The Walking Dead (Season 3) Discussion Thread *SPOILERS WITHIN**

bran

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrea is so much more likable in the comic, in the show I've hated her since season one

Tyreese looks like a promising character.

Comic spoilers ahead.

Am I the only one who thinks Daryl is going to get Tyreese's comic death?

now that you mention it I think thats very possible considering he's held captive under similar circulstances, fuck

Killing Penny was unecessary.

Yes, she was already dead, she was a zombie. But still, the Governor had feelings for her, he still saw her as his daughter. And honestly, I didn't really see any reason for Michoone to be so hateful towards the Governor.

She figured out he killed the national guard troops to take their weapons

Yes, she was already dead, she was a zombie. But still, the Governor had feelings for her, he still saw her as his daughter. And honestly, I didn't really see any reason for Michoone to be so hateful towards the Governor.

yup, found the bullet holes and blood all over the vehicle.

Edited by bran

Yes, he is a bad guy... But not at the point of her murdering her daughter (it was still her daughter to him, and she knew it) and trying to kill him, and then making him blind! What the fuck?

I would understand if she had gone in search of Merle, but the Governor?

That could have been anything. I know it was them, because I saw it. But how could she know? It was the national guard troops, bullets and blood on the vehicle it's not anything awkward, specially on those circumstances (fucking zombie apocalypse).

You mean aside from the fact that he's the one who sent Merle out to kill her? And she blinded him while he was trying to kill her again.

Yes, he is a bad guy... But not at the point of her murdering her daughter (it was still her daughter to him, and she knew it) and trying to kill him, and then making him blind! What the fuck?

I would understand if she had gone in search of Merle, but the Governor?

That could have been anything. I know it was them, because I saw it. But how could she know? It was the national guard troops, bullets and blood on the vehicle it's not anything awkward, specially on those circumstances (fucking zombie apocalypse).

when he comes back and says when he reached the army guys they were all dead, and you find bullet holes and fresh blood you start putting things together. not to mention being shoved in a van after having a gun put to your head and then blind folded not knowing where you are going etc. or finding a shitload of walkers chained up and locked in a cage.

not to mention once leaving woodbury having his goons try and kill you

Edited by bran

i can see daryl getting tyreese's death, but i dont think it is going to happen, at least not now he is going to get out of woodbury. i think andrea might end up eating it to be honest

I hope she does eat it. Man, words cant say how much I hate her character. I tolerated her from the beginning and instantly saw how dumb she is as far as trusting people. She gained some points when she started toughing up after Shane taught her to shoot and her whole escape from the farm on her own. But now I REALLY hope she dies. How dumb can you be to still stay with the gov after all the clues she's seen?

Maggie has been my fav female character and now Michonne is my fav.

Edited by Destiny

As much of a fucking bitch as Andrea is in the show, I still don't want her to die in vain hope of her becoming half the great character she is in the comics.

same, i thought she was turning the corner last season but then she shot daryl, and then i thought near the end of the season she turned around by being badass and then saving carol and top of that being helped by michonne just to piss that good will away by falling for the governors bullshit, i hope she turns into the andrea of the comics, the andrea in the comics is just too cool to be this fucking stupid in the show.

As much of a fucking bitch as Andrea is in the show, I still don't want her to die in vain hope of her becoming half the great character she is in the comics.

same, i thought she was turning the corner last season but then she shot daryl, and then i thought near the end of the season she turned around by being badass and then saving carol and top of that being helped by michonne just to piss that good will away by falling for the governors bullshit, i hope she turns into the andrea of the comics, the andrea in the comics is just too cool to be this fucking stupid in the show.

how is the dynamic between michonne and andrea in the comic?

If Andrea is a cool as you all say she is in the comic and michonne is clearly a fan fav in the comic and now in the show, It makes me wonder if they purposly dumbed down andrea so that there wasn't two badass female characters in the show. Maybe? :shrugs:

If Andrea is a cool as you all say she is in the comic and michonne is clearly a fan fav in the comic and now in the show, It makes me wonder if they purposly dumbed down andrea so that there wasn't two badass female characters in the show. Maybe? :shrugs:

Andrea and Michonne don't really interact much in the comic from what I remember.

she never really interacted with andrea in the comics. she was closest with tyreese and rick in the comics, but michonne and rick are pretty damn close in the comics.

i think the problem andrea has is how the tv version decided to bring in woodbury and the governor compared to the comic version. It also has to do with the difference in the tv version of the governor compared to the comic version. in the tv version he is a different kind of crazy, he is charming and charismatic and hides his crazyness.

in the comics he is a straight fucking maniac.

• 2 months later...

Andrea still being a dumb cunt despite what she saw

Daryl leaving the group

andrea is retarded, they fucked her character up from the comics very bad, but im holding out hope she will finally see the light, but i know it is a long shot :lol:

daryl will be back.

im slowly losing my patience with this show

agreed. The writers are really dragging ass, I feel like the show couldn't possibly be moving any slower. Maybe reading the comic has ruined it for me, but I just find it difficult to care what happens next in the show's universe at this point, too little actually happens in an hour of television. The 3 month gap between season halves certainly doesn't help.

The 1st season was great, I cared about the characters, the episodes were satisfying, everything unfolded at a reasonable pace. The 2nd season moved kind of slow but it held my interest. 1st half of the 3rd season was alright but it felt like it was moving even slower, some episodes nothing changed and they felt like total filler while others were exciting and shocking (Hershal's amputation, Lori giving birth/dying, Michonne leaving Woodbury, the attack on Woodbury). I dunno man, this episode just felt underwhelming for a "season half premier", it seems like things are moving at a painfully boring pace, everything that happened in this episode could have been summed up in 15 minutes or less.

Hope the next one has a little more develpment, I'm confident they'll be able to keep it interesting but god damnit someboy has to die or something.