Your favorite Axl Rose quote

Madridista

Over the years, Axl Rose has given us plenty of amazing quotes, either from interviews or from rants. What are some of your favorite Axl Rose quotes?

Mine is:

Life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending

I think it is a very powerful thing to say. You know, I think we've all been taught to expect our own happy endings in life. It's like, you're going through some rough times and part of you kinda hopes that it'll all be ok and that things will be just fine, because hey... this is my life and I'm the hero of this movie or the main character in this film called my life. But hey, it doesn't always happen. And yes, life doesn't owe you a goddamn thing.

Great quote, Axl. A real eye opener.

Edited by Madridista

Over the years, Axl Rose has given us plenty of amazing quotes, either from interviews or from rants. What are some of your favorite Axl Rose quotes?

Mine is:

Life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending

I think it is a very powerful thing to say. You know, I think we've all been taught to expect our own happy endings in life. It's like, you're going through some rough times and part of you kinda hopes that it'll all be ok and that things will be just fine, because hey... this is my life and I'm the hero of this movie or the main character in this film called my life. But hey, it doesn't always happen. And yes, life doesn't owe you a goddamn thing.

Great quote, Axl. A real eye opener.

What I find interesting about that quote is that it came from Axl himself. Some might wonder if he'd be willing to apply such a belief to himself (could list the evidence, but not really looking to debate the issue - just saying).

Cheers,

Andrew

i loved axl quotes from his young days when you could see a fire burning inside of him, his recent quotes are a sad sight of a bitter old man who acts like a big child.

You are mistaken - if anything, he's become more mature, wise and interesting, imo...

Favorite old Axl quote - "Take that! Hey, take that!...I'll take it god damn it!...BAM...Well, thanks to the lame ass security, I'm going home!"

Favorite new Axl quote - "Life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending"

Edited by The Archer

good times when axl said more insightful things than "be bitter, stay angry", "are you listening to me security man?"

axl was such an interesting human being in his 30's.

You're a bundle of laughs aren't you? dry.gif

Thought the thread was to give your favourite Axl quote, not to moan about how boring you think he is. :thumbsdown:

I can relate with this in so many ways

Everything he says in that video is just perfect :wub: I love it. My avatar is from that clip :lol: (thanks again Gunsguy!)

Other than that my favorite is the one I have in my signature. I also really love the "life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending". Couldn't agree more. It's hard to chose though, he's said so many great things over the years.