meh, Estranged is the best thing they ever did..

SunnyDRE

coma will always be my favorite

I like Coma far more than Estranged, but Don't Damn Me will always be my favorite.

thats the song im listening to right now :thumbsup:

love dont damn me

coma will always be my favorite gnr song the live version from chicago is the best, slash breaks a string at the beginning and just keeps going

I like Coma far more than Estranged, but Don't Damn Me will always be my favorite.

love dont damn me

coma will always be my favorite gnr song the live version from chicago is the best, slash breaks a string at the beginning and just keeps going

That is a great version. I have always wished that they would have played DDM live. Just once would have been nice.

love dont damn me

That is a great version. I have always wished that they would have played DDM live. Just once would have been nice.

i know it sucks they havent :(

love dont damn me

i know it sucks they havent :(

Maybe Slash couldn't do it live? They should try it now with the current lineup, they can definitely play it. It's one of my top five GN'R songs. It might be too hard to sing, though. Not much breathing there.

lol why did this deserve it's own thread?

why not?

because if everyone made a thread on what they think the best song is this place would be a shithole.

and pretty much everyone knows estranged is the best gnr song anyways.

This place already is a shithole... just kidding :D

But yeah, almost everybody thinks Estranged kicks ass, so I don't get this thread. Though, it's always cool to talk about this song.

:blink: Coma is perhaps the one song that can get away with the dialogue and sound effects. I think it works perfectly with the song. Coma is a flawless tune and one of the only tunes I can listen to over and over all day, really. I'd be more sad if Coma was deleted off of my iPod by mistake than if everything off of my iPod was deleted except Coma.

Estranged is perfect, too. I love the vocals on it (particularly the "I see the storm is getting closer" stuff), but for me, Slash's riffs in the first half are what really make the song. The whole song is great, and I generally prefer the second half, but I don't know, those riffs are just heart-stopping. My favorite guitar from any song ever.

I only slightly prefer Coma to Estranged because Estranged is just a depressing song and Coma is a depressing song with a hopeful ending.

• Like 1

Moreover, if your favourite GNR song is Estranged, you're more likely an Axl fan and probably a fan of the newer iterations of GNR than those who do not hold Estranged in high regard.

I guess, I am an Axl fan, but still more a fan of songs like Nightrain, Mr. brownstone and such. I don't agree with your statement, why even mentioning that? However I do hold Estranged in high regard currently (never did in the past) mostly cause of Slash's solo.

It is possible to like all.

Estranged and Locomotive are my favourite GNR songs. This really makes me want to rate UYI2 as my favourite GNR record especially considering YCBM, Civil War and Pretty Tied Up but Get In The Ring, Shotgun Blues, So Fine, the ending part of Breakdown, My World and Don't Cry alternate I just can't stand.

TBH though, I'm sure if CD II gets released and isn't raped by Ashba, I'll prefer one or two songs on that album to Estranged.

If Blood In The Water is real, Estranged can fuck itself.

lol. The level of immaturity hit red.

Edited by izzydoezit

Slash gets the guitar right

and Axl gets the lyrics right

song flows

best thing the band ever did..

Estranged is my favorite GnR tune, especially the 2nd part of the song. Funny thing is I didnt really get into the song until I was much older, I guess having been through a few relationships the song meant more to me. but i would agree with another poster that SCOM is probably their best work especially radio-friendly-wise

Im not trying to be offensive or anything but honestly the whole "this is in the wrong section" whenever someone talks about the classic line up or in this case a song is ridiculous. They're constant threads about Fink and Bucket or people that are no longer in the band and that seems to be OK. But talking about the songs or the members that made GnR what it is today is like blasphemy and should only be talked about in a section that no one looks at. Obviously this person wanted to talk about Estranged and it being GnR's best work, what's wrong with putting that in a section where people are more likely to see it?