Inner friend groups in GnR right now

Cosmo

Considering the fact GnR has 8 members, there must be inner friendships inside GnR. For instance, Ron could be a closer friend to Ashba than to Dizzy, or something like that. What are the inner friend groups in GnR? Who do you think is more intimate with who, based on the info we have?

Richard and Frank are good friends; Richard got him the gig in GnR. Those two and Tommy all come from similar scenes, so they probably get along well, not to mention that they comprise the rhythm section together

Axl and DJ probably share some sort of common bond given their similar backgrounds (both had rough childhoods growing up in small towns in Indiana)

Bumble, Pitman and Dizzy from most reports are friendly and gracious. I imagine that the band as a whole gets along well. Far cry from the 2000-2003 lineup which, while amazingly talented and diverse musically, seemed to be divided in a bunch of little cliques

Edited by shotgunblues1978

I imagine that the band as a whole gets along well.

Could you please provide a citation that backs up your opinion that the 'band' "gets along well"? I happen to know that Ron can't stand DJ. So, I'm curious to learn more about your verifiable citations that suggest that the "band" gets along well.

Could you please provide a citation that backs up your opinion that the 'band' "gets along well"? I happen to know that Ron can't stand DJ. So, I'm curious to learn more about your verifiable citations that suggest that the "band" gets along well.

How do you "know" this? Do only other people have to provide citations or are you included as well?

I've always had that feeling. How'd you find this out?

Do you understand the meaning of the word "imagine?" If not, look it up:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/

You're welcome.

Could you provide a link/evidence of the claim you're making about Ron hating DJ? If not, you're engaged in the act of defamation (aka slander/libel) and may be subject to legal action. Those are some pretty serious allegations so you'd better be prepared to back them up.

You're welcome.

Could you provide a link/evidence of the claim you're making about Ron hating DJ? If not, you're engaged in the act of defamation (aka slander/libel) and may be subject to legal action. Those are some pretty serious allegations so you'd better be prepared to back them up.

He is wrong. He does not know shit. As far as I know they're good friends and Ron loves DJ. They interact a lot on and off stage. Ron said that the band gets along pretty well and he really likes DJ. They hang out when the band is not on tour. They hung out at NAMM this year, by the way. The same source that told BBA that Ron left Guns told him that he cant stand DJ. BBA is lying again, and frankly, until someone does some legal actions to prevent him from lying and spreading bullshit he will never stop, and his cupcake friends will spread the (false) word even more.

First we had the lies about him emailing Axl and complaining about DJ getting more money than him. Then he had to shut down rumors that he left the band and that was at least twice. Now BBA claims that he cant stand DJ and I really doubt any of Ron's friends would ever mention anything about Ron's personal life to BBA. He is a liar, a fkn liar. And he is the worst cupcake ever. Ron doesnt even need to read these retarded threads to deny these lies, we all know BBA is a liar anyway.

DJ is close to Ron

Richard is close to Frank

Frank is close to Ron

Axl is close to DJ

That's what I think though.

You're welcome.

He is wrong. He does not know shit. As far as I know they're good friends and Ron loves DJ. They interact a lot on and off stage. Ron said that the band gets along pretty well and he really likes DJ. They hang out when the band is not on tour. They hung out at NAMM this year, by the way. The same source that told BBA that Ron left Guns told him that he cant stand DJ. BBA is lying again, and frankly, until someone does some legal actions to prevent him from lying and spreading bullshit he will never stop, and his cupcake friends will spread the (false) word even more.

First we had the lies about him emailing Axl and complaining about DJ getting more money than him. Then he had to shut down rumors that he left the band and that was at least twice. Now BBA claims that he cant stand DJ and I really doubt any of Ron's friends would ever mention anything about Ron's personal life to BBA. He is a liar, a fkn liar. And he is the worst cupcake ever. Ron doesnt even need to read these retarded threads to deny these lies, we all know BBA is a liar anyway.

DJ is close to Ron

Frank is close to Ron

Axl is close to DJ

I remember that. Must be so annoying for him having to actually spend time denying things like this because people keep spreading all these lies.

At the shows I was at Ron and DJ seemed to have a great connection, they joked around a lot. If Ron doesn't like DJ he sure hides it well.

It's hard to say who gets along best with who, but like many have already said DJ and Axl seem to have some sort of connection.

Could you please provide a citation that backs up your opinion that the 'band' "gets along well"?

Not really what you ask for, but this is the closest I could find. Here's a few 2011 quotes from Tommy regarding Dj which also suggest that the general mood of the band has improved compared to before.

I think he fits in really well. Not to diss Robin Finck or anything, but DJ’s a better fit because Axl and him really get along really well. The stage vibe is a lot lighter and more festive. It’s not like we’re grinding out a set. It’s more fun [60 Memphis, November 2011]

The addition of Dj helps [with the mindset of members during the tour] -- him and Axl have a pretty good relationship [LA Weekly Blog, December 21, 2011]

And please spare us for more of your detrimental cooked-up "rumours" and "insider information".

Edited by SoulMonster

Seem like a pretty tight group overall with Axl-Dj, Axl-Dizzy- Chris and Tommy-Richard-Frank all being super-tight little groups "inside the group" IMHO. I can imagine Bumble's the type of guy who's on good terms with everybody. Meanwhile- not sure they're "best best friends" or whatever- but Axl and Tommy seem to have a pretty strong and unique relationship too built on mutual respect for the careers they've had in music and 14+ years of being in Guns together...

All part of the reason that I'd love to see THIS line-up record an album...

You're welcome.

DJ is close to Ron

Frank is close to Ron

Axl is close to DJ

I remember that. Must be so annoying for him having to actually spend time denying things like this because people keep spreading all these lies.

At the shows I was at Ron and DJ seemed to have a great connection, they joked around a lot. If Ron doesn't like DJ he sure hides it well.

It's hard to say who gets along best with who, but like many have already said DJ and Axl seem to have some sort of connection.

Agreed. I got the privilege to hang backstage with Ron and DJ, they got along just fine. BBA doesn't know. He pretends, and wants us to fall for his lies. Na! :popcorn:

it

You're welcome.

The problem is not that BBA talks out of his ass and spreads rumours about the band, the problem is that people pay attention to all the shit he says. The best we could do is act as if he didn´t exist and ignore him.

Richard, ron and tommy live near NYC i think so they probs hang

Last I was aware, Richard lives in Missouri. That isn't "near" NYC.

Could you please provide a verifiable citation that shows all three members (that you mentioned) live "near" NYC? I'm not sure if you are misinformed or if you are deliberately trying to mislead others in to believing that these guys hang out more than they actually do.

Please provide said citation. Thanks.