Private GIG tonight - St.Tropez, France!

Silent Jay

So, we find out about a surprise/private gig and it turns into a bashing fest? ... Only in mygnr :violin:

Only the same predictable people here that attempt to cast a negative light on all things GNR ;)

Like Bumble? :o

Ask yourself

Why I would choose

To Prostitute myself

To live with fortune and shame?

Oh yeah

Getting paid for performing, what a sellout! :rolleyes:

I don't get what's so wrong about an in demand musician agreeing to do a private show. It's also a job.

So, we find out about a surprise/private gig and it turns into a bashing fest? ... Only in mygnr :violin:

Only the same predictable people here that attempt to cast a negative light on all things GNR ;)

Like Bumble? :o

Ha, No Dazey.

Damn Redcoat smartass :lol::laugh:

Ask yourself

Why I would choose

To Prostitute myself

To live with fortune and shame?

Oh yeah

Getting paid for performing, what a sellout! :rolleyes:

I don't get what's so wrong about an in demand musician agreeing to do a private show. It's also a job.

Indeed. It's not like they are replacing a normal gig with this private thingy, it comes in addition.

Btw -- and I usually don't say these things -- that comment from Dazey was hilarious :D

Edited by SoulMonster

Maybe Izzy will accept money in exchange for making an album with Axl.

I sincerely hope that Izzy's heavily involved with the songwriting/recording of the next GNR release. That would be a kick-ass GNR album!!! :)

Axl and Izzy rule at songwriting together!!! rock3

You succeeded in that, but you still haven't buried Appetite oryour reliance on Slash's riffs to put on a show.

That's strange considering that the shows' been receiving great reviews. But I guess you just know better, heh.

Truth is, even if the concert must have KICKED ASS (especially due to Izzy being there), Axl and Izzy have left huge stains in my book. Axl for being a selfish asshole, and Izzy for flying to another continent to play at a wedding for money but not going to Cleveland to perform with his old friends.

Did it first now occur to you that Axl is an asshole?

How do you know that Izzy wasn't already in Europe? And why shouldn't playing with a good friend while earning money for your living be more important than to endure the drama of "reuniting" with some old friends at a silly award show?

EDIT: And what exactly is selfish about cramming in another show at a tour? For all we know he might have done it because his band mates wanted the extra money...

Bumblefoot ‏@bumblefoot

Wow. Diverted without info (or gear or clothes or sleep) to play a wedding in France. Yep. Guess it's not *one show left*...

Since Ron evidently was not aware of this show I would be surprised if any of the others had a clue....not to say they did not make $$$ but I would be surprised if they were consulted.

Axl didn't necessarily need to talk with them before the show to know that they would like the extra income -- they could have had an agreement to take additional gigs when the tour started. I am not defending the fact that Axl's band mates seem to be left in the dark when it comes to GN'R plans -- I find that absolutely horrible and would never have accepted it myself -- just pointing out that Axl might have agreed to the gig because he knew they (well, most of them at least) would welcome one more gig and more income. In the very least, we don't know.

I don't have a problem with Axl doing a private gig for big $$$ as playing live is his profession and why not take an easy private gig and make a quick buck...he would be crazy to turn down that easy money.......and I am betting Izzy did it for a quick payday and I say good for him.......why not cash in on the songs he wrote and co-wrote..........

I have an issue with Axl fans making it out like he is not in it for the money and he has some higher integrity which is bullshit....I also find it ironic he wants to bury the old band yet he is living off of the old songs........

Edited by classicrawker

I have an issue with Axl fans making it out like he is not in it for the money and he has some higher integrity which is bullshit....I also find it ironic he wants to bury the old band yet he is living off of the old songs........

I think his decision to never unite with the UYI/AFd lineup despite the large lumps of money offered, his decision to not attend that award show despite the mass amount of criticism he knew he would get, and his decision to not promote CD because of spite caused by label forcing the release and hence losing sales and revenues, demonstrate that his primary motivating factor at this part of his life is NOT money. He seems to have an amazingly strong integrity and completely plays by his own rules despite what that may cost him.

All this being said, of course he wants to be compensated for his job. Of course he want tour for free. Of course he won't be giving away his music for free (that's Best Buy's job). But I believe it is clear he is now less motivated by money than most other artists. And I think the explanation for this is pretty clear: Past accomplishments allows him a sufficient income to relax and frees him to focus more on his art than what others can do.

You claim he wants to "bury the old band". Wasn't this said quite many years ago? Could it be that it has dawned on him now that he will NEVER exceed his past accomplishments and that he will always have to rely on classic songs to draw large crowds? I sure hope so.

You claim he wants to "bury the old band". Wasn't this said quite many years ago? Could it be that it has dawned on him now that he will NEVER exceed his past accomplishments and that he will always have to rely on classic songs to draw large crowds? I sure hope so.

I don't claim anything I am just repeating what Marc has told us Axl said to him and it hasn't been that long since Marc talked to him...........If you have been reading Marc's posts he has stated that Axl does not want to do anything which might promote the old band............And I am guessing Axl realizes the classics are his bread and butter...the average fans goes to his shows to hear those songs and if he stopped playing them he would be left with ChiDem, solos and cover songs and would be lucky to fill a club............but it is still hypocritical IMHO.......

I think his decision to never unite with the UYI/AFd lineup despite the large lumps of money offered, his decision to not attend that award show despite the mass amount of criticism he knew he would get, and his decision to not promote CD because of spite caused by label forcing the release and hence losing sales and revenues, demonstrate that his primary motivating factor at this part of his life is NOT money. He seems to have an amazingly strong integrity and completely plays by his own rules despite what that may cost him.

All this being said, of course he wants to be compensated for his job. Of course he want tour for free. Of course he won't be giving away his music for free (that's Best Buy's job). But I believe it is clear he is now less motivated by money than most other artists. And I think the explanation for this is pretty clear: Past accomplishments allows him a sufficient income to relax and frees him to focus more on his art than what others can do.

I'd simply replace "integrity" with "stubborness" and otherwise agree.

Is this for real? What can you guys possibly find in this to complain about?

Sure, it sucks that Ron didn't know about it, but he ended up having fun and eleven songs with Izzy is fucking awesome.

I fail to see how someone could turn this into an Axl vs Slash bash fest. You guys will just argue about anything and everything. GN'R has done private gigs before, and Izzy probably liked the idea of playing with his friend on their landmark album's birthday.

This is the coolest thing that's happened to the band in months. And this is getting turned into a negative? Well, then.

This private gig seems epic with everyone having a good time. Truth is, all of you idiots bitching would have loved to be there.

This

Depends on if the florist did a good job and if the caterer offered a la carte table service. Also, if the father/daghter dance was "Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong. This was after all a wedding. :jerkoff:

Looks like it was an awesome show. Wish I'd been there. Hope a DVD/BD/DD/etc is eventually released from one of (or all of) the recent Izzy shows.

Still not sure why people who don't like GNR continue to read threads about GNR shows . . .

Yeah, same goes for people that release unreleased GNR songs despite that maybe not being to Axl's willing.

It also goes for people that threaten GNR to release certain information or they will release it themselves, and also give up bits of "classified" information.

Yes, real love for GNR right there. I really do enjoy reading your posts MSL of complete asskissery, I always think back to what you've done in the past and have a mini-moment of laughter for myself.

Edited by The Black

Looks like it was an awesome show. Wish I'd been there. Hope a DVD/BD/DD/etc is eventually released from one of (or all of) the recent Izzy shows.

Still not sure why people who don't like GNR continue to read threads about GNR shows . . .

Yeah, same goes for people that release unreleased GNR songs despite that maybe not being to Axl's willing.

It also goes for people that threaten GNR to release certain information or they will release it themselves, and also give up bits of "classified" information.

Yes, real love for GNR right there. I really do enjoy reading your posts MSL of complete asskissery, I always think back to what you've done in the past and have a mini-moment of laughter for myself.

I thought the same thing.

This has nothing to do with the topic. At all.

Back on track please guys.