Sorry

wasted

In the live show Axl's performance really brings this song alive. All his facial expressions and vocal intonations, plus he really works the stage for this one really make a great addition to the GNR set. Also, great solos and general ambience is cool.

Edited by wasted

I love... i mean I LOVE i cant get enough of the last verse/part of the song... how he pushes his fist into the chest... man, amazing drums from frank and guitar work from bumble... bumble singing adds a lot for me personally, i hope he gets a chance to "shine" in the next album :thumbsup:

a bit offtopic, but, i just watched it after the sorry video

wow, the jam before Madagascar is amazing

Edited by AGS

I think the song comes off really well and powerful live, I think it's a song where everyone kind of shines and has a particular part to play. DJ does a better job on the solo than I ever thought he would, though I think Richard probably would've been the right guy for the job if it couldn't be Bucket. I would love for them to bring out Baz sometime to do backing vocals, that would be killer. My one biggest gripe is, one of my favorite things about the studio version is Robin's acoustic guitar, and I wish someone was playing an actual acoustic up there. That's such an integral part of the song for me...

Edited by TiedHands

it's kind of like the start of new phase of songs after the opening 4 rockers. It has such a warm and different sound to most GNR songs it's hard to say what song it would come after best. I play Scraped and Sorry on my iPod, that seems to work really well.

When I would read all the setlists of the tour for the album and eventually Sorry, Maddy & TIL became the consistent staples in addition to the singles, I was a little disappointed as I never considered them to be any of my favorites from the album.

But when the tour finally came to my country and I got to go to some shows, I finally understood why those songs were being played live every night. The live versions are great and bring the songs to life in a way that feels very different from the studio versions. Now Sorry is one of my favorite songs on Chinese after three years of it not being one of my favorites. It's one of the highlights for me when I watch my DVDs of the three iPPVs.

When seeing something live it's a whole different animal. That's why I dimiss anyones opinions if they have not been to a show and use youtube to backup their claim.

I was at this show, dead center and close to front row of the lower bowl.

As big of a fan as I am, I admit I was nervous the people I brought would say I wasted their time due to all the solos and 'unfamiliar material', "Where's Slash and what's with the top hat-like-hat on the new guy?", etc.

Well, I was the only one of the four of us to get up the entire three hours (piss break during Dizzy's solo).

During Sorry, specifically, was when I thought "okay, here's where the show either continues to kick ass for the people I brought or it's where they get bored."

My friends obviously dug it, but the coolest thing happened during Sorry. A couple rows behind me, I heard this exchange between two people:

"What the hell is this?"

"I don't know, but it kicks fucking ass!"

It was at that moment I realized even if the crowd sits down during the CD songs, most are absorbing. Doesn't mean they don't like it.

Edited by MarlaHooch