Private GIG tonight - St.Tropez, France!

Silent Jay

This could very well be known as the show that killed GNR.

I wonder if Axl and BBF will hug after the show... Well tomorrow's show I mean...

Axl Owns gnr. Ron is an employee of gnr.

Im in the army and being used to being fucked around with no sleep and last minute jobs, if my boss made a decision and i had him on my facebook i wouldnt slate the up coming job because it wouldnt be respectful. Especially when the peorson at hand has 1000's of followers. Its embaressing for thr bands image.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I wonder what'll happen on the coming days/weeks/months

I wouldn't worry too much. He has complained on Twitter before. He is probably exhausted, tired and sore - just having a downer.

I find this kind of depressing. I know it's a lot of money but I think it would have been nice for Axl to at least pretend to care about the rest of his band. And why are people ripping on Ron? Obviously you don't understand shit about being in constant pain. Yes, I'm sure he's happy to be in GNR and all the perks that come with it, but this is ridiculous. As far as him doing it publicly it's not like it would matter ifhe did it privately, meaning the result would be the same - Axl's decision.

It will always be Axl's decision though. People call it a band but it isn't really is it? Axl makes all the final decisions and calls. It's his band at the end of the day and I'm sure all of the members (including Ron) are well aware of that.

I'm not trying to insult them or anything but unfortunately until they start churning out some music I can't see any change in the power distribution happening.

And there we have it! It's not a band, it's not a family, it's Axl and hired musicians.

I'm trying really hard to be supportive of Axl, but he makes it so hard sometimes. Frankly, I'm amazed how some of the sheep here make it look so easy.

*edit: stupid phone

Edited by Dariablue

I find it funny how people assume gnr is band of mates playing shows and everything is equal like some teenage band.

Its a business which earns millions and each member will have tgere own managment with written contracts. They're not all sleeping in the one room drinking night train.

Guest Broskirose

My thread was restored on HTGTH and merged with other posts.

How are you not banned there yet? I'm assuming you're a very watered down version of your mygnr self.

Believe it or not my karma is only -1.

I find it funny how people assume gnr is band of mates playing shows and everything is equal like some teenage band.

Its a business which earns millions and each member will have tgere own managment with written contracts. They're not all sleeping in the one room drinking night train.

It's a bit soulless though isn't it? Not the sleeping rough drinking night train bit, that was just you being deliberately silly. For a band that has none of its original identity is what I mean.

Guest Broskirose

My thread was restored on HTGTH and merged with other posts.

How are you not banned there yet? I'm assuming you're a very watered down version of your mygnr self.

Believe it or not my karma is only -1.

I don't know WTF that means.

On HTGTH instead of a warning bar they have a karma counter thing.

I find this kind of depressing. I know it's a lot of money but I think it would have been nice for Axl to at least pretend to care about the rest of his band. And why are people ripping on Ron? Obviously you don't understand shit about being in constant pain. Yes, I'm sure he's happy to be in GNR and all the perks that come with it, but this is ridiculous. As far as him doing it publicly it's not like it would matter ifhe did it privately, meaning the result would be the same - Axl's decision.

It will always be Axl's decision though. People call it a band but it isn't really is it? Axl makes all the final decisions and calls. It's his band at the end of the day and I'm sure all of the members (including Ron) are well aware of that.

I'm not trying to insult them or anything but unfortunately until they start churning out some music I can't see any change in the power distribution happening.

Even releasing new music won't change things. This is Axl's band, it's his money that finances everything this band does. People need to get over the fact that this is a "band" in the traditional sense. It's not and hasn't been for a very long time. BBF is paid to play and record when he's tOld to, people may not like to hear that (bbf included) but its true.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Even releasing new music won't change things. This is Axl's band, it's his money that finances everything this band does. People need to get over the fact that this is a "band" in the traditional sense. It's not and hasn't been for a very long time. BBF is paid to play and record when he's tOld to, people may not like to hear that (bbf included) but its true.

Yeah I can't challenge any of that. I suppose I meant that if they released some stuff they might have some more ground or 'rights' to call themselves a band but it's not likely is it. It's Axl's band and rightly so (given the legal circumstances - not saying I agree with it).

Izzy? Wow.

I own my own business and still am at the mercy of meeting w/ buyers and changing my schedule to accomadate them. I buy plane tickets after meetings are confirmed, then at the last minute the meeting is reschulded and I have to change my ticket and pay hundreds of extra dollars to do it. It's the cost of doing business.

Honestly I don't get what BBF is so mad about? Is he to hurt to play? Is he just burned out? From the pics looks like an accoustic show of some sort.