Private GIG tonight - St.Tropez, France!

Silent Jay

Sounds like it ended up being a cool gig in the end. It sucks that we all have to "sell out" for money, but we all do it. People would be surprised at the # of unpublicized "private" gigs that many bands play for huge amounts of cash. In a perfect world a show like this wouldn't happen, but if the person who made the request is a huge Guns fan and can afford it, what's the big deal?

If I ever become a billionaire and I could book a private Guns show for a million bucks, I'd do it in a fucking milli-second. And you're all invited.

As for Bumblefoot, kudos for speaking his mind. On one hand, he should consider himself lucky he doesn't have to work 10 hour shifts at a shitty job with a sore back. However, we all get pissed off from time to time (especially when we're in pain) and the people whining about it really need to ask themselves one simply question: do we want these guys to be honest and communicate with us, or not? I for one say, unequivocably, yes.

Edited by axlsalinger

man up

Man up? You mean like all other band members after the original line-up that got fed up with Axl's tyranny and left? Never to speak of any of it ever again?

I'd say I'd like to hear some dirt on our ginger wonder. Still you grovelers wiil always be siding with Axl, through thick and thin.

man up

Man up? You mean like all other band members after the original line-up that got fed up with Axl's tyranny and left? Never to speak of any of it ever again?

I'd say I'd like to hear some dirt on our ginger wonder. Still you grovelers wiil always be siding with Axl, through thick and thin.

I am not siding with anyone here. I bet Bumblefoot's got plenty of reasons to be sad and depressed, but he has chosen this himself. Whining about your own decisions in life is just pathetic and in this case it may also hurt your band mates and your professional obligations.

man up

I am not siding with anyone here. I bet Bumblefoot's got plenty of reasons to be sad and depressed, but he has chosen this himself. Whining about your own decisions in life is just pathetic and in this case it may also hurt your band mates and your professional obligations.

Jesus Christ, the guy is playing with a broken back for YOUR entertainment. Get some fucking perspective. Everyone on this place is an absolute spoilt brat with no compassion for other human beings. It makes me sick.

man up

Jesus Christ, the guy is playing with a broken back for YOUR entertainment. Get some fucking perspective. Everyone on this place is an absolute spoilt brat with no compassion for other human beings. It makes me sick.

I have a lot of empathy for Bumblefoot's pain, but not for his decision to tour while hurt. And especially not for whining about that decision. He needs to man up.

man up

I have a lot of empathy for Bumblefoot's pain, but not for his decision to tour while hurt. And especially not for whining about that decision. He needs to man up.

That is just insane, he did exactly what you want him to. Do you think it is possible to change guitar player during the tour, without rehearsals etc ? I think he wanted to leave and cure himself but he couldn't. Band wouldn't be the same without him and they wouldn't be able to find proper replacement. He did becasue he respected fans, his bandmates etc. I think some people don't know a shit about back problems let me educate you - there are days when you can't get out of band or put your socks on, when you feel like you had razors in your back and painkillers make you feel dizzy not to mention playing with heavy guitars, lifting gear, being in constant travel. Bumble is a hero for me that he was able to go through it, after my back surgery I can't walk and if someone told to get up and go back on to the court I would tell to fuck off.

I think this situation, like GNR as a whole, is just very sad. I'm not a fan of Ron, but I think he should move on with his life. GNR has been turned into a complete joke. To call GNR a "band" is just insulting. Ron (and the other guys) are just being completely disrespected and treated like shit. Everything is now in the open, as if it wasn't before, but we all know Ron is miserable in GNR. It's safe to say why he plays Glad to be here now. Although, I'm sure it will still be disputed by the resident loons of this site.

If Ron leaves, that will be the final nail in the coffin for this band. The revolving door 'band' that is GNR, will go into hibernation whilst Axl finds his next emo guitar prodigy, who is more interested in uploading pics of himself trout pouting, then practising his parts. Another album? Forget it. 2020 at best.

For Ron's sake, I hope he does leave. He doesn't need this shit anymore. Good for him calling Axl on his shit. At least someone has the balls to do it in Camp "Yes".

This group is a joke, I cannot bring myself to call it a band. Following it nowadays is just sheer curiosity to see how bad things will get.

I'm very disapointed in Ron's attitude :thumbsdown:

I don't like to see him tweeting negative stuff, as he's a mega-cool dude who has always had a positive attitude.

Chronic pain changes people's humor, attitude and perspective. I hope he can find a treatment that would make him tolerate pain and wish him all the best

Dazey you should take a course in graphic design .. your "paint work" is awful .. take the advise ... you'll be more funny :takethat:

Any better? ;)

wedding-singer1-1.jpg

hahahahahahaha :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Guest Gunns
man up

fellow mygnr members and visitors,

this forum member right here is the very definition of someone who is a fucking asshole.

Sounds like it ended up being a cool gig in the end. It sucks that we all have to "sell out" for money, but we all do it. People would be surprised at the # of unpublicized "private" gigs that many bands play for huge amounts of cash. In a perfect world a show like this wouldn't happen, but if the person who made the request is a huge Guns fan and can afford it, what's the big deal?

If I ever become a billionaire and I could book a private Guns show for a million bucks, I'd do it in a fucking milli-second. And you're all invited.

As for Bumblefoot, kudos for speaking his mind. On one hand, he should consider himself lucky he doesn't have to work 10 hour shifts at a shitty job with a sore back. However, we all get pissed off from time to time (especially when we're in pain) and the people whining about it really need to ask themselves one simply question: do we want these guys to be honest and communicate with us, or not? I for one say, unequivocably, yes.

good post

man up

fellow mygnr members and visitors,

this forum member right here is the very definition of someone who is a fucking asshole.

I feel a bit sorry for him. I don't think he grasps the grown up business, that Axl would be sued for cancelling the gigs and that Axl would sue BBF into oblivion.

"Man up, you only have a broken back". Vintage Soul Monster.

man up

That is just insane, he did exactly what you want him to.

I have never wanted him to tour while hurt if he couldn't take it without complaining like a little girl.

Do you think it is possible to change guitar player during the tour, without rehearsals etc ?

No, that's why I don't want him to quit mid-tour. But it was HIS decision to start on this tour and now HE just needs to stop whining about it.

I think he wanted to leave and cure himself but he couldn't. Band wouldn't be the same without him and they wouldn't be able to find proper replacement. He did becasue he respected fans, his bandmates etc.

And now he has to continue that professional attitude.

I think some people don't know a shit about back problems let me educate you - there are days when you can't get out of band or put your socks on, when you feel like you had razors in your back and painkillers make you feel dizzy not to mention playing with heavy guitars, lifting gear, being in constant travel.

Wow, and yet the fool decided to go on tour with the band risking to jeopardize the whole thing?

Again, lots of kudos to him for sacrificing himself for the band but if it ends up with him whining on twitter about how horrible his life is, then he probably made a mistake by accepting the responsibility of signing up for the tour in the first place. He should man up, shut his mouth and learn from his mistake.

Bumble is a hero for me that he was able to go through it, after my back surgery I can't walk and if someone told to get up and go back on to the court I would tell to fuck off.

But surely you haven't made an obligation to tour with a rock and roll band and then started to moan about it on twitter because you just decided the decision was wrong?

I don't like to see him tweeting negative stuff, as he's a mega-cool dude who has always had a positive attitude.

Chronic pain changes people's humor, attitude and perspective. I hope he can find a treatment that would make him tolerate pain and wish him all the best

Dazey you should take a course in graphic design .. your "paint work" is awful .. take the advise ... you'll be more funny :takethat:

Any better? ;)

wedding-singer1-1.jpg

There have been some quality photoshops on mygnr lately lol.

Any better? ;)

wedding-singer1-1.jpg

There have been some quality photoshops on mygnr lately lol.

:rofl-lol: Now thats funny.

"Man up, you only have a broken back". Vintage Soul Monster.

Heh, nope, I don't consider a broken back to be a trifling matter at all. Here's what I am saying: "man up, it was your decision to go on tour while injured". If he had thrown in the towel before the tour because of his injuries he would have had all the sympathy and support from me. I wouldn't even have minded him letting the world know he suffers right now. He could have been cool about it: "Fuck this is hard, I made a bad decision but show will go on", or even "sorry guys, I made a wrong decision and now I have to stop touring." But to just complain and signal that he detests the tour and considers the remaining show nothing but a bore, is just unprofessional and bad form towards his band mates, his audience and his fans.

I think this situation, like GNR as a whole, is just very sad. I'm not a fan of Ron, but I think he should move on with his life. GNR has been turned into a complete joke. To call GNR a "band" is just insulting. Ron (and the other guys) are just being completely disrespected and treated like shit. Everything is now in the open, as if it wasn't before, but we all know Ron is miserable in GNR. It's safe to say why he plays Glad to be here now. Although, I'm sure it will still be disputed by the resident loons of this site.

If Ron leaves, that will be the final nail in the coffin for this band. The revolving door 'band' that is GNR, will go into hibernation whilst Axl finds his next emo guitar prodigy, who is more interested in uploading pics of himself trout pouting, then practising his parts. Another album? Forget it. 2020 at best.

For Ron's sake, I hope he does leave. He doesn't need this shit anymore. Good for him calling Axl on his shit. At least someone has the balls to do it in Camp "Yes".

This group is a joke, I cannot bring myself to call it a band. Following it nowadays is just sheer curiosity to see how bad things will get.

This finnal leg of the tour has been about cash grab, and I'm guessing an attempt on Axl's part to prove he can show up and get on with it, wihtout the toys out of pram routine, as maybe he would like a future record deal. As for Ron, wasn't he beiong paid far less than DJ Ash ? which seems out taking into account how average DJ Ash is. Without doubt this lastest line up has been the worst. Atleast when Buckethead was hired i'd bother to check out the YouTube videos.