Soul Monster

wasted

How can Axl not be anxious to release his favorite track?

That's what I'd really like to know as well...

I seriously wish Axl would put out like, 3 Albums worth of kickass music, all at once.

Just drop a massive "Fuck-You, World.......", Tactical Nuclear Weapon and completely blow everyone in The Universe away!!! :thumbsup:rock3

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time I hear the Sabbath comparison I instantly think of Bach calling Sorry doom metal. Sorry is fucking tame. I know this is Axl saying it and not Bach but I don't trust descriptions.

Maybe someday the song will leak, hopefully.

Sorry is very doom metal.

What?

a slow ballad is doom metal?

i'm outta here

Doom metal is an extreme form of heavy metal music that typically uses slower tempos, clean vocals with occasional growl or scream, low-tuned guitars and a much "thicker" or "heavier" sound than other metal genres. Both the music and the lyrics intend to evoke a sense of despair, dread, and impending doom.

-wiki

Every time I hear the Sabbath comparison I instantly think of Bach calling Sorry doom metal. Sorry is fucking tame. I know this is Axl saying it and not Bach but I don't trust descriptions.

It's only been recently that I've even begun to be able to listen to "Sorry" without this statement in the back of my mind.

I think it sounds like a grunge Don't Cry.

you've heard the unreleased chinese democracy track called soulmonster?

No, I was making a very serious point about Sorry. One day I just realized this isn't much diff to Don't cry. It seems very Floyd to me. Poles Apart.

Soul Monster sounds like it has great energy. Maybe like Paranoid.

No, I was making a very serious point about Sorry. One day I just realized this isn't much diff to Don't cry. It seems very Floyd to me. Poles Apart.

oh. what does paranoid sound like?

http://youtu.be/QQBttKoetqo

Oh, I dunno, kinda like that...

All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy

Da da

Chinsese Democracy and everything in it are a goddamned masterpieces! But anyhoo, anyone know what's the story of Silkworms? Didn't want to start a new thread just for this so I'll just throw it here. Any information about the song, like to who is the pussy filled with maggots that Axl sings about? And what's the deal with the lyrics and then the mellow samples of beautiful music in the beginning and in the middle? I do like this song for some reason, I love how Axl sings "what can I dooo" in that Rock in Rio III clip. But the lyrics aren't really that great. It's very weird song.

Nothing New GN'R has done has impressed me (with the exception of Better and ITW) so I doubt this is anything epic.

well. better is impressive. why? better is impressive because of mr. robin finck. maybe mr. robin finck is killer and EPIC on soulmonster

p.s. great guns n roses HOF pic. slash. duff. steven. matt sorum

Sorry is one of the few focused and straightforward tracks on Chinese. A grungy sabbath riff and a simple blues solo by Buckethead. Doesn't sound like it took ten years to record it.

buckethead is AWESOME on sorry