Private GIG tonight - St.Tropez, France!

Silent Jay

I find this kind of depressing. I know it's a lot of money but I think it would have been nice for Axl to at least pretend to care about the rest of his band. And why are people ripping on Ron? Obviously you don't understand shit about being in constant pain. Yes, I'm sure he's happy to be in GNR and all the perks that come with it, but this is ridiculous. As far as him doing it publicly it's not like it would matter ifhe did it privately, meaning the result would be the same - Axl's decision.

It will always be Axl's decision though. People call it a band but it isn't really is it? Axl makes all the final decisions and calls. It's his band at the end of the day and I'm sure all of the members (including Ron) are well aware of that.

I'm not trying to insult them or anything but unfortunately until they start churning out some music I can't see any change in the power distribution happening.

Even releasing new music won't change things. This is Axl's band, it's his money that finances everything this band does. People need to get over the fact that this is a "band" in the traditional sense. It's not and hasn't been for a very long time. BBF is paid to play and record when he's tOld to, people may not like to hear that (bbf included) but its true.

Yeah I can't challenge any of that. I suppose I meant that if they released some stuff they might have some more ground or 'rights' to call themselves a band but it's not likely is it. It's Axl's band and rightly so (given the legal circumstances - not saying I agree with it).

Izzy? Wow.

Wow Izzy is on stage! Is he filling in for 4tus ? Weird he started w/ the band and didn't come out as a special guest

Guest Broskirose

I find this kind of depressing. I know it's a lot of money but I think it would have been nice for Axl to at least pretend to care about the rest of his band. And why are people ripping on Ron? Obviously you don't understand shit about being in constant pain. Yes, I'm sure he's happy to be in GNR and all the perks that come with it, but this is ridiculous. As far as him doing it publicly it's not like it would matter ifhe did it privately, meaning the result would be the same - Axl's decision.

It will always be Axl's decision though. People call it a band but it isn't really is it? Axl makes all the final decisions and calls. It's his band at the end of the day and I'm sure all of the members (including Ron) are well aware of that.

I'm not trying to insult them or anything but unfortunately until they start churning out some music I can't see any change in the power distribution happening.

Even releasing new music won't change things. This is Axl's band, it's his money that finances everything this band does. People need to get over the fact that this is a "band" in the traditional sense. It's not and hasn't been for a very long time. BBF is paid to play and record when he's tOld to, people may not like to hear that (bbf included) but its true.

Yeah I can't challenge any of that. I suppose I meant that if they released some stuff they might have some more ground or 'rights' to call themselves a band but it's not likely is it. It's Axl's band and rightly so (given the legal circumstances - not saying I agree with it).

Izzy? Wow.

Wow Izzy is on stage! Is he filling in for 4tus ? Weird he started w/ the band and didn't come out as a special guest

We don't know that...

Izzy? Wow.

We don't know that...

?

It's Izzy here

656908ee86b250d39411e1b52912313820446d7.jpg

Guest Broskirose

Izzy? Wow.

We don't know that...

?

It's Izzy here

656908ee86b250d39411e1b52912313820446d7.jpg

I mean we don't know that Izzy started the show with the band.

Here Today... Gone To Hell!

Dead Flowers with Izzy (St Tropez)

418645_10150919544080059_2038397573_n.jpg

Guest Gunns

I'll mention the elephant in the room.

So does this mean Izzy will take the place of Ron if he does indeed quit?

him trying to play shacklers or twat?

Lol

Guest Broskirose

Broskirose, it seems jarmo wanted the exclusive, that's why your thread was deleted?

No it was actually deleted because I quoted the OP here and Jarmo didn't like the photoshopped pic of Axl. :lol:

I'll mention the elephant in the room.

So does this mean Izzy will take the place of Ron if he does indeed quit?

I like Izzy but come on. There are very few people who can play what Ron plays. I'm not singing his praises (even though I think he's a genius), but his style and the stuff he plays, not many people can replicate. That's why when people say "________ is better than Ron!!", I would love to see them play some of the crazy stuff like the Shackler solo, or do Bucket almost note-for-note on the TWAT solo. Izzy is talented but was born to be a rhythm player. Next!