Private GIG tonight - St.Tropez, France!

Silent Jay

Videos anyone ...anyone?

Wish i was wealthy enough to fork out the dough for this one, woulda been 10x cooler if duff was there along with izzy.

Wonder if we got $100 out of nearly every *active* member of the forum, if we'd hit a million ..let's book ourselves our own show! haha

First we'd have to settle on a location...now that could be the biggest argument of the year.

Edited by Flayer

This was the worst display of cash grabbing in GNR history. Playing a wedding for money is lame as all hell. Bringing in Izzy to play all those songs doesn't make it better - it makes it worst. It is obvious Izzy will travel just about anywhere in Europe for a pay day. I guess he is not as unreliable as people say when there are huge amounts of money involved. This summer Axl had one goal in mind and that was to make a shit load of money. Bravo Axl. You succeeded in that, but you still haven't buried Appetite oryour reliance on Slash's riffs to put on a show. GNR being a wedding band is absolute prostitution of the band name Guns N' Roses. What a disgrace.

What will you do when someone offers you 10.000$ just to play a clown at a birthday party?

Since the tour is over, refer them to Jarmo.

The tour wasn't over yet when this private gig took place.

Truth is, even if the concert must have KICKED ASS (especially due to Izzy being there), Axl and Izzy have left huge stains in my book. Axl for being a selfish asshole, and Izzy for flying to another continent to play at a wedding for money but not going to Cleveland to perform with his old friends.

Did it first now occur to you that Axl is an asshole?

How do you know that Izzy wasn't already in Europe? And why shouldn't playing with a good friend while earning money for your living be more important than to endure the drama of "reuniting" with some old friends at a silly award show?

EDIT: And what exactly is selfish about cramming in another show at a tour? For all we know he might have done it because his band mates wanted the extra money...

This forum is amazing.

"Fucking $lash, amirite, always playing gigs for money. You'd never see Axl doing that!"

::Axl plays a wedding for money::

"Well...HE NEEDS TO MAKE A LIVING YOU KNOW!"

Never change, Axl worshippers.

Soul, you might not have been on that ship.

But the Lolcanos and popcorns and a few others were in a kick recently saying that Slash was a sell out who only cared about making money.

But their "integrity and sell out" comments seem a bit hypocritical with how they hold Axl and DJ to different standards.

If Slash played a wedding, popcorn would have started 6 topics about how it proved Slash was only in it for the money. Lolcano would have responded the same thing in all six topics..."Axl would never sell out and play a wedding, one guy has integrity and one guy only cares about money."

But Axl plays a wedding and they don't have a problem with it.

A lot of the negative comments on here really stem from those discussions - the worshippers being hypocrites.

Imo Axl would have been crazy to turn it down. A million bucks for a two hour show? Easy money.

This private gig seems epic with everyone having a good time. Truth is, all of you idiots bitching would have loved to be there.

So true!

Those complainers are 1: Jealous or 2: No real fans

Lolcano - you weren't at the show, so you shouldn't be commenting on it. Follow your own rules.

And rocketqueen. It isn't your place to determine who is or isn't a fan. Take a step down from your high horse.

I've seen this band three times the last few years. Why would I be jealous over an abbreviated show?

And I've been a die-hard fan of Axl since 1988. I don't worship his every move like some of you do, I'm not a groupie. But Axl is my favorite rock singer of all time.

So both your statements are incorrect.

and people say Axl and his band isn't sellout...

(don't get me wrong if i was in Axl's shoes i definitely do the gig)

lol you can't label "sellout" a band that gets paid for doing their job

sellout would sacrifice their artistic integrity to gain fame and popularity and GNR didn't become more popular or famous for playing a private gig :popcorn:

PS: lovin' the new smileys, can we get more? :hug:

When were they asked to do this I wonder, considering a wedding usually books a band way ahead of time & gnr have their tour booked up. They are an unusual choice to play at a wedding, I guess this was a huge wedding & not your ordinary one.

Videos anyone ...anyone?

Wish i was wealthy enough to fork out the dough for this one, woulda been 10x cooler if duff was there along with izzy.

Wonder if we got $100 out of nearly every *active* member of the forum, if we'd hit a million ..let's book ourselves our own show! haha

First we'd have to settle on a location...now that could be the biggest argument of the year.

I thought the same thing, where is the centre point of the planet where they could play for convenience for everyone? Will that money include being picked up in their private jet & returned home again?

Nothing says "World's Most Dangerous Band" like being slotted in between the groom's toast and the chicken dance.

Does anyone really think that any of these guys joined "Guns N' Roses" with the ultimate goal of playing weddings? (maybe Dizzy)

Every day this gets a little more Spinal Tap.

The criticism towards this is just ridiculous.

They all get money to do it and I think it seems like a fun thing to do as well. It must be really refreshing to play something small as opposed to a festival or an arena.

Pretty rock n roll if you ask me to just get on a jet at the last minute and get a million bucks!

Some weddings rock! Who would mind in Axl's place to receive a million to play for a few songs and have free food, drinks & girls? :devilshades:

Is it me or Axl looks like Hugh Hefner in that robe? :confused:

Edited by trqster

Some weddings rock! Who would mind in Axl's place to receive a million to play for a few songs and have free food, drinks & girls? :devilshades:

Is it me or Axl looks like Hugh Hefner in that robe? :confused:

That is one ugly ass robe. Let's hope that the $$$ he made from this gig he invests in a new robe :takethat:

is this pic real or photoshopped?

454940AXL5.jpg

Edited by Tabitha27

Pretty rock n roll if you ask me to just get on a jet at the last minute and get a million bucks!

Actually there's nothing rock n roll about that..

Axl sold out quicker than the iPad..

That being said, I really don't care if GNR start playing bingo halls. This band is being controlled by a bunch of Brazilian nut jobs and I don't like it

That being said, I really don't care if GNR start playing bingo halls. This band is being controlled by a bunch of Brazilian nut jobs and I don't like it

Let's agree to disagree then. Maybe the band (with the exception of Bumble) enjoyed it? St Tropez and a laid back wedding gig sound like a lot of fun to me!

Found these two pics over at newgnr.com supposedly from this gig

389057_446855338687892_1843345038_n.jpg

Omg! Seriously, forget the reunion, he needs to just put this shit with Slash to bed. Everyone involved is too old to be carrying on like this. He looks like he should get his slippers, sit down with a cup of tea and watch Coronation Street. I don't say this to trash him, I just think after a certain age people need to work on letting things go, put the blaming and bitterness to bed, for your own sake. It's sad, he has wasted 16+ years of his life, there is no way around this. People can try and dress the past decade up in integrity and perfectionism, but we all know that isn't true, those are just euphemisms for something more complex, more darker. The road to Calvary, that's all I think of when I see him nowadays.

Anyway, I'm sure it was a fun gig. Izzy being there was cool.

Let's agree to disagree then. Maybe the band (with the exception of Bumble) enjoyed it? St Tropez and a laid back wedding gig sound like a lot of fun to me!

Then the band should go to St Tropez on their own time. GNR a wedding band? On the same bill as Bryan Adams? Very rock n roll, very dangerous!

Was Axl on time? I bet my ass he was since he had a 7 figure paycheck coming, but when the fans are paying the money he obviously couldn't give a fuck..

This is all my opinion though, I had the same reaction when John Lydon did a butter commercial and Dylan sold underwear. Axl can do whatever the fuck he wants, I just want a new record.