Would you want the next album as it already was recorded or...

WhazUp

I don't really give a shit, I just want the next album.

Yep.

Since I haven't heard the album "as it already exist" it is impossible for me to give an opinion as to what I would prefer. If the band thinks the songs should be improved/changed/added to, then I trust they know better than ignorant me.

If the band thinks the songs should be improved/changed/added to, then I trust they know better than ignorant me.

Based on what? If anything CD was a perfect example of them not knowing better.

If the band thinks the songs should be improved/changed/added to, then I trust they know better than ignorant me.

That's your opinion.

I want a record with THIS band. A band that I can go and see live playing THEIR songs.

Edited by Jeez

That's your opinion.

I want a record with THIS band. A band that I can go and see live playing THEIR songs.

Nah, it's a fact, I'm right, you're wrong blahdeblahdeblah!

Oh? I think CD contained a couple of great songs.

A couple? I'd say it had about 10 or 11 great songs. :shrugs:

Oh? I think CD contained a couple of great songs.

A couple? I'd say it had about 10 or 11 great songs. :shrugs:

I guess I am just not as big a fan of CD as you are.

It's one of my absolute favourite albums I just think the addtional tinkering from what we've heard between the original leaks and the final release didn't add sufficiently to justify.

It's one of my absolute favourite albums I just think the addtional tinkering from what we've heard between the original leaks and the final release didn't add sufficiently to justify.

I never listen to the demos anymore, so I guess I am happy with the released songs as they are.

I would really prefer it that the Bucket/Brain/Robin version of 'cd2' is released untouched, but I'll take anything.

Beggers can't be choosers.

To be honest, I'll be really upset if I won't ever get to hear the Bucket/Brain/Robin version, but it's not like I won't buy it if it features the current line up too.

with additions from DJ, Bumble, and Frank?

I personally have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, if the music is finished there is no real need to overdub Bucket or Finck's solos simply just to add on a current member, but I can also imagine being a person in the band and wanting my work on at least some things on the album so I have something to show for my time in GNR.

I would like to see the songs left as is, but maybe a few completely new songs written by the new lineup featured on the album as well - that way we get the best of both worlds

Well, they all have to play the songs live, but I think Finck's relationship with GNR's fine so if they give him credit for ChiDem era stuff, it's no big deal. We don't know what the agreement is on songs that have been recorded. Some people register their unreleased songs, as far as we know, what hasn't been released isn't registered, but the dates they were composed and recorded can be easily proven.

He might not want to release most of it, and just dole it out over other releases, and just have mostly new songs the band came up with, and a few older ones. Or - because you can make songs any length you want, and now have to consider ways to package music via digital downloads and apps as much as CDs now, could wind up putting a lot of it out at one time. Vinyl and CDs are prob. Axl's preference of how he wants people to hear the music, but now he has to think about using the digital medium to package the music.