Is it critical for Axl to have big hit songs on the next GNR record? I often wonder if that is the reason why CD II hasn't come out yet. Releasing another album without hit songs is sort of like advertising that you aren't really GNR, and it would likely serve to do nothing more than further depress concert ticket sales in the US.

Where would you know Axl hasn't got any hit song on his vault?

ur opinion...

Indeed!

With his fans and media. It's a nice way to say: "look, I'm still going. I can make amazing shit with these guys".

the media will shit on him no matter what.

most fans won't care about new music no matter what.

failing to see what's critical about having a big hit. GNR is twenty years past their prime. new hits are not going to change much.

thats your best post in quite some time, man.

you basically said everything, no matter what they do, gnr will be irrelevant. i guess everybody needs to accept that gnr is out there to have fun and make casual fans happy and everything else is on hold or will never happen.

yeah i keep trying to tell people this. better went to #3 on the hot tracks and i.r.s a leaked demo hit the top 50 how many bands can say a leaked demo version of a song hit the top 50?

Edited by bran

10) This is a GNR FAN Forum, members should keep this in mind when posting. Do not bash GNR

That rule doesn't apply in the context of his comment, it's an opinion on a specific track.

Do I need to give a link to dictionary.com ???

10) This is a GNR FAN Forum, members should keep this in mind when posting. Do not bash GNR

Coming from a GnR fan of over 25 years it is my opinion that Chinese Democracy is a steaming pile of turd on an otherwise pretty decent album!

Coming from a GnR fan of over 25 years it is my opinion that Chinese Democracy is a steaming pile of turd on an otherwise pretty decent album!

Reported based on rule 10. Keep going Mr, you want another?

It's a great big pile of poo! :P

Edited by Dazey

You have no idea of the shit storm about to descend on you Mr, keep an eye out, when and where you will not know. Then blammo, report Ninjas mother fucker.

You have no idea of the shit storm about to descend on you Mr, keep an eye out, when and where you will not know. Then blammo, report Ninjas mother fucker.

Watching em' like a Shithawk!

axl had big hit songs with the chinese democracy record. the hit songs being robin's better. bucket's if the world. robin's & bucket's twat. robin's street of dreams. bucket's prostitute. and robin's TIL. but axl never released them as singles

Edited by finck6