The Walking Dead (Season 3) Discussion Thread *SPOILERS WITHIN**

bran

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feels like the antithesis of SOA at this point.

SOA's last season was all over the fuckin' place and really exciting. Important characters killed off, plot twists every other episode, revelations, surprises, pretty cool. They pissed a lot of fans of by killing certain characters but it was really ballsy of the writers.

The Walking Dead on the other hand, well...

This episode was absolute garbage.

The writing was awful, and it was one of the worst midseason premiere I've ever seen.

They killed all the tension of the closing scene of the midseason finale in about thirty seconds, with Rick and Maggie somehow being able to magically get Daryl and Meryl out of the fighting ring against every armed guard in Woodbury.

They also just lazily skipped over every dramatic arc they possibly could. They set up some serious drama with the zombies entering Woodbury, and then all of a sudden the zombies were dead, and Andrea made a horribly written speech and now everyone is cool again? Why not build on that drama?

Daryl's leaving scene was kind of weak too. I really didn't feel anything when he took off with Meryl, and again there was no drama. It was just 'Yo, I'm leaving' 'Alright, cool'.

And why the fuck is Rick insane again? Seriously? There are so many other plot points and canons they can focus on, but they're pulling out the ghost wife bullshit?

New season began last night and it was awesome!

The actors are go good sometimes I forget about the zombies until one comes up groaning and trying to eat them lol The human storylines are what drives this show. Rick is a mess and seeing things, which is not good. I think Glenn is going to step up big time in making decisions since Rick is going crazy. I hope Hershel can find some anti-dressants somewhere, we're going to need them. Daryl left to be with Merl and that sucks. The Governer is just plain crazy and Andrea is taking care of business in the town. Meanwhile, the world still gets deadier and deadier and with no real end in sight, it's hard to stay positive sometimes. I commend the actors for making this show a must see everyweek.

This episode was absolute garbage.

The writing was awful, and it was one of the worst midseason premiere I've ever seen.

They killed all the tension of the closing scene of the midseason finale in about thirty seconds, with Rick and Maggie somehow being able to magically get Daryl and Meryl out of the fighting ring against every armed guard in Woodbury.

They also just lazily skipped over every dramatic arc they possibly could. They set up some serious drama with the zombies entering Woodbury, and then all of a sudden the zombies were dead, and Andrea made a horribly written speech and now everyone is cool again? Why not build on that drama?

Daryl's leaving scene was kind of weak too. I really didn't feel anything when he took off with Meryl, and again there was no drama. It was just 'Yo, I'm leaving' 'Alright, cool'.

And why the fuck is Rick insane again? Seriously? There are so many other plot points and canons they can focus on, but they're pulling out the ghost wife bullshit?

ricks hallucinations are straight out of the comics, its why he uses the phone, and it is why he takes the phone with him.(in the comics anyway) the drama is being built. this was not the war on woodbury, it was a rescue mission it was the first shot in what will become a bigger conflict. last nights episode was a continuation of the midseason finale, it is setting the storylines for the rest of the season.

as for being able to get merle and daryl out. woodbury outside of a couple armed guards is weak. that is why haley was guarding the wall(the girl who couldnt hit a walker with a bow) the governor doesnt want anyone outside of his private armed guard to have any kind of skill or strength, he doesnt want them to be able to overthrow him. it is why he killed the soldiers(also taking their stuff as a bonus) it is also why he wants to take out the prison group.

I agree that the episode was underwhelming for a half season premiere. I hope that last part was just a result of Rick not sleeping for a few days, if Laurie comes back as a ghost I'm going to stop watching this shit.

his hallucinations continue its why he uses the phone, it is his way of coping with all the loss that is on his hands.

I agree that the episode was underwhelming for a half season premiere. I hope that last part was just a result of Rick not sleeping for a few days, if Laurie comes back as a ghost I'm going to stop watching this shit.

his hallucinations continue its why he uses the phone, it is his way of coping with all the loss that is on his hands.

I don't care about the hallucinations, I just don't want that bitch Lori back.

I don't care about the hallucinations, I just don't want that bitch Lori back.

we all want her gone :lol:

Somebody hacked into the Emergency Alert System of a Montana TV station with this message:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7pNAhENBV4

Montana TV Station Warns of 'Zombie Apocalypse': http://newsfeed.time.../#ixzz2KhX2MoA8

From the article: "The Great Falls Tribune reports the hoax alert generated at least four calls to police to see if it was true." :lol:

Best episode in quite some time. It really gets annoying when they only kill the "expendable" people though. How awesome would it have been if Hershel had just gotten popped during his little conversation with Rick?

Nonetheless, Merle and Daryl are back and that's awesome.

i really dont see it as annoying. i just think the deaths of major characters serve some kind of impact and some kind of punch. i think hershel is going to fill the role of dale in the comics. originally hershel was going to die in season 2, but they felt the death was too forced and gratuitous, i also think jeffery demunn wanting to leave the show fucked up plans. so pushing hershel into dale's comic story arc makes sense.

i just think it is going to be harder for the tv show to kill off beloved characters then it is to kill off popular characters in the comics. for instance killing off daryl in the tv show, they would probably lose quite a few viewers, although it would be very impactful and very emotional. in the comics they have their target audience, they know most of the comic fans are hardcore fans who will keep reading.

a show like the walking dead encompasses so many different viewers. they are naturally going to do something to piss someone off.

Best episode in quite some time. It really gets annoying when they only kill the "expendable" people though. How awesome would it have been if Hershel had just gotten popped during his little conversation with Rick?

Nonetheless, Merle and Daryl are back and that's awesome.

i really dont see it as annoying. i just think the deaths of major characters serve some kind of impact and some kind of punch. i think hershel is going to fill the role of dale in the comics. originally hershel was going to die in season 2, but they felt the death was too forced and gratuitous, i also think jeffery demunn wanting to leave the show fucked up plans. so pushing hershel into dale's comic story arc makes sense.

i just think it is going to be harder for the tv show to kill off beloved characters then it is to kill off popular characters in the comics. for instance killing off daryl in the tv show, they would probably lose quite a few viewers, although it would be very impactful and very emotional. in the comics they have their target audience, they know most of the comic fans are hardcore fans who will keep reading.

a show like the walking dead encompasses so many different viewers. they are naturally going to do something to piss someone off.

Yeah Dale is sorely missed and based on the leg it's obvious that they're grooming Hershel for Dale's role. Regardless, one of the biggest strengths of the comic is its tendency to completely surprise you with a sudden death to a character we actually care about. That hardly EVER happens in the show. Only examples I can think of are Dale (which was probably forced upon them) and T-Dog. I'm fine with the major characters not being killed off, but it'd be nice if they'd give a few minutes of screentime to people like Hershel's son in season 2 and Oscar. Axel actually wasn't bad. I liked him.

Obviously you can't kill Rick, Daryl and Carl, but pretty much everyone else is expendable and I doubt anyone would quit watching if they died. 10 bucks says the next good guys to die are the unnamed randomers in Tyreese's group.

Comic spoilers:

If they fuck up the final battle with the governor I'm going to be so disappointed. I can just see it now. Everyone escapes but the god damn nameless black people.
Edited by bacardimayne

yeah i liked axel as well. i also liked oscar too.

i agree about the prison ending, i dont think they will fuck that up, i think that is why a lot of main characters are not dying yet. the prison arc will go into season 4, so i think quite a few big names will eat it then. which will lead to a huge cast change over by the time they hit the alexandria safe zone probably in season 5 sometime, if not sooner.